Calling All Kgo Users

so im thinking about purchasing a kgo battery to take on band shows with me as taking my box mod and tank is too much hassle as i do not have an efficient way of carrying it and even if i did loading and unloading all of our equipment would be easier without me having to find a place to sit it or dropping it. my question is does the kgo battery work with standard ego style chargers, i have one from cignot that i have been using every since i first started vaping but i read on the site that they're not compatible with joye tech brand chargers. i dont know why they wouldnt be as they have the same threading style. anybody use their kgo with their ego chargers or do i have to buy a charger as well?

I don't know why there would be a difference but since they say to use a kgo charger that's what you should use. It's too bad because I've heard of several of those chargers malfunctioning and having to be replaced. It's probably the weakest part of the kgo kit. As a comparison, I have one ego charger. The same and only one I've ever had and no problems for over a year now and I still use a battery that is almost that old also. A year from now we'll see how many original kgo parts have survived.

...but yes, kgo or ego batteries with what ever you screw on them are very convenient to put in your pocket and carry around with you. You're better of buying a starter kit and you"ll get 2 batteries, charger and some other extras at a very cheap price if you go for kgo.

Edited by Mike

I've only heard of one kgo charger going bad. On the flip side I've heard of lots and lots of ego problems. Batts and chargers. Not sure y joye is considered to be some superior product over its clones.

You heard of one, I've heard of 3 and how long have they been around? Ever since SLB started making 510 attys 2 years ago they still haven't got it right. IMO Joyetech IS superior.

I have several eGo chargers, 4 to be exact, and they all work with my KGO battery. The only eGo type chargers that have a problem with KGO batteries, are the Joye "Brand" chargers. (Actually made by Joye) I wasn't sure what the info meant on the Hoosier site so I talked with the owner. What I have found holds true with what he says. If you have a charger manufactured by Joye, you'll need a different eGo type charger to charge your KGO.

I have several eGo chargers, 4 to be exact, and they all work with my KGO battery. The only eGo type chargers that have a problem with KGO batteries, are the Joye "Brand" chargers. (Actually made by Joye) I wasn't sure what the info meant on the Hoosier site so I talked with the owner. What I have found holds true with what he says. If you have a charger manufactured by Joye, you'll need a different eGo type charger to charge your KGO.

Why do you think this is? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. It's all about business and trying to make you buy what they want you to buy without making things simple for everyone. This is another reason why I don't like clones.

a product that's been out for 2 years and you've only heard of 3 complaints? that doesnt sound bad to me lol. joye eGo's have been out for what? maybe twice as long? and i've heard of ALL kinds of eGo not working or whatever type threads.

i'm not trying to start a pissing match, just not sure why the kGo is looked at as being a worse product than the eGo when really, there are no facts to back this. the kGo has been out for awhile now so all this "we'll see how well they're holding up a year from now stuff" doesn't really make any sense. should we really need to get more than a year or two out of a $15 battery?

that's all i'm sayin.

There has been an explosion of kgo sales recently and the 3 charger problems caught my attention because they all happened within a very short time of each other. I still think there's something up with thier chargers and batteries to make them not friendly with Joyetech. This technology is probably the reason for the problems that are happening. I have 3 close friends who have been vaping kgo's for a couple of months now and have no problems at all except for those crappy slb attys. Joytech doesn't pay me to endorse thier product or to put down their competition but I've tried a lot of Chinese products and by far Joye is the best all around. It's no wonder why everybody else wants to copy an eGo.

I've had my Kgo for a couple of months now and use it mainly with ego vision clearomizers. It's great for running around town. I got mine in a kit and the charger that came with works great.

You really cant beat the price for what you get. A kit with 2 1000 mah batteries and a charger and cones and a couple of attys for what? $45 right? The batteries alone are worth that IMO. Now you have what it takes to try any compatible drip atty, carto, clearomiser or tank system that you choose. I don't hate kgo, I just like my ego better because it's like an old friend and I like the hard, clicky button better and the regulated battery even thought the kgo battery is not regulated and puts out slightly more voltage, I couldn't notice any difference. I actually have 4 close friends/family members who all have kgo's and so far so good. I would recommend this to anyone but just like any ecig kit you're gonna want to grab different attys and such that doesn't come with it.

Oops, my mistake. kgo's have 1100 mah batteries.

Edited by Mike