Hey, Is It Obvious I'm New?

BarbieVapor

I just bought my first e-cig the other day. I purchased the Totally Wicked Tornado Tank setup with the duel tank adaptor (just to hold more liquid than the regular tank that it comes with holds. I really can't stand the smell of cigarettes. I was going to go buy a hookah when I saw the Totally Wicked display setup. I really liked the accessories that it came with, plus the accessories you could buy for it, and all of the flavors all smelled lovely.

So I purchased it with 10ml of Blueberry and 10ml or Tiger's Blood.

Compared to smoking cigs, I'm quite impressed to find myself more drawn to the electronic cig rather than my actual pack. I have no motivation to smoke from the pack as of now. Not sure if that changes or if that's just because I can smoke the vapor inside and it's freezing outside.

Anyways, I can't help but want to go back and get more flavors! I know it'll take me a while to get through the 20ml of fluid, but I can't help but want more! Ah, and the obsession starts.

Either way, it's a great concept with the vapor. And it feels cleaner. Though, with some of the e-liquids that I've tried, I can't help but get this film-like taste in my mouth. Is this normal? And does it go away eventually?

Any other suggestions on my little setup here?

Welcome !!!

sounds like you are off to a good start. You have a good setup to get you started with vaping. as you have already found out....there are tons of toys and flavors just waiting to be bought.

20mls probably wont last more than a couple of weeks.

backups are always good....batteries, charger, atomizer/cartomizer/clearomizers, liquid.

Check out Clearomizers.....the vision line of clearomizers are so easy to use and work great.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/atomizer-cartomizer-cartridges-cartomizers-c-111_113/vision-2-0-ego-clearomizer-1-6ml-ce4-p-1747

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1156&category_id=39&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=84

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't sure how long the liquid would last, but now as I'm smoking it- I see what you're saying! Now I have to gather some good flavors. I love how many options there are. :)

Question about the e-liquid, though. (I'll try not to bombard everyone xD):

Can I use any brand of e-liquid with the e cig that I have? Or should I just stick to the same brand?

I'll definitely check that out! I'd love to try other brands. :)

I may be stopping by that shop on my way out today to see what I can pick up. Lots of money for start up, but I easily see me saving money on this. That's what I'm most excited about!

You can use any brand of liquid, thats one of the best parts....so many great choices.

sweet vapes has some great flavors to choose from.

PG liquids...thinner, better throat hit, better flavor

VG liquids...thicker, more vapor, bit sweeter

Most people go for some combination of PG and VG. For me personally, I like PG 80% and VG 20%....best of both worlds.

bombard away, your questions can help others getting started. We are here to help !!

All of what Kitsune said. :lol:

Sweet-Vapes as well as other vendors have 5 ml bottles that are perfect for sampling. Once I find something I really like I get a bigger bottle. Um... like the Dulce de Leche, 12 mg nic, 50VG/50PG. That started as a 5 ml bottle. It had to steep for a couple of weeks before it tasted better but then... a 30 ml bottle that came about a week ago and is now half gone... :(

EC Blends has a wonderful chocolate malt (extra flavor), that's just... mmmmm. The Vapor Room also has many wonderful juices and sales!

You don't have to go through one bottle at a time. Some you vape a lot for awhile and then put away only to come back to it again later on. The choices are endless.

Welcome to VT and to vaping! :)

Thanks you two! :)

I have ordered a ton of different e-liquids and I'm trying to narrow down my choices for a backup e-cig. I have a couple disposable ecigs (which are actually very nice) but I'd like to actually have a real backup.

How long do ecigs last? Should I be replacing parts every so often?

Edit: Instead of making a whole post, I'll just add this here...

How many mg should I be aiming to get if I smoked about a 3/4 pack to a pack a day?

Edited by BarbieVapor