Looking To Upgrade. Needs Some Suggestions Based On My Criteria..

Hey guys. I started vaping a couple of years ago but ended up going back to real cigarettes. After a recent doctor visit and being diagnosed with Adult Asthma (plus lots of other health problems), I really want to quit smoking. So I found the old Joye 510 that I purchased a couple of years ago and am now remembering why I stopped using it in the first place. I hate having to constantly charge batteries and fill it with drops of liquid. I see that theres a ton of new ones available but I'm somewhat "out of the loop" and having trouble figuring out which one I should try next. So I was hoping that you guys could help.

This is what I'm looking for in a new ecig (or whatever its being called nowadays):

1) Long battery life (I don't care if its larger than a regular cigarette).

2) Some kind of built in tank that holds juice? I think I read about this somewhere?

3) Something that gives a good hit.

Basically what I'm wanting is something thats very low maintenance that I can charge/fill before work and it will last most or all day long without having to carry around extra batteries and juice. Does this even exist?

I read about all of these different parts (tanks, batteries, atomizers, etc) that seem to be popular but I'm having trouble understanding exactly which parts to buy.. as in which ones are compatible with eachother. Do they make a kit that comes with what I'm looking for? I just watched a video review of the "surge tank" which appears to be pretty neat. Any opinions on it?

{edit} One more thing.. When I first purchased my old 510, I remember mixing something with the juice to get more smoke.. Glycerin or something. I can't remember. Is this still being done, or are there better juices available which don't need to be mixed?

Thanks!

Edited by Rattlehead

Awesome!. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm off to read about them now and hopefully find a good deal on them. Quick question.. Are these available in kit form from anyone, or is it two different companies? Sorry for all the questions.. Like I said, I've been out of the loop for a while.

i highly recomend the ego c twist. with a smoktech dual coil cartomizer tank. unfourtnatley ive not found a kit that comes with it. the ego c twist has 510 threads and can accept everything that has a 510 thread... my ego twist (1000mah) lasts me about a day and a half. and i vape the hell outta it. i also like the kgo. its 1100mah and lasts just a tad longer. there are other mods that have crazy long batt life but also cost an arm and a leg like the provari and lavatube. but i think youd be very happy with the ego twist

Some of the Vision V2s are 1.8 to 2.0 ohm and others are 2.1 to 2.4 ohm. Does it matter which ones I get? I'm not sure what that even means.

The eGo C twist battery is also available in 3 different sizes. I guess 1000mah would be the best choice for me.

i highly recomend the ego c twist. with a smoktech dual coil cartomizer tank. unfourtnatley ive not found a kit that comes with it. the ego c twist has 510 threads and can accept everything that has a 510 thread... my ego twist (1000mah) lasts me about a day and a half. and i vape the hell outta it. i also like the kgo. its 1100mah and lasts just a tad longer. there are other mods that have crazy long batt life but also cost an arm and a leg like the provari and lavatube. but i think youd be very happy with the ego twist

Thank you. I will check the smoktech dual coil cartomizer out as well.

Edited by Rattlehead

the higher the mah the longer it will last, so yes get the 1000mah, and the good thing with the twist your not limited to one voltage so you can get a higher ohm carto. the only diff you would notice would be the heat of the vapor. higher ohm generally dont get as hot. but either of those ohms would be nice. i currently have a 1.6ohm carto at 4volts and im loving it. i also think that if you have 100%vg like bobas bounty it vapes a tad better at the higher voltage.

if u allready have an ego charger your set. i had to get an ego charger cuz i started out with a kgo and the chargers are a tad diff. being ego is a regulated batt and kgo being unregulated. meaning the ego when fully charged will fire about 3.7v from first hit to the last, the kgo will fire at about 4.2v fully charged and slowly fall in volts to when it dies it will be close to 3.2 ish...

Thanks again. One last question before I order. Do I need a seperate charger for the eGo C Twist, or will my old Joye 510 charger charge it?

Your old 510 charger will not work. You'll need to purchase a new charger for the eGo. :)

Thanks so much guys. I'm going to purchase the following items:

2 eGo-C Twist batteries

1 Vision V2 cleaoromizer

1 Smoktech Dual Coil 3.5l

1 eGo passthrough

1 eGo Charger

and maybe some more juice. I still have some of the old juice but I mixed all of it with glycerin (50/50).. Do people still mix it for better vapor or are todays juices better left as-is?

Thanks again for all the help!

Edited by Rattlehead

imho ive tried 100%pg and 100%vg and really saw no difference... either im doin it wrong or what. but yea people are mixin still. me personally i just mix flavors, mainly tobacco and vanilla and/or chocolate... but looks like u got som good stuff comin! enjoy!

Thanks so much guys. I'm going to purchase the following items:

2 eGo-C Twist batteries

1 Vision V2 cleaoromizer

1 Smoktech Dual Coil 3.5l

1 eGo passthrough

1 eGo Charger

and maybe some more juice. I still have some of the old juice but I mixed all of it with glycerin (50/50).. Do people still mix it for better vapor or are todays juices better left as-is?

Thanks again for all the help!

After you try out the V2's and the DC's and decide which one you prefer I recommend you buy some more because you never know when it might break on ya. You always should have a couple of back ups. :)

Jeff i was skeptical of the V2 Clearomizers at first but now i absolutely love them. Maybe took a bit to break them in? I'm slowly using them more and more, probably will only use them soon... and right after i bought a 25 carto deal too LOL.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely get some backups once I figure out which I like bist. Since I won't be buying a carton of cigarettes every week, I should be able to afford lots of vaping goodies. :)

I just placed the order and ended up adding a couple of other things to the list. Specifically the ViVi Nova Tank Clearomizer V2. Figured I'd give it a try as well.

The following items are on the way!

Joye eGo-C Twist - 1000mAh x2

Vision V2 - 1.8-2.0 ohm-Clear

Smoktech Colored 510 DCT 3.5ml - Clear

Joye eGo-C Pass-Thru - Joye eGo-C 1000mah Passthru - Stainless

Joye eGo USB Mega Charger wCable

Joye-Tech Mini Flat AC-USB Adaptor - Black

E Juice Injectors - 10ml 20 gauge needle

E Juice USA Mix 30ml-18mg

E Juice - USA mix 26mg

Joyetech Pouch

Joye eGo Medium Cases - Black

ViVi Nova Tank Clearomizer V2

Thanks for all the help!

Everything showed up yesterday and I've had a chance to try it all out. Its 10 times better than the little 510 that I was using. One charge and one fill up of juice lasts all day! Plus it gives me a consistant hit every time, which is something the 510 did not do. I love it!

As far as the Vision V2 vs Smoktech 510 vs ViVi Nova V2 goes, the Vision V2 is by far my favorite. It gives me the best hit and taste. Plus its the same size as the battery so it looks like it was made for the eGo. I'll be ordering more of those for sure.

Thanks again to everyone here for all the great advice! :cheers: I haven't had an analog since last Thursday and I don't even want one. I'm officially DONE with cigarettes. I showed the new vaping setup to my Doctor today and she says its great. She actually recommends switching to ecigs to all of her smoking patients.

Next I'm going to start experimenting with different juices to see which ones I like best. Right now I'm vaping a 50/50 blend of 24mg USA mix and Glycerin USP, which I really like.. But I want to try all of the other flavors too.

Edited by Rattlehead

awesome! way to go :thumbsup: i was the same way, i decided to stop analogs and from the first time i did i never looked back or even wanted another! one juice i would recommend (as well as just about everybody on this fourm would to) is bobas bounty, and gorilla juice from avejuice. keep it up and happy vaping!