A Question For Vivi Nova Users.

Viper Ron

What is the first signs a new atty head is needed?

Low vapor production?

Tastes is starting to fade?

Or do I just use the thing till it dies?

It's about 4 weeks old so I'm guessing it might be toast but it's still working somewhat?

I've never bought a replacement atty and the performance seems fine to me. I keep waiting on the coil to pop before I replace it, but it just won't die. I'll probably buy a new one soon just to see if it can somehow get any better than it is now.

I did a when I first got it back on June 15th of this year, and I'm still using the original 1.8Ω atty. Granted, I don't use it on a regular basis because it's a little bulky and top-heavy for my eGo-style batteries, but I've run a lot of juice through it and can't tell any difference in performance. I do clean the atty with really hot (scalding, actually) running water and then soak it in PGA from time to time, though.

When I finally break down and buy a Provari, it'll most likely be my main delivery device.

I haven't used the Vivi but the Vision Ego clearomisers seem to keep going and going.The flavor and vapor did seem to diminish a little at 6 weeks so I went ahead and switched off.I couldn't bring myself to throw them away though since they still work as good as a 3 day old carto.I just cleaned them and put them in my arsenal.They seem to have created a self cleaning coil because after a few weeks you can see the funky liquid as the fresh liquid floats on top of it for a while when topping off.

Well as it turns out the 1.8 ohm atty head is working like a charm again? Guess it might have been gunked up a bit but I vaped thought it and it is producing once again :cheers:

You know, when you think about it, the "making things happen" part is just a coil of wire...if it gunks up, the coating acts as an insulator and blocks the juice from some of the heat, as well as blocking some airflow. With continued use, one of two things will happen; the crud will burn off or disintegrate, or the coil will pop. As long as the coil still gets hot, you've still got a working atty tank. 4 volts (9 watts) with a 80/20 PG/VG usually disintegrates the crud nicely for me. :yes

Edited by Rixter

I purchased a Nova Saturday at the recommendation of a local vendor. Been using the same atty since then without giving it much thought as I primarily use my Liquinator tank. Figured I'd get around eventually to figuring out exactly what I brought.

This post turned a light on for me. When I dripped I used an HH.357 atty from Avid Vaper. I routinely cleaned that atty by allowing it to sit 1/2 hour in 190 proof grain alcohol. Cleans all the gunk out. Don't know why these Nova attys can't be cleaned the same way.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be one of the few that don't like the Viva Nova. I love my taste best of all and the Viva mutes taste too much for me.

I can't say I don't like it. More like I don't know if I like it 'cause I haven't used it enough to form an opinion.

Made an effort last week to see how it performs with one of the other atomizers. Attempted to switch attys and discovered it was a bit more involved than simply popping one off and another one on.

I lost interest.

I don't want to rebuild stuff. I have to keep reminding my wife that I'm not a mechanic OR a carpenter.

I'm not a tinkerer.

I don't want to fix or rebuild stuff.

I just want it to work.