New And Need A Little Avice On My Next Purchase

Dottymay

Hello All,

I’m new to this vaping but happy to say Im going on 3 weeks of no smoking. I absolutely could not of done it with out vaping. I started with a blu from the drug store .It was ok not much vaper but I liked the drag. I moved up to a Volt starter kit .It has good vapor but I don’t like the drag and the sound of sucking in air. I need more drag. If that makes sense. Oh and the battery life is short. It does keep me off the cigarettes so I know I should be happy and I am but…I would like something with good vapor and a good drag….Is that possible? This is all at bet over whelming. Would love any advice. :hope:

Thanks,

Dottymay

you can move up to an ego or kgo kit, which is bigger than the cigarette style volts. The Volts (kr808 styl batteries) are the best stick style ecigarettes i think, i use em for my portables. I got their PCC to fix the battery life issue.

All ecigs have that sucking in air type deal, because its what you're doing basically , there has to be air holes for flow. If you want to upgrade for more battery life you can try the next step up, they are bigger batteries than the cigarette style volts though. Kgo runs at true 3.7v, you can get one of those at various places. If you want better hits and such you can try upgrading to a mod and try running at above 3.7v, (i think the volt is a 3.6v). Mods are much bigger though so it might depend on your preferences.

If you don't want upgrade to something bigger, you can always try using higher 70%+VG e-liquid in your cartomizers for your Volt, they will produce more vapor. You can also move to a low resistance cartomizer, I use the boge kr808 cartomizers. If you can't find them anywhere I buy my boge 808 cartomizers from sweet-vapes, they also have a nice eliquid selection where you can select you VG%.

ps: oh yeah, and to try to get rid of the "airy" hits, try covering some of the air holes with your fingers when you inhale :laughing:

Edited by twelveday

you may want to look in to a simple eGo or kGo kit, both can be had in 1000mah and up batteries. your current volt batteries are 220mah if they're the shorties or 320mah if they're the bit longer ones. so you can see how much more battery life you'd get out of one. about 3 or 4x as much depending on what battery your'e using now.

either that or you could look at any number of other "fat batts". smokelessimage sells a nice one called the x2 or v2 or something. they can be either manual or automatic. and since they're 808 threaded you could continue to use your current carto's. they're a bit pricey but you can find some promo codes around.

twelveday beat me to it lol. he brings up a lot of good points, like the vg for more vapor.

as far as the "sucking air" type hit, how are you hitting your ecig? it's different than you would on a ciggy. on a pv, you want a slow, soft drag, don't suck on it like a vacuum. lol

Edited by blucavvy

Welcome to Vapor Talk Dottymay. You will get used to dragging on an ecig in no time. Some types have an easy draw some do not but mostly you should be doing the same thing. Take a slower, easier draw and for longer than you did with traditional cigarettes and you'll get better results. I use a Volt and I get plenty of vapor. The eliquid that it's filled with has a little to do with it also but that's another story. eGo type batteries are great for long battery life and there are many options to set it up the way you want. You can put a carto on it or tank clearomiser or a atty with a cartridge or drip tip. Any questions, just ask.

The least "airy" drag I've come across is on my ego-c (tornado-c from totally wicked) but same none the less. That has IMO a stiff draw. On the other hand I've got a 306 dripping atty that sounds and feels like I'm sucking air from a 3" PVC pipe lol, not stiff by any means. Both give a great vape for me but night and day difference. I would assume the next natural step in vaping would be something along the lines of an ego. You could always bypass that and move straight into the mods arena but you'll need to do your research (i'm still researching) and go from there. This thing we call vaping has unlimited possibilities and combinations so be prepared to have a LOT of trail and error. At least that has been my experience and still is for that matter.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

p.s. I started with blucigs back in 2010 and went back to analogs for over a year before I truly started my smoke free life. Stick with it and do not get discouraged to the point of going back. You will find something that works, it may not be 100% but it will work well enough to keep at it and enjoy it. For me that is direct dripping. It works well enough while I am still looking for MY perfect combination. :thumbup:

Edited by mse12

Many of us have been in your shoes Dotty. As others have suggested, i'd reccomend and ego or kgo kit, but I prefer a carto setup as opposed to the tank systems most of them come with, so really all you'd need is a couple batteries if you don't want to pickup the whole kit.

As for the draw, are you looking for a looser or tighter draw? If you looking for a loose airy draw, i'd go w/ boge low resistance cartomizers. If you're looking for a tighter, less airy draw, i'd go with some smoktech dual coil low resistance (1.5 ohms) cartomizers. Both perform real well. Pick up some cartos, 2 batteries, and some juice and you're all set.

If you like dripping add a 306 low resistance atty or two.

Welcome! I recommend starting off with something like an Ego Kit or something called the Bolt or E-Power-they are all 510 mods-and they take good sized batteries. These are of more quality and they are really affordable too. Remember, there is always some trial and error when choosing which personal vaporizer will be right for you, hang in there-it is totally worth it as I'm sure you know.