New Vaper Looking For The Perfect Fit (Joye Ego-C?)

New forum user - apologies if i'm posting this in the wrong place. I've been doing research on the Joye eGo-C here, then took a look at the store only to find that Joye happens to be the only brand offered. Sorta feel like that compromises the research. Can anyone convice me otherwise?

Why can't Joye sell the product straight off their website? I know they had that lawsuit awhile back and i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Anyways... onto my real question.

I've been a cig smoker for years and tried switching to ecigs awhile back (Blu & 21st Century Smoker). I was exclusively vaping ecigs for almost 4 months when i broke down and went back to analog cigs. Crappy battery life that only kept getting worse, inconsistent cartridge flavor and lifespan, and just generally being sick of fiddling with so many crappy little components led to that. Plus every time i go to a bar w/ friends who smoke analog cigs, the ecig just doesn't cut it when i can smell the tobacco.

Looking for a stronger, longer lasting PV that is still mobile. Joye eGo-C seems to fit the bill, but I wanted to get some feedback from the veterans. I need something that I don't have to fiddle with a lot, something that will last nearly all day for a former pack-a-day smoker, and something with enough flavor and throat hit to satisfy my craving even when i'm standing outside a bar surrounded by analog smokers. Will the eGo-C be strong enough for this? Please recommend any other models or brands you suggest. I researched a silver bullet a little bit but i think that's beyond my needs. Keep in mind i'm no pro here, so please expand on the abbreviations & numbers that get tossed around in the lingo if you can.

Thanks in advance!!

By the way... i forgot to ask what are the nicotine levels for the Free eliquid that comes with the Joye eGo-C? There's a drop down menu and my only options are medium and high, but it does'nt list the nicotine levels. Thanks in advance!

Well first things first, welcome the the forum Danpio. I am not a tank fan although many people swear by them, that being said one thing I can tell you you will be getting a great battery as I do own many of the eGo type batteries. Depending on your use you will get 8 to 12 hours depending on the MAH of the battery. The great thing about Joye products is there's a ton of choices for the 510 thread that they support. So if you find that you don't like the tank system you can always switch to cartomizers or atomizers or even other of the many delivery devices. I sure others will be along to give you more ideas, good luck and happy vaping :cheers:

med. 18mg

high. 24mg

pretty sure on this

Edited by Viper Ron

yeah i started with the regular joye 510 batteries and the life on those werent doing it for me either. There are some 808 batteries that last a tad bit longer but keeping the slim cigarette feel, next step up would be the ego style batteries which would last longer and are a bit bigger, after that would be mods. I would reccomend an ego style battery, probably the joye ego-c you are talking about.

going on what you posted though, I would recommend the following to mend any problems you had with your previous ecigs.

ego style battery (650mah+)

boge low resistance cartomizers

and a couple of different e-liquid samples (6ml or more)

you'll have the compact size still with an ego battery but longer lifespan between charges.

the cartomizers are less fiddling with components, you just fill it and vape it (they are disposable too and diminish in performance after so many refills, but they hold much more liquid and are more consistent, you can get a couple days out of 1x $1.50 cartomizer)

ordering different liquids in smaller sizes also gives you variety, once i got into vaping more i noticed there are stuff i like to vape over smoking cigarettes, and stuff id rather smoke a cigarette over than vape. you can also chose higher VG content to still give you the whole 'smoking' experience still, and higher nicotine levels to try for that throat hit which might help you not go back to cigarettes as you start off again.

also after a year of not smoking, i noticed alot of the cigarette smell smoking gives off isnt actually the tobacco, its the burning paper and chemicals mixed with the smoke. After I got my taste and smell senses back I started to pick out weird chemical smells in cigarette smoke that I never noticed when I actually smoked.

Thanks for the feedback, I think i'll start by picking up the ego-c starter kit and see if the tanks & joye atty will do the trick, if not i'll pick up some cartomizers. So just so i understand this correctly, if i get those boge lr cartos, i wouldn't be using the ego-c atty right, just the battery?

I see the LR atty & carto mentioned a lot, does the Joye eGo-C atty just not do the trick? Or is it just b/c of the whicking problem i've read about? If i stick to PG will it still be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

If you like the eGo-C I believe they also have an LR atty to use on it and yes you can use LR cartos and attys on that batt. You would remove the atty and tank and just use the batt for a carto or atty. LR = Low Resistance

Hello there. I am also a new-ish vaper. I thought I had done my research when I purchased my ego-c. IMO that was $100 down the toilet. I've had nothing but heartache and frustration with the ego-c setup. I do like the batteries although depending on your style you probably won't get a full day out of the 650mah. I've got the two 650mah that came with my kit and also a 1000mah "passthrough" although it's just a different charger option. The best experience i've had so far have come from a dual coil carto tank system and a regular 510 atty that I drip on. For me on the ego-c the wicks never worked properly, the flavor was extremely muted, i just dont believe it is for me. I have heard of many ppl who love this system but sadly i am not one of them. My ego-c stuff is tucked away in the bottom of my vapor box...good luck it's all about trial and error.

Welcome Danpio, glad to have you with us. Vaping can be overwhelming when you get into the good stuff. I personally don't have an ego-c, but have heard great things about the system.

as already mentioned, with the ego kit you will be able to use the battery with any 510 compatible components (and yes, there are lots of choices).

You have found a great device to start with. If you don't like the tank, you can always try attys (dripping), cartomizers, clearomizers, bigger tanks.......

You will also find we each have our own preferences.

I feel like you are in the exact same place I was three months ago. I started with Blu, went back to smoking for 8 months, and then found my Ego-C, and then moved from there knowing what I liked and didn't like about the Ego-C.

Here is my advice.

After using the Ego-C for about 3 months now I still love it. It produces a great vapor, and I have never had a real problem with it. Atties are tempermental, and the LR ones are better for a hotter burn, but it depends on your juice.

If I were to do it over, I would start with a cartomizer kit, and I probably never would have found the Ego-C or bothered with it. And I would have been happy. The Ego-C is awesome, but I would pick up something like a Kgo Carto kit from Sweet-vapes.com if I could go back and do it again, just because the kGo isn't regulated, I discovered I don't care for the regulated type of vape. It really isn't a huge difference, but it is noticeable.

My final solution as of this moment, I ended up with a Bolt MOD PV using 18650 batteries. I am currently using a Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer on it. 100% PG blueberry Freeze juice. This setup would run you less than an Ego-C and might be a way to go if you want to jump in.

I would highly reccommend the Ego-C to you. It is a great unit, and assuming you aren't an idiot you will vape it just fine. You will want an Ego type battery at some point, so why not start there and get a hang of things?

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I like the idea of flexibility with the ego batteries so i went ahead and ordered a starter kit. Within the next day or two i'll pick up some Boge Cartos as well just so i have an alternative if i find i don't like the ego-c atty. I'm sure i'll be having more questions soon. Thanks again!

Haha indeed i did. 10ml of the mysery juice that came with the package at 24mg nic, then a 10ml 18mg tobacco and a 10ml 18mg of vanilla. All 100% PG just cuz it's all i've tried so far, plus i've read the Joye atty struggles with VG. Enough to get me started.

Gonna have to play around with the nic levels to see what will work for me. Ideally i'd like to have a lower level for the day to day vaping, then a stronger level for when i go out to a bar or whatever and i'm gonna be surrounded by analogs.

Sounds like you are off to a really good start. Glad you ordered a couple strengths...very smart.

I used to think I would have trouble with my friends that smoke...the social thing. I was one of the lucky ones....The smoking didn't really bother me. I would sit outside with them and vape.

Sounds like you are off to a really good start. Glad you ordered a couple strengths...very smart.

I used to think I would have trouble with my friends that smoke...the social thing. I was one of the lucky ones....The smoking didn't really bother me. I would sit outside with them and vape.

lol the funny thing is when you put out plumes bigger than the smokers

I actually still like the smell of cigarettes when they are being smoked but hate the smell of it on the people after ;)

Agree totally with that.

This is going to be one of the biggest obsticles for me. Using my previous blu/21st century setup it was a complete failure. Friends are smoking analogs while i'm trying like hell to get a decent hit but constantly was dealing w/ battery & pre-filled carto problems. With the ego-c (done ton of research and i'm already prepared to deal w/ any leaking & atomizer problems) i'm hoping i'll be able to get that great hit & flavor every time. If I can get that I'm confident I'll be able to stick with it this time and stay away from the analogs.

http://www.carolinavapes.com/eGo-Passthrough-Cartomizer-Kit_p_104.html

Something like that is a good option to try out the ego battery, it comes with an eGo cone but no eGo atomizers I believe, but you could pick one up for around ten bucks. I bought the eGo-C kit and loved it when I got it but slowly started to enjoy bigger and better things, an eGo with a LR atty just does not give me the throat hit and pleasure of vaping a NR atty at 5 volts, but everyone prefers something different. That being said the eGo battery is amazing, really good quality, it looks clean and sleek, they come in many different sizes which is also cool imo. I do not use the eGo-C atty setup, I still have 3 sitting in the original blister pack from a few months ago, to me they mute the flavor or strong juices, some subtle juices taste alright in the atty but I prefer a LR 510 on an ego battery than the actual ego c setup. Just my two cents.

Thanks! I already got my ego-c kit and it's going pretty well so far. The tanks are tempermental, but I've got some LR cartos on their way now. I have another question about the ego-c atty.

It seems like every now and then a bit of juice is making it through the atty base, and in between the atty and battery. I've read that this is bad and shouldn't happen. Am i flooding my atty? I'd find that hard to believe as i'm still getting dry hits every now and then. It seems to happen more when i direct drip. Can't tell if my tank is just leaking too much or if i'm adding to much juice when i direct drip or maybe i'm just flooding my atty or what. Or maybe I'm not doing anything wrong and this is normal. Any suggestions?

I find that it happens to me quite often, not ample amounts just a little drop in the center of the connection here and there. When I use my smoktech tanks on the other hand after the first few fills they tend to leak horribly and are un-usable, I want to get a J-tank or something that I can use Boge cartos with and punch them myself as well. I have also read a lot of people have no problems with the triple punched cartos but I think its just too much juice flow, IDK. Still trying to find a tank setup that will produce how I want it to, however not much tastes better and gives the throat hit and vapor than a freshly filled DCT does. I have a lot of devices left to try but for now I am happy with my Lavatube and Boge cartos haha. Varibox is also pretty cool for thirty bucks. Superb battery life, 3 voltage settings and its small and light. Ivape is also coming out with a cheap VV tube mod or has already released it. Kind of stopped device shopping since I got this LT running so good haha.

**EDIT** With the eGo-C attys I have had some juice get on the atty base I believe but it has never made it down to the battery with the eGo-C setup.

Edited by yeahivape

That seems to be whats happening to me, when i disconnect the battery from the attomizer there's a bit of liquid on the bottom of the atty base but it doesn't seem to be very much, and it doesn't seem to be dripping into the battery connection. Guess I'm ok then