"food Grade" E-Liquid Versus .. What?

Monkey

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question.. I'm still so noob =/

I've seen a couple e-liquid sites that say their juice is "100% Food Grade" .. and other sites don't mention that term at-all.

So, if an e-liquid isn't "100% Food Grade," then what is it? Bad? Should I only be buying full, food grade?

Thanks ;)

My experience with food grade is good. Its a bit sweet and the consistency of VG liquid.

The second option is pharmaceutical grade....sold usually as 'skin protectant'. Most pharmacies carry it. once such brand is 'Humco', I know, the whole skin protectant thing is a bit weird for vaping, but it really is just VG.

I personally have used both and both work great.

If it doesn't specify it is probably PG.

Ahh okay, thank you! That might explain why every Tobacco flavor I try is too sweet (to me anway). Tobacco (plain), 555, RY4, and a few other samples.

I used to smoke Winston ultra lights, no hint of sweet, and I'm really hoping, yet failing, to find a non-sweet tobacco anywhere.

I personally always add a sweetner to my liquids, but of course many don't like them that way. If you do any DIY you can control your flavors much more accurately, and save money in the long run. If you find something you can vape all day, run with it.

The "food grade" isn't a big issue, just buy from reputable vendors/someone you trust. Some of the internationally shipped liquids have been known to be of subpar quality...with other things possibly mixed into the liquid. Always be sure that what you are vaping is safe, we want this to be HEALTHIER than smoking...not worse.

Ahh okay, thank you! That might explain why every Tobacco flavor I try is too sweet (to me anway). Tobacco (plain), 555, RY4, and a few other samples.

I used to smoke Winston ultra lights, no hint of sweet, and I'm really hoping, yet failing, to find a non-sweet tobacco anywhere.

Have you tried Winston from myfreedomsmokes.com?

I've tried Winston from Wordup. It's one of thier better tobacco flavors imo. Last I knew they have an option for all of thier juices to be PG, VG, or 50/50 mix. I always got 50/50 mix but if I were to make it myself I would make it 80%pg 20%vg. Some supliers will not disclose thier percentages and will only say that thier juice contains both or one or the other.

Have you tried Winston from myfreedomsmokes.com?

I've tried Winston from Wordup. It's one of thier better tobacco flavors imo. Last I knew they have an option for all of thier juices to be PG, VG, or 50/50 mix.

Thanks, I will try those :) myfreedomsmokes.com is 50/50, too?

Yes Lauren at word up makes the best IMO .. Most tobacco flavors out there are pg but you can find 100% vg

And regard to vg skin protectant .. I have ran out BAD before and had to use Glycerin enema I got at the pharmacy because thats all they had. But either way it is only Vg as you said ;)

I would think that pharmaceutical glycerin is better suited for vaping than food grade. The skin protectant I use is 99.5% glycrin and USP and food grade that I saw says may contain traces of nut or peanut. I've used both but generally not more than 20%. PG is a much better flavor carrier and makes for a better throught hit. I would go with all PG If I had to choose from one or the other.

Edited by Mike