Side Effects Of Vaping

Kavo

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced some of the wierd side effects I've experienced with Vaping, especially when I have Vaped a lot........ or if it's just me!

I was a 2 pack a day analog smoker and never had these.....

1.Heart Palpitations

2. Colors become brighter, like the world becomes HD!!!

3. A weird numbness where, when you touch your leg or face for example, sensations are muted, and I can't quite make out if the change has happened in my hand or the body part, or in both, or just in my brain which is interpreting sensation differently.

I have weaned myself down to only 5mg nic, but could vape 5-10ml of juice per day.

I'm not in the medical profession, but I may be able to venture a guess. My guess is that having smoked 2 packs a day, there may have been symptoms such smoking had masked... numbness, for instance. I know that when I quit smoking and switched to analogs, I began feeling sensations in my fingers and the like that I had not experienced before.. a certain extra sensitivity (perhaps due to the lack of carbon monoxide, fomaldihyde, or some similar chemical found in analogs). If you feel numbness or tingling of any kind which you had not previously noticed, I would advise that you have your fasting blood glucose tested. It may be that you are exhibiting symptoms of pre-diabetes or diabetes. (Perhaps, kitsune would have better knowledge of this). As for seeing in HD, remember, you have deprived your body of much of it's required oxygen for a long time... again, I'm just guessing, but this may be attributed to that, as well.

Hope this helps.

When did you start vaping? and when did you quit smoking?

quitting smoking can cause a wide variety of symptoms, including the ones you describe. It kinda sounds like some of the symptoms of nicotine toxicity...but if you were a 2 pack a day, even at 10ml of 5mg/day the actual nicotine intake isn't more than you smoked. still doesn't mean you aren't reacting to the nicotine.

could possibly be a reaction to the flavoring in the liquids you are using....

The symptom that worries me is the palpitations.....Not something to ignore. It really might be time for a check up.

When I get my blood tests done If I vape before hand my triglycerides are up higher than normal.If I don't vape they are normal.I did a little research and the body processes VG and PG by converting them to sugar.So it is possible your blood sugar levels are causing some of the symptoms.

Thank you all for your replys. Yeah, I guess the purpose of the post was to establish whether something other than vaping is going on with the symptoms. I have had tests on the palpitations and nothing showed up. May have to look into it again. Halving nic. strength has improved this symptom considerably. The triglycerides and diabetes theories are definately worth looking into.....

Off Analogs and wholy vaping 3 months.

Edited by Kavo

At least congrats on not smoking !!!!

Funny enough....sometimes stopping smoking allows symptoms to surface. At least the palpitations were checked out. The human body is beyond complicated....sometimes its amazing it runs at all.

Good Luck

Thanks Kitsune!

Back in my wild youth I experimented with Meow meow, or mephredone, before it was outlawed. Colours and muted sensations are reminescent of what I and others, experienced with that stimulant. I wondered if it was a stimulant thing, nicotine being a stimulant, and if others had experienced it.

I went to bed one night and my heart was racing pretty fast but then I realized that I had just spent the last 1/2 hour vaping with 20mg. I contributed it to that because I wouldn't ever chain smoke for 30 minutes at a time. One thing that I've noticed is that I am VERY tired since cutting way down on the analogs. Not a sleepy tired but an all out exhausted feeling. I hope that goes away soon.

I also am not a water drinker and didn't realize just how much vaping must suck the water out of you because I woke up Friday with the most severe cramps. I don't know if it is maybe a reaction to the juice or because I am so dehydrated but drinking water and eating a bit more fiber seems to be making it better. Even now though 2 days later I'm still in some pain. I am also hoping that this goes away soon too!