Naked Protesters

They are protesting the widening of hiway 101 in Richardson's Grove. The state wants to remove the beautiful old growth Redwoods, to widen the road, to allow big rigs to roll on through. It's the last stretch of hiway like this anywhere in Calif. We kinda like it, ya know, even though we still yell at tourists who stop in the middle of the road to take their pictures through their sunroofs while we're trying to get to work on time lol. It's a beautiful piece of Calif and rich in history as well.

I know, I hear ya, pictures speak louder than words.... and hopefull you all will be here asap to help us save the redwoods! Camera's welcome. :)

I used to drive along the mountains and through places like these here in california, its getting harder and harder to find some nice drives out there now unless you go for miles and miles away from the city. I hope they dont go through with this. The big rigs can kiss all those pasty tree hugger butt.

ROFL @ Jeff's post. (literally, I laughed at loud!)

TD, hopefully we'll win and those Double Trailer big rigs can keep to their Redding routes. Here's a Petition if anyone's interested in helping. (there are more, just do a search for Richardson's State Grove)

haha, our own naked protest, how fun!! The naked truth about eCigs and politics. Love it!

Oh cool! The fog rolled in! :::: off to protest::::

The regular Big Rigs that run up and down Calif are a necessity of life and we appreciate them... or should if we don't anyway. Sure, they slow us down, because of our mountainous terrain... there are some mighty steep climbs and windy hiways here. It's all we can do to pass them in the double lane before the double lane ends... because our little putputs are working hard too.

Those Humongous Double Trailer Super Long and Super Heavy Rigs would be atrocious! There'd be so many wrecks from people trying desperately to pass them before the road turns back to 2 lane again... there would be mile long trains of cars trying to pass the mile long trucks! Plus they are so heavy, the pot holes would swallow most of us! There's no way Calif can keep up with the slides and potholes as it is!

This is so upsetting.

Here's a hopeful update:

http://thelumberjack.org/news/caltrans-staa-juggernaut-stalls-richardson-grove

I don't know if they're for or against, I didn't read the entire article... just the good part. lol