Thinking About Making The Change From V2 To An Ego. Need Advice.

Well, I liked vapeing from the v2 stick. So I ordered the fluxomizers and juice and went to town. The problem I ran into, with the v2 being an in regulated battery, is that once I lost some voltage the fluxo's didn't heat the juice fast enough and I would end up with a mouth full of juice. So in search for advice I've seen the ego c and ego twist. My biggest issue with these is the size, but I like the idea of getting these and a dual coil to get a nice throat hit. What is everyone's take on jumping up to the bigger size batteries? How does it come across in public? How is it carrying them around? From what I've seen it's about the size of a sharpy with everything attached (650 ego c) and maybe a little bigger for the twist.

I like the size and shape of the eGo battery very much especially when fitted with a C tank or Vision clearomizer. They fit in a pocket and don't usually without activating by accident, they have a 5 click shutoff option that I don't even use. I've been using 900 and 1000 mah batteries and for some reason I prefer the longer ones not only because the last longer. I don't feel funny about using it in public but I might feel a little funny about other tube mods that look like screwdrivers.

I find that LR attys, cartos or clearomisers work the best and produce the most vapor and TH with any standard Joyetech battery no matter what size(mAh). And what you get in the begining off the charger is what you'll get all day long. I will always get regulated batteries for this reason.

BTW, Welcome to Vapor Talk, Dac

Edited by Mike

Well I'm ordering some v2 carts. Some prefilled and some blank. I have to give it some time before I order more batts. Have to justify the usage of the v2 batts and get some life out of them before I go dive deeper. But thanks for the advise and I will move to the egos in about 3 months.

if you're going to try sticking with the stick stylebatts can I recommend trying out some v4l batts? Fully usable with ur current chargers/cartos but much better performance. And cheaper to boot.

Well the battery setup is where the big money would be spent. I'll give it about 3 months, get myself better informed and up to date and more comfortable vapeing in general. Then I'll start looking at what I'm going to buy next. I've also seen the vapor smith kr808's and they "seem" like a better battery as well. Gen 2, etc. thanks for the advice though. The wife has just nixed the idea if spending another 60-70 bucks on a new battery set up, so I'll deal with what I've got.

fully understandable. if a gen2 is what your'e looking for look in to the elitevaporworks.com setup, they have free shipping, and super low prices. imo they're the best setup for gen2 stuff.

you could build your own kit for under $30 with free shipping.

You can get into an ego battery and dual coil carto for way under $60...just saying. I've seen 650mah batteries as low as $9 on sale. The dual coil cartos are cheap too.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

I wouldn't worry about the size or drawing attention in public after all it is a good thing. If you have a chance to talk to people about vaping and explain that it is not only harmless but has helped you quit cigarettes which is harmful most people say cool and either want to no more or just walk away. Anything that can separate us from smokers and put us in a good light is great for desensitizing the public. I think the big mods and big battery devices are cool and make a statement that you are not going to be a pawn of big tobacco!

Well, that is why I make sure I never order the white batts with a red led. I'm thinking about the vgo style batts now. I really want to keep the 808 threading as I'm still a big fan of v2's flavors. Vanilla and Sahara being my favorites.

there's an 808 threaded eGo here:

http://www.smoktek.com/808-eGo-battery-650-900mAh--manual_p_162.html

there's the echo which also used 808 threading here:

http://www.smoktek.com/Echo-1300mAh-auto-battery_p_77.html

and the go-go is also 808 threaded:

http://www.cigeasy.com/category_s/32.htm

and the elite is kind of a hybrid, in between a stick style batt and a fat batt like the eGo, found here:

http://www.cigeasy.com/category_s/2.htm

and then of course like you mentioned the vGo is also 808 threaded. so there's plenty of options out there for "fat batt" 808 threaded devices.

Those are not made by joyetech and I don't know which are regulated. This doesn't mean that they aren't any good. They probably produce about 4 volts off the charger and stay about 3.7 for a while and a when they drop to a certain voltage they will blink and it's time to recharge. Some of those batteries may be regulated and deliver a constant 3.2, 3.6 or 3.7 volts.

Smokeless image has a regulated 3.6 battery with free charging/passthrough cable. 3 different size fat batteries with 808 threading.

http://smokelessimage.com/accessories/x2-volt-battery.html

the 808 threaded eGo is regulated. it is not Joyetech but it's gotten really good reviews. i would buy it in a heartbeat if i weren't looking for something different.

and my mistake, after some more research on the Go-Go i don't believe they're 808 threaded, but they do get good reviews. but do not go with it if your'e looking to use 808 stuff because i believe it's got proprietary threading