And Now A Question About Drip Shields And How They Fit...

Tam

Just got two drip shields in the mail today. I put one on the eGO 650 pass through. Is it supposed to sit on top of the threads so the threads show? That's a far down as it goes so I was wondering. Somehow I thought it was supposed to screw on?

The drip tips I have seem to go inside the top of the drip shield so they sit fairly low. Is that supposed to happen or should it sit more flush on the top like a tip does on the bare attomizer?

So many questions come with new toys... :)

i'm not going to be a huge help since i don't ever use mine with ego's but first question is did you order ego specific drip shields?

aside from that, can you gauge where the bottom oring of the drip shield is sitting? it should be below the threads of the atomizer. if not it's not on properly and will not work properly as such.

example, i have to use a 510-510 sealed adapter to make a drip shield work with my 510 atty on my Provari. most other devices are like that. it gives the clearance that a drip shield needs to work on a standard atty/device.

i'm not going to be a huge help since i don't ever use mine with ego's but first question is did you order ego specific drip shields?

You're more help than you realized. Argh! No. Seems I bought a drip shield for a 901. No wonder it doesn't fit right. :wallbash:

Okay, I need to go look for eGo specific drip shields then. Know anyone who needs 901 drip shields? I have one in silver and one in purple:

901 Drip Shield

787.jpg

Drip shields for 901 atomizers. Also compatible with a 510 atomizer, with the use of a 510 extender.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=124

Care to recommend a good place to get drip shields? Um... preferably ones that will fit an eGo battery. :crybaby:

that being said you may still need some type of adaptor to make the drip shield's bottom o ring go under the threads of the atomizer, i'm not sure cuz like i said i don't use ego's. but yeah that's the drip shield you want. and that's my fault, i should have linked that for you in your last thread. there's so many accessories for ecigs! lol

not your fault, like i said i should have recommended that when i first recommended a drip shield to you. i apologize.

Hey, no apologies necessary. After all this time and all the stuff I've bought for e-cigs, this was my first real goof. I figure I'm way ahead of the game. Went over and bought the two different kinds of shield that are exclusively for eGO batteries.

I really appreciate all your advice so far!

happy to help, once you get a drip shield you'll be hooked. i only drip anymore and i used to be straight up carto's. i just can't stand anything else anymore and like i said i used to love my carto's/tanks. dripping with a drip shield is just where it's at imho.

Too late. I'm already well and truly hooked on dripping. There's just no comparison in flavor and TH. About the only time I use my clearomizers now is when I'm driving. The only bad thing about dripping is that I find I tend to chain vape and then get dizzy from too much nicotine. Instead of just stopping for a while I switch to lower or 0 nic and keep going.

Between you and Kitsune I think you've created a dripping monster! :laughing:

If you've become a dripping monster, you might like a 306DCA from GoodSenseVapor. I never dripped b/c it was always too much of a hassle but the 306dca makes it easy and i'm really liking it. It's basically a sealed leak-free cup that you screw a 306 attomizer into, and comes with a wide mouth drip tip that you drip straight into. It's nearly impossible to overdrip, won't leak, and you don't have to remove the drip tip to drip. Only downside is they only release their products in waves, so you gotta keep an eye on their blog to see when the next release is coming out and grab 'em quick. Their prices aren't on there when they don't have products, but i think the cup (made of 2 parts, bottom and upper), a drip tip, adn 2 atty's ran me like $45.

Then again, if you love your 510 and drip sheild, disregard and enjoy :)

no, 306 and 510 are actually the same threading. the same way an ego shares the same threading as a 510 it just has a recessed connection.

i really love the look of those it's just a bummer that they're always sold out

For now I think I'll keep working with what I have but keep these in mind and check the website periodically to see if they're in stock. Since I'm off to sunny California next week I probably should hold off on any more e-cig toys until after I get back. :)

If I'm not mistaken a 901 drip shield will work for any 901/510...and a 306 if you use an adapter and xl delrin drip tip. I have a couple from empire and they work with both...as far as covering the ego's threads I would just use one of the slim covers that a lot of ppl use with their tanks. Just a thought. All of the 901/510/801(cartos), etc are all the same diameter which should be the only reason one shield wouldn't work.

Edited by mse12

no, 306 and 510 are actually the same threading. the same way an ego shares the same threading as a 510 it just has a recessed connection.

i really love the look of those it's just a bummer that they're always sold out

Yeah, i gave up on getting one for months but then i finally caught them when they were in stock. It made me cranky at first but now that i have one, i must say it was well worth the wait. I've tried a few dripping setups and nothing has satisfied like this. If you sign up for the email updates and hit the site within 48 hours of getting the email notification, chances are they won't be out yet.

If you sign up for the email updates and hit the site within 48 hours of getting the email notification, chances are they won't be out yet.

Dan, you so NOT HELPING with my resolve not to buy anything more until after my trip to California next week! :evil:

So... my drip shields from Empire Mods got here today and the silver one works great! I haven't tried the purple one yet, though. With the universal drip tip extender on the Boge 510 LR 2.0 ohm atomizer... it ROCKS! Man, but I love Empire Mods. They really know how to show their appreciation for their customers. Every order comes with a new free toy. I got another interesting drip tip with this current order. :)

yeah, empiremods is awesome

After having gone through a not so great experience with a vendor, Empire Mods' style of doing business is very much appreciated. I really should make a post on the Positive Vendors' area soon-ish. :)

lol enjoy the drip shield tameiki and if you feel like trying out the 306dca one day it'll be there :)

yeroc, it works perfectly on my ego's and vv gripper, and makes my ego's look pretty badass.

It does work on my lavatube, but i've had some connection problems w/ the lavatube, and sometimes it won't fire it. I think it's more of a LT problem than a 306 dca problem.

I'll probably cave one day soon and get a 306dca. *sighs* I'm a terrible dripper. No matter my best intentions I just get so happy and wind up over-dripping every time so this shield seems custom made for someone like me. :P