Tank Question

I would guess if you take care the tank would last quite a while.There is however the carto or atty that goes with the tank and those I am afraid will be subject to the same degradation and have a similar lifespan.It would appear to me the best investment given that fact,for keeping cost down would be the ones that use regular carto's that you poke holes in.It seems tanks are more for not being bothered with topping off than being frugal.I haven't used a tank so this is just my opinion.

I am really starting to enjoy tanks.There is a learning curve, so I have started with a cheaper tank. The carto is the part you would replace most often and they are not very expencive. $1.5 to $2.00 each depending on single or double coil. You can also choose LR,STD, or HR.

yeah, a tank is just that tubing you put around the cartomizer, which can last indefinately depending on materials and care. The cartomizer itself that goes into the tank still has to be replaced regularly just like normal.

the ego vision is nice, but i still think the traditional style tanks (Like the JTank or other variances) are better, regarding flavor because you can just chose what cartomizers you like to put in it, in those kind of tanks the flavor comes from the cartomizer not the tank itself, if you dont like that cartomizer in the tank, you just buy a different cartomizer next time, but you still keep the actual 'tank' that you ordered, you just replace the cartomizer within.

Edited by twelveday

Thanks, bear. So, my next question is: Is there a tank that is better than an ego elegance (stardust, vision...)... regarding flavor?

I like the tank better for the same reasons as twelveday. I like the vision, but the flavor not that great at first. To me, the flavor gets better after its been cleaned out once. I dont know, maybe it's just me.

I agree, the flavor in the vision clearomizer is erratic. I have found that the VT midnight liquid taste amazing in it. doesn't seem to die off.

I find that if I vape the same flavor by the end of the day, the flavor dies out....this happens no matter what system I use. Dripping allows me to change flavors more often.

I rotate through dripping-best flavor (currently love the 306), Lava tube tank - better flavor and the vision clearomizer- ok flavor. The selling point for me with the clearomizer vs the tank is the clearomizer is so easy to use and refill. I get my flavor fix from dripping.

the ego vision is nice, but i still think the traditional style tanks (Like the JTank or other variances) are better, regarding flavor because you can just chose what cartomizers you like to put in it, in those kind of tanks the flavor comes from the cartomizer not the tank itself, if you dont like that cartomizer in the tank, you just buy a different cartomizer next time, but you still keep the actual 'tank' that you ordered, you just replace the cartomizer within.

I think that's So interesting.. that switching cartos in the tank affects the flavor.

@kitsune.. I am looking for a flavor fix, truly. I love dripping, but sometimes it's messy, so I haven't been dripping as much, lately.

@bear.. My ego elegance does mute the flavors, as well.

I think it took a while to get over my first tank experience (twas like sipping nic through a straw), but I'm ready to try again.. just because.