Kgo Troubles

Anyone notice the quality of the kgo batteries have declined? I've ordered 4 kgo kits thusfar for myself and various friends and, invariably, one just peters out, burns up, or just simply fails. The first kit, the ones with the gold rim, worked great... but, recently, the last 3 I ordered, well.. see above.

Anyone else have this problem?

Seems like a lot of devices are falling victims to thier success.Once the orders get to a point they have to farm out the manufacture.I have looked at some of the Chinese manufacturers websites and it is crazy ,you think you are buying a product from one company but it is being manufactured at what would seem to be a competitors facility.There is not as much difference between the major brands as we have ourselves convinced there is.The only difference seems to be the amount of quality control the firm which puts thier name on the finished product is willing to pay for.

I've only purchased the one single KGO battery so far. I musta got a good one. About to buy a double kit or a couple of singles. Not looking forward to getting defective ones. I am a little surprised to hear the QC is down on these. I use my KGO all the times except for when its on the charger. Then I use my eGo 650 mAh plugged into my USB port. Are you getting your KGO's from Hoosier? That's where I purchased my chrome single battery. Planning to get additional ones from them too. Hope they are all good quality. Not so sure now.

I've only purchased the one single KGO battery so far. I musta got a good one. About to buy a double kit or a couple of singles. Not looking forward to getting defective ones. I am a little surprised to hear the QC is down on these. I use my KGO all the times except for when its on the charger. Then I use my eGo 650 mAh plugged into my USB port. Are you getting your KGO's from Hoosier? That's where I purchased my chrome single battery. Planning to get additional ones from them too. Hope they are all good quality. Not so sure now.

@JayH... Don't. I've purchased 4 sets from them.. that's 8 kgo batteries. Some were gifts. Of all of those batteries, there are only 4 that are still alive. That's half. Half.

@mquinn... Yes. That's what I thought. These kgos are most assuredly made by... someone else. The feel is different, the weight.. the quality. I hope the same has not happened with the ego.

I only buy eGo's and have bought them from different vendors (discounts, coupons, etc.) I have not gotten one bad one yet and I have at least 11 different batts for me and my wife. Don't get me wrong I'm not downing Kgo just telling my experience :cheers:

Oh and even the 510 slims I bought are still kicking....lol

Yes. My ego is still doing great. That will be my next purchase.. an ego kit from here... what I should have done in the first place. Ha.

i got my kgo kit from vapor rising at a flea market. and havent had the first problem. they has the gold rims so im guessing that was a better model. i havent seen really anywhere else that sells them. or else im not looking hard enough lol. and i really hope they dont break down on me cuz im a vaper on a budget!

i got my kgo kit from vapor rising at a flea market. and havent had the first problem. they has the gold rims so im guessing that was a better model. i havent seen really anywhere else that sells them. or else im not looking hard enough lol. and i really hope they dont break down on me cuz im a vaper on a budget!

The gold-rimmed ones seem to last. All in all, it's a good product for the price. They sell them for about $42 online. How much did they charge at the flea market. http://www.nwvapors.com and http://www.hoosierecigsupply.com and quite a few others sell them. I'm hoping I just got a bad batch.. or a bad few batches. Ha.

Edited by Breal

i'm guessing that's the case breal, it's unfortunate that there has been a lack of qc with the kGo as of recently because really for quite some time they were a very good product. and i think they will continue to be so, but like all things vaping have probably just run in to a rash of bad qc. it happens to pretty much every product out there.

hopefully, the manufacturer's will get this problem corrected, and i would encourage everyone who's having issues with theirs to contact their vendor about the issue so they can let the manufacturer know, otherwise the problem will never be corrected.

Yeah, I did contact the supplier and they want me to send the bad ones back. I tend to use my kgos and ego more than my mod. So, my mod has become my backup, in essence. Still, my next purchase is going to be an ego kit of some sort, at least until they get this kgo thing sorted.

@kgoalltheway.. gotta love the name.

@kgoalltheway.. gotta love the name.

lol thanks! i started out with withe cloud when i didnt know any better and boy did i get screwed. i mean it did what i needed it to do (to stop smoking!). but $171 and some change for the cheapest started kit and then $21 for the refills (that i was goin thru at a mad clip) and id have to charge both of them twice a day! sooo glad i got my kgo! i belive it was roughly $45 for my kit. i know the total was $58ish but i also got some juice as well. and i havent turned back. been eyeballin that ego-twist. gonna see if they have a deal for it at vapestock comin up first weekend in june. but if that dont work out def wanna get another kgo batt

lol thanks! i started out with withe cloud when i didnt know any better and boy did i get screwed. i mean it did what i needed it to do (to stop smoking!). but $171 and some change for the cheapest started kit and then $21 for the refills (that i was goin thru at a mad clip) and id have to charge both of them twice a day! sooo glad i got my kgo! i belive it was roughly $45 for my kit. i know the total was $58ish but i also got some juice as well. and i havent turned back. been eyeballin that ego-twist. gonna see if they have a deal for it at vapestock comin up first weekend in june. but if that dont work out def wanna get another kgo batt

Ha. I've been that road before, as well. I started with Stog, a little $88 kit that just simply did not meet my needs--at all. Then I went to the Ultimate V2 kit, which was slightly better ($160). It was replete with carto problems, and I really messed up on the nic choices (6 and 12 mg). As a pack a day smoker, nothing like that was going to cut it for me. So, I did some serious research and bought myself a provari for Christmas and joined the e-liquid search for my 'all-day vape'. I didn't feel comfortable taking out my provari in public, so I joined the ego and kgo club. Three months into my vaping experience, I found an e-liquid I could vape all-day; four months in, I found something else... Now, 5 months in, I'm thinking about it again.

In the end, I'm glad you found something that works for you. It's an amazing accomplishment to quit smoking! Remember to have a lot of backups just in case something fails.. extra chargers, extra batteries.