Need Help Choosing An E-Cig - Not Mixing My Own

JQueen21

Hello everyone;

I am in the process of trying to purchase an e-cig for the first time. I am so confused as to which brand to buy as there are so many. I do not wish to mix my own at this time, I need advice as ie,, battery life, taste, PRICE, etc. I have been reading reviews online for certain brands but I don't have a clue. I read the BLU has a horrible baterry life,cartridges are always out of stock, read the V2's are good all the way around, -- just too much info for a begginner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks................

I'm sitting here reading of all your posts and there is so much to learn about this............ Any help would greatly appreciated just to get me started in the right direction. - (I smoke all the time, every day.)..

Ok, let's just take this all one step at a time :)

If you smoke a lot you'll want a lot of battery life. This means a "cig style" ecig simply won't have enough battery life to keep up with you. So that throws a lot out of the water right off the bat.

My next suggestion would be to look at what's called an eGo. Very popular and well performing ecig with enough battery life for most of us. I recommend getting a kit with at least 2 batteries as you should always have a back up. I would also recommend getting a kit that starts you off with something simple like a basic cartomizer or maybe a vision ego transparent clearomizer.

http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/products-page/starter-kits/the-ego-dual-coil-cartomizer-kit/

there's a good starter kit for a good price. Should be simple to use/figure out for a newbie. I recommend that vendor a lot because they have great customer service, low prices, and fast shipping. Don't remember if that kit comes with juice or not but if it doesn't he sells juice right on his site.

If you have any questions about the juice feel free to post up with your questions and good luck :)

Thanks for your help, all of this is mind boggling............ to say the least. I have been reading post after post and that seems to be the consensus, the EGO cig, but what brand ? There are so many to choose from and I have went on a few websites and all the ones that were recommended seem to be out of stock. I want to be able to get supplies when I need them, not wait for weeks. I really didn't want to get something huge as in size........ I've been reading about the battery life, volts, etc. too much to comprehend ..... I have to choose something soon within the next few days, these cigs are killing me.

How do you do the juice, since everyone seems to like that better than the cartridges and everyone seems to agree that it is cheaper? . I've read that if you are a newbie to vaping you shouldn't try to use juice right off the bat....... Any thoughts ?

using juice right off the bat is not difficult. if you buy a kit with cartomizers they're either pre filled or blank. if they're pre filled you can start vaping them right away. if they're blank you'll have to fill them yourself. refilling either is not hard.

the eGo is not as big as you might think, it's bigger than the cig styles but like i said if you smoke a lot chances are you'll vape a lot. and a small battery means you'll constantly have to have a bunch charging it's more of a pain than it's worth.

that eGo kit that i linked to is a good one, those are genuine joye ego's which are pretty much the best. 2 900mah batteries. the cartomizers it comes with are blank so you would fill them yourself. i go through about 10ml's of juice a week but other people go through way more. so if i were you i would start by buying a few different types of juice of whatever you think sounds good in small amounts. maybe 10ml bottles. they should only be about $5 a piece.

if your'e a heavy smoker i would start at at least 18mg nic level maybe even 24mg

Jeff - How do you use those........... - take the visions - fill it with juice, attach to battery and vape away ???????????

yes

Jeff - How do you use those........... - take the visions - fill it with juice, attach to battery and vape away ???????????

Yes, its very simple and easy to use. :)

BLU - I think I'm going to go with that kit you linked me too. Been looking around the web and that seems to be a pretty good deal. I may smoke alot but I smoke ULTRA lights about a pack a day, more if I have some wine !!!!! . So do you still recommend the 18mg ?

My BF smokes Camel Wides and Mediums - would you still recommend the 18 mg for him too, or should I order some 24 mg for him.

Should I buy extra cartomzers - (they're like $2.50 ) How frequently do you have to change the caromizers ?

- what about juice - they have some on that website but none that really interest me.

Jeff - you seem to llnk to the sweet vape website frequently - their juice sound delicious - but whats up with the PG/VG mix ? What would you recommend ?

BTW - Thanks guys, you have really helped me out alot here. I'm understandind this thing a lot more.

how quickly you go through cartomizers is completely dependent on how you vape. the average for a 1ml carto seems to be about a week for most people. but those are larger carto's, i would still just assume you'll get about a week out of one. so if it comes with 4 you should have a few weeks worth. couldn't hurt to order extra. but you may want to order a few of those vision clearomizers, that site has them for sale. that way you can try a few different things.

i would recommend the same for juice, get a little bit at 18mg a little bit at 24mg and a little bit at maybe 12 or 14mg so that you can find what suits you.

sweetvapes has VERY good juice. if they have a sampler pack i'd recommend getting that. that way you can try different flavors and find out what you like without having to order a bunch of anything that you maybe won't like.

PG= propolyne glycol

VG= Vegetable glycerine

both are bases for ejuice. pg has more throat hit and flavor, but vg produces more vapor. a lot of people like a mix of the 2 instead of just 100% of one or the other. i personally prefer 75/25 vg/pg. but a lot of people like a 50/50 blend.

Edited by blucavvy

Blu - that EGO kit you linked to holds 4ml of liquid - so that's quite a bit isn't it for one cartomizer ? ( I will order extras for sure.)

I can use the clearomizer with the EGO kit ? I use it the same way ? (if I understand Jeff correctly)

I think I will get some 12mg for me... I know the 24mg witll be too much - the sweet vapes have a 6ml for $3.98 so I can order different flavors, mg, and pv/vg and see what I like without breaking the bank.

I think I would like to have same throat hit as vapor - won't know till I try it

The numbers you are referring to are the ohms not the size. I dont want to confuse you with what exactly that means so I'll just say that the lower the number the hotter it burns and creates more vapor. :)

I did throw you a link in PM, JQ.. You might find that useful.

As far as ohms go, unless you get VV right off the bat (like a Twist, for example), you likely want several different ohm-attys with which to experiment. (Each will 'taste' different).

Either a Thor/Vision Clearomizer kit with 3 different atties, or perhaps a Vivi Nova (again, a set of atties). I've not seen a Mini-Nova "kit" with a variety of atty, so the prior two remain my suggestion - and the Nova holds a nice 3ml.

Under 2ohm is LOW (LR), meaning higher current-flow and Hotter;

Under 3ohm is STANDARD (SR), and the variations are about 1/2 ohm either way - less current, cooler;

3 and above is HIGH (HR), and you run less current and much cooler coils and vape.

With something like an eGo stick, LR tastes better to me - YMMV. With the Twist and other VV, SR works Jus'Fine™, because you can control the voltage and current external to the coil. With my Puck, I tend to coil atty somwhere between SR and HR and just deal with the variations.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Poppa

I like KISS: "It's a flashlight - fake it!"

Seriously, the mention of the atties and resistance really is something that saves money, time and drustration early on.

(and, the url I threw JQ covers basics)