What Tube Mod Would You Recommend?

I'm in the market for a tube mod. I'm looking to stay within $100 for everything including the mod itself, batteries, charger, and shipping. I have found a lavatube kit for $55 which includes the unit, (2) 2200mah 18650's, charger, (2) stand res atomizers. There's also of course the bolt by smoktech. I can get the unit for $46 with the 18650 extension sleeve. This comes with one 18490 battery, no charger. I want something but without breaking my $100 budget. I know there are many other options if I were to go to $150 but I need to stay at or under $100 out the door. Any ideas would be great! I'll be checking this thread throughout today and will probably make an order this evening. Let me know what you have or what your thoughts are on the lavatube or bolt. I'm open to any tube style mods. Thanks in advance.

-mse12

The lavatube would not be a bad option. I mainly vape LR so the LT would be seemingly pointless for that but it should still perform as well as other 3.7v tube mods if I'm not mistaken. It will still run on 18650's and I would have the option to vape at higher volts with SR equipment. I'm leaning towards this for sure. If you know of anything that might be better suited let me know. I'm mainly looking for battery life. I'm a semi-heavy vaper. I also need to be able to put this in a pocket and go. I work in a factory setting and I'm tired of carrying around 2 ego batteries to make it through my shift (12.5 hr). I just want a solid vape. I'm not looking for a provari or darwin. Although I would LOVE to get the kick when it's available...who knows when that'll be. I know the kick wouldn't work with the LT...hmm...I don't really know what I want vs what I need. I could buy a provari right now but I really don't think it'd be worth the extra $$ for what you get. I just need opinions. I may hold off on ordering for a day or two just to get a better idea.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

...I should have said I could order a provari right now...BUT I want to vape and continue speaking to my wife...lol :hope: money isn't my issue for the amount but for the repercussions of spending it. Just throwing that out there...

My LT is a clone and I'm fairly new to vaping.Going on 4 months now and still learning.I make it through the day on one battery and I vape on the heavy side.I also have a 1100mah Kgo that has worked great as well.I use a tank on my LT most of the time and sometimes the size gets to be a hassle and I switch to my KGO.I went with the LT because it was a start into variable volts without the high cost.Being so new to vaping and the way new products keep coming out, I figured I could always upgrade later.

I was gona say Lavatube mod for 55$ with everythign included doesnt really sound like the genuine lavatube, might be just some knockoff clone. There are a bunch of mods out there that look like the lavatube but are very poorly made, I think PBusardo did a recent review on a lavatube clone that was around that price range with everything attached, and it blew complete *** and stopped working during his review lol

Edited by twelveday

Well, you are correct in assuming it is not "the lavatube". The unit I have my eyes on is the Torpedo by TW. I have done business with them on several occasions and I don't believe they sell complete junk. I may be completely wrong about this. The torpedo is originally $83 or so and they are having a major sell this week. The torpedo has fallen into that sale. I believe they are clearing inventory because they are bringing in a new model called the Odyssey. Perhaps the torpedo didn't take off quite like they expected but I've not found any negative information regarding it. Everyone I've heard or read from says it's just another lavatube, no frills, just works. They carry a 1 year warranty on the unit as well. Also to the silver bullet, unfortunately that comes in over the $100 mark. It would be close to $120 before shipping and if I'm going to spend $120+ why not just buy the Helix? There is quite a long list of options that would be "better" than this clone LT but I'm attempting to stay inside this $100 spending limit.

get the clone, especially if you've heard nothing but good things. there was a bunch of talk about how the clone's weren't as good as the original lt's but they're all manf.'d at the same place. it's the same unit.

i've heard just as many negative things about the original lt's as the clones. for $55 on an entire kit you can't beat it. i think there's a vendor on here, can't remember the name, nevada vapers or something? look them up in the supplier forum on here and they have the bolt at like $30 a piece if you wanna go that route you could easily piece together an entire kit for right around $50. otherwise get the lt kit wherever you can find it at it's cheapest.

well, i wasnt talking about clones in that sense lol, there are some lookalike lavatubes that are cheaply put together of two pieces of palstic instead of a solid tube, and the internals/switches kind of suck on them. Never heard of the torpedo though, but if the reviews are all good then id say go for it. I actually went for the silver bullet myself, it is pretty solid and clean looking for my taste, dropped it a couple times never chipped, I use the Nimh batteries when i want to vape at 5v, and the 18650s for 3.7v vaping, but VV is still nice. Still trying to get a kick for it though.

http://www.totallywi...it-product.html wow yeah they bottomed out the price on their kit. I say go for it, it looks like a great deal. I never liked TW cuz they brand the living crap out of everything they sell, but that torpedo doesnt look too bad

Edited by twelveday

I agree about the branding. They're a classic example of "our s#@* doesn't stink" my biggest complaint about them is their forum rules suck. I mentioned ccv on one of my posts and got my a#& reamed over it. I failed to notice that no brand other than TW can be mentioned anywhere within their forums. I wasn't promoting or knocking them in anyway but yet they felt the need to make a scene. Regardless, another story completely. I think their torpedo may fit the ticket for what i'm wanting and within the budget. The reviews that i've found are generally decent, no product will ever make everyone happy so I take it all with a grain of salt. I bought my ego-c after going off reviews of it being so great and i despise ever buying that. It got me off of analogs but at that point I had no idea what good vs bad was in the vaping world. It was golden for the first couple weeks and i've not touched it since. So all in all i'm definitely leaning towards this "torpedo". I'll hook it up to a tester to see how it performs when I get it. I'll deffinitely post back with those results. For $55 it should at the very least be a good 3.7v mod with the 2200 18650s it has.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

At that price I may have to get one too.

Speaking of other forums, I got banned from a large ecig forum over something really stupid, but that's another story.

yeah, alot of people have. that forum sucks. (sorry I can't quote from this comp)

I agree 100% about it sucking. Lotsa knowledgeable people, many, many members, most are very nice, but the admins are ***hol@s!!!!

I had the vtube from TW. And after it broke I got the tube from Apollo. Honestly, you're better off dropping the extra 50-100 and getting the provari. I probably would have come out about the same but saved myself some headache if I'd gone with the provari to begin with. Any of the vtubes are all Chinese factory made and rebranded... Not quality manufacturing.

The newest model, the 3.0 I believe, is available at ivape and looks a bit better. But it's still Chinese factory stuff.

Don't get me wrong; the vtube was decent and worked. But if you can spend the money, I'd just talk to the wife. Mine got the provari for me for our anniversary last week, and said she shoulda just gotten it for me for my birthday in march instead of the vtube kit. So. Might be worth discussing.

Well I have gone with the LT "clone". It is pretty much what I expected so far. I've only got LR atomizers at the moment, except for the two 3.0 ohm atty's that came with it, which I've not used yet. The quality is as good if not better than I expected for only $55. The battery life is pretty wild, two days has been the least I've gotten out of one of these 2250mah 18650's. I will probably use this as long as I can and then upgrade to just a basic, metal tube mod (minus the v.v.). I will probably get a mechanical mod next something that I will be able to use just an 18650 in. This was by all means an upgrade to a standard ego battery but is not the end of my tube mod purchases. For what came with the kit, the two batteries, the trustfire charger, the unit, the two atty's, and the metal drip tip I would say it was an easy $55 to spend. I don't know how much longer TW will carry this kit or if they even have any more left at this point but I would say it could be a decent option for a CHEAP price for anyone looking to get into their first mod or perhaps just their first V.V. mod. As far as putting it on a tester that may come later...I've got a multi-meter that has apparently bitten the dust so I don't know when I will replace that. I hope this thread may have helped or at least given some ideas to anyone who is in the same place I am/was. Overall I am happy with the purchase. Is it the best mod out there? Not by any means. Is it the best mod I could get for $55...probably so. Is it going to last? Who knows, hopefully I'll get a fair bit of use out of it but if not, have I really lost anything considering two batteries and a charger would typically cost around $35 by itself?

Also, on an unrelated topic. I've received two ego vision clearos....WIN, working excellent so far!

Happy Vaping,

-mse12