Automatic Small Bat Kit Recommendations?

Looking for kits that are automatic, and produce decent vapor? It doesn't have to be amazing, but I would like it to have the following conditions:

PCC included

Automatic

Small enough to hang from mouth and vape, aka hands free

Produce decent vapor

Refillable cartos are preferred.

I am looking for something like blu, but preferably with more refill friendly cartos. Any ideas? I just want to be able to hang a cig from my mouth while at work on the computer, and puff clouds up as hotel guests walk by at night.

Not sure, I vape heavily and consistantly. The only thing I know is I have 10 minute breaks between classes, I vape for maybe 8 minutes of that constantly, then place it back in the charger. I know it doesnt run out during that time. Id probably compare it to smoking 3-4 cigarettes? I haven't really vaped them dead when I use them, i normally just use those batteries when im at social events or at the college. Thats the good thing about the PCC, you still have the compact size and you just pop the battery back in so the next time you vape its fully charged again. I can say I haven't ran the PCC dead though, it lasts me throughout the day (has battery life still when my day is done) and I just recharge it when I get home.

Edited by twelveday

The PCC is 1000mah, so yeah it will last you a long while if you decide to get that with the batteries. I do know someone posted earlier about those style of PCC being sold elsewhere, they seem to be a generic type of PCC that many vendors use and just rebrand it.

V2 cigs are the ones I started with. They have 808 batteries that are guaranteed for life. They only have cartos, but are coming out with new stuff this weekend. I gave my kit to my daughter-in -law to get her started. I think their site is v2cigs.com? Check them out.

v2cigs is an overpriced gen1 808

volts are overpriced gen2 808

let me lay out some differences for you so you can compare gen1 to gen2 and decide which sounds better for you.

gen1- unregulated, comes off the charger at 4.2v, dies down at or under 3.7v at the end of its charge depending on manfr. Cutoffs range based on vendor, most are around 8sec. But v4l has a 20sec auto cutoff and 10sec manual cutoff. Only use vertical coil cartos on these.

gen2-regulated 3.6v, 5-7sec cutoff max. Most manfr.'s are around 5. Only use horizontal coils on these. I'll post some more info when I get home.

my recommendation is and probly always will b v4l.com they make the best 808s in my opinion, and I've tried em all.

IMO, depending on what you really want. One Volt batt and the charger is $20. You can get cartos from lots of places (5 for around $8) The Volt batt is sealed so no leaking into the batt and is warranty for 3 months. Also and its only my opinion...if you need more than 5 seconds to pull on an ecig to get a hit what good is it.

I like the volts but cant say Ive tried the V4L,s so cant give you my take on those :cheers:

i really wish smokelessimage would stop saying their batt's are sealed. all gen2 batts are "liquid resistant" now, but they are not sealed. they simply moved the hole from the center of the post to the side. if it were truly sealed it would not work, as auto batts need that hole to work. anyway, it doesn't matter if they're sealed or not as the only thing you'll be using on it is carto's and you shouldn't be filling your carto's on your batts anyways so leaking should not be a concern as it is.

$20 is pretty much standard price for a "starter kit" for 808's, but they can be found cheaper.

as far as the cutoff, i know i'm not the only one who likes to take long slow drags on their ecigs. most mods have long *** cutoffs, y shouldn't stick style cigs? 5 second cutoff is horrible. it's the main thing that keeps me from really enjoying gen2 808's, that and the fact that the draw is much stiffer on gen2's than it is on a gen1 808. i don't particularly care for that stiff draw, and that's what leads me to having to take a longer drag.

now after all this i know it seems i'm knocking the Volt pretty bad, and honestly i'm not trying to. it's gen2 808's that i don't care for. Volt is a bit overpriced but not bad. the biggest thing i can give to the gen2's is their pcc, that thing is badass. the gen1's have an ugly really cheap looking pcc. but at least they have one.

the reason i like v4l is that they've taken all the good things about gen1's and gen2's and kept them and got rid of all the bad things. if you sign up for v4l's mailing list they run sale's constantly (like every week).

i'm trying to remember where you can get gen 2 (volt, bloog, smoov) 808 gear cheap. there's a specific site i just can't remember it. i'll find it and post it later.

Edited by blucavvy

IMO, depending on what you really want. One Volt batt and the charger is $20. You can get cartos from lots of places (5 for around $8) The Volt batt is sealed so no leaking into the batt and is warranty for 3 months. Also and its only my opinion...if you need more than 5 seconds to pull on an ecig to get a hit what good is it.

I like the volts but cant say Ive tried the V4L,s so cant give you my take on those :cheers:

I agree with that, i just tried trying to vape for 10 seconds and it feels awkward to me, have to take a shallow pull or large lung capacity and it just seems like you burn through juice much faster.

The Volt really isnt that overpriced, im not trying to push the Volt over V4L but making everything else sound negative but stating its overpriced is kind of ridiculous. V4L's batteries only have a 4-5 second longer cutoff point and you're paying 5$ more, when all you really have to do to have a longer pull on other batteries is just stop for a split second and inhale again, much like normal cigarettes, most of the good batteries don't lock you out anymore like the cheap 'free trial' stuff.

Now the v2cigs, those are overpriced. I'd stay away from them

I can only recommend what I've tried and has worked for me. The choice is yours :cheers:

Link to batts: http://smokelessimage.com/accessories/sealed-automatic-batteries.html

These in my opinion work great

Link to cartos I've used and think are very good: http://azsmokefree.com/inc/sdetail/13709/10495

Combined they look like a real cigarette if that's what your looking for. I use these when I don't want to draw attention :)

I know people won't like it but I do that all day while working with a Greensmoke. For a newbie it's a decent choice and I've refilled my 5-pack about 500 times so far so haven't had to order more carts. They look pretty normal too. Small battery seems to be easier to hold in your mouth for sure.

I got a volt, small auto battery. It rocks. I had a 510 with auto battery a couple years ago and it would go off if I shook it or if the wind blew on it. The charge lasted about 45 minutes and it was hardly powerful enough to push a standard atty....but it got me off anologs!

I agree with that, i just tried trying to vape for 10 seconds and it feels awkward to me, have to take a shallow pull or large lung capacity and it just seems like you burn through juice much faster.

The Volt really isnt that overpriced, im not trying to push the Volt over V4L but making everything else sound negative but stating its overpriced is kind of ridiculous. V4L's batteries only have a 4-5 second longer cutoff point and you're paying 5$ more, when all you really have to do to have a longer pull on other batteries is just stop for a split second and inhale again, much like normal cigarettes, most of the good batteries don't lock you out anymore like the cheap 'free trial' stuff.

Now the v2cigs, those are overpriced. I'd stay away from them

as I said if you sign up for v4ls mailing list they email out weekly sales that make them at the same or cheaper than most stuff out there. And its only a 10second cutoff for the v4l manuals, the autos have a 20 second cutoff which no other 808 battery can even compare to.

I'm not at all saying the volt is junk, its a good quality gen2 808. But when you can get better equipment at the same price (if not cheaper depending on the current sale) y not? That's all I'm trying to get at, the volt, bloog, smoov, v2, its all technically good equipment but v4l is in a league of its own. Its hard to really explain without someone actually trying the 2 side by side for comparison, like I said all I know is I've spent a lot of money on diff 808's (gen1 and gen2) and I now only use v4l stuff.

kind of like how people always point out that most vapers start with a stick style, then move up to an eGo type model, then move up to a mod. We always try and help noobs to try and save them some money and that's all I'm trying to do here.

Solid. I now have a lot of info, I think I want gen1.

I want the shortest battery I can find, with a PCC. I don't care what it looks like, so long as it works. I jumped on V4l's mailing list. Maybe something there will catch my eye.

I now need to find a decent 808 carto. Boge hands down is my gut thought.

This kit contains the following items:

• 1 Vapor King
  • 1 Slim Charger
  • 1 Carrying Case
  • 1 pack of Cartomizers

Details SKU VK-500c Base product price: $29.95

This seems right, but I would love to get two batteries...I am too tired atm to do this much research...808's are killen me smalls...If anyone has a link to a kit, or recommendations on batts let me know. I can pick up boge cartos myself, or just get a 808-510 adapeter, but that might add too much weight.

I want interchangability, are gen1 and gen2 the same charging connection?

Njoy has battery, charger, 5 cartos for 20 bucks. That seems pretty good I guess...If battery is 10, cartos 5 and charger 5...

Edited by sasetrase

gen1 batts cannot charge on a gen2 charger but gen2 batts can charge on a gen1 charger. Meaning if you did get the v4l hardware you could always pick up a volt batt down the line and it will charge just fine on the slim line charger.

I highly recommend getting either the v4l vapor titan (a lot like a gen2 just better) or the v4l diamond or stealth series batteries(basically a beefed up gen1). Don't get the regular single logo batts. They're just standard 808's. The titans and diamond/stealth series are where its at. I personally like the diamonds.

I know it's not recomended to use lr cartos on small batteries but can I put a boge lr carto on my Volt? One description I saw says for 901 or kr808-1. A Volt is a kr808-2, right? are they almost the same? Where do I get a lr carto that works on it and is boge the way to go?

as far as I'm aware the only lr cartos in 808 threading are vertical coil cartos which won't work as well on a gen2 (volt) as they will on a gen1 (v4l). They'll work just fine but vapor production on a gen2 is best with horizontal coil cartos. There may in fact b lr horizontal coils out there I just haven't searched for them.

all the 808 batts worth mentioning (v4l,volt,v2,bloog etc.) are kr808d-1. The difference is which generation they are.

gen1 (other than the v4l vapor titan) all have smooth gloss paint, start out off the charger at 4.2v and drop in voltage (unregulated). V4l batts use a custom ic so their voltages barely drop compared to allthe other gen1's which drop like a rock after a few puffs. The v4l vapor titan is like the crem de crem, it uses v4l proprietary ic to maintain a steady (even if it is unregulated) voltage that for the majority of its life fires at 4v, it has the rubbery feel of a gen2, and it also has the "sealed" type sidepost hole. The vapor titan is like the awesome middle ground of gen1 and gen2 with a loooong cutoff timer.

gen2 are ALL fitted with that rubbery feel instead of paint. The original gen2's had a smaller center post hole than a gen1, the newer version of gen2's are the "sealed" version where the hole was moved to the side of the post to make them more liquid resistant. They are ALL regulated to 3.6v. And they all have a 5-7sec cutoff timer.

hope this clears some stuff up. :)

I know it's not recomended to use lr cartos on small batteries but can I put a boge lr carto on my Volt? One description I saw says for 901 or kr808-1. A Volt is a kr808-2, right? are they almost the same? Where do I get a lr carto that works on it and is boge the way to go?

as for the lr vertical coils I've tried boges, v4l WOW's, and litecigusa.net lr 808 cartos. Imo they all performed roughly the same and since the litecig ones are cheapest those are what I'll recommend. They all metered out close to 2.2 or 2.3ohms when measured.