New And Confused!

Landion

Hi all, after 20 years as a smoker I've given up on analogs and have been vaping exclusively for about 2 and a half Weeks. Because of my success a number of my friends and Co workers have our are in the process of giving up analogs as well. I started with an 808-D and have recently purchased a vv tube mod.... This is where all the trouble begins!

1) the kit that I purchased included 3 tanks. The tanks are an absolute pain in the butt! They leak from the bottom of the atty, require a magic trick to get off of the tube and provide a MUCH smaller hit than my 808-D, even when the tube is set at 6.0.

2) I got a clearomizer that I used instead of the tank and with the tube set as low as 3.0 still tastes like it's burning the juice.

I'm not sure if there is something that I'm doing to cause all these issues or if it's the equipment.....

HELP!

Which type of tanks...do you know, or have a link? tanks if not filled correctly will leak. But usually will give great throat hit and vapor. Diffenent tanks do require different filling methods.

I'm not going to be much help here, as I only use my clearomizes on my ego or ego type batteries, The only time I get any burning is when I am running really low on liquid. What make clearomizers did you get?

could be possible your VV Tube is running hot. Do you by change have a multimeter to test the V?

A couple of questions:

What kind of tanks?

Which cleoromizers?

Pics or links would be helpful. But judging by what you wrote I dont think you're doing anything wrong. It may just be an issue with the clearos and the dct cartos in your tanks.

The clearomizers are CE2 XL's http://www.myvaporstore.com/KR808D1_Ultimate_CE2_Clearomizer_XL_p/kr808d1-ultce2.htm

The tanks are http://www.electronic-cigz.com/podctuta.html

They actually came in this kit http://www.electronic-cigz.com/povavoulkit.html

As for running the clearomizers too hot, I've run the mod from 3.0 up to 6.0 to see if the voltage was giving me the burning taste, and it only tasted less burnt at 3, but burnt none-the-less

Thanks for the help! I want to get away from my 808 (except for at my desk at work lol) but it's the only thing giving me a good vape.

The CE2's dont have a great track record. Once you get that burnt taste in it theres no getting it out. Ive found the pre-punched DCT's in those tanks dont have a large enough hole. So your cartos probably aren't getting enough juice in them, thus low vapor.

Since you ahve the VV tube try out some Boge 2.0 cartos and maybe some Joye 510 attys.

The clearomizers are CE2 XL's http://www.myvaporst...08d1-ultce2.htm

The tanks are http://www.electroni...m/podctuta.html

They actually came in this kit http://www.electroni...ovavoulkit.html

As for running the clearomizers too hot, I've run the mod from 3.0 up to 6.0 to see if the voltage was giving me the burning taste, and it only tasted less burnt at 3, but burnt none-the-less

Thanks for the help! I want to get away from my 808 (except for at my desk at work lol) but it's the only thing giving me a good vape.

welcome to the forum! Wish I could help you some but I don't use tanks or vv. Never saw the need. Love my 808s and LEO's

ce2's you need to properly position the 3rd plug if not they will taste burnt, now you need to disasemble it clean it under running water till threads are white then dry it out then a good dry burn. works everytime for me. welcome aboard.

You probablt should just go back to cartomisers,tanks are a hobby in themselves.Either a standard resistance @ 4 volts or low resistance @ 3.7 volts.No sense making it more complicated than it needs to be.Hang in there.Boge carto's are the bestest either 510 or they call thier 808's 302D's,not sure which threads you have on your mod.

http://www.volcanoecigs.com/tube-tank-1.html

I have been using this tank without any trouble. Initial priming is a process, but so is filling any cartomizer. once the cartomizer and tank are filled, It has worked great. I use on my ego and on my VV at 4.7V. (need extra replacement cartomizers). They usually last me couple + weeks.

Not much help on the boge cartos, but I do know that Many love them.

Personally, I love dripping with a standard 510 atty on my VV at 4.7v. Sometimes its a bit of a trial getting the right set up.

Welcome to VT, Landon!

Congrats on switching over to vaping, and it's so cool that your friends and co-workers are interested too. Imagine the fun all of you will be having once the learning curves are straightened out! Flavor tests, atty discussions, mod stalking, ... oh to be in your shoes!

I have a VV LavaTube with a pre-punched 3.0 stainless steel carto and a 5(?) ml tank set up. I got the whole shabang at Volcano eCigs in one order and haven't regretted it at all. I haven't had any troubles what so ever with their setup, except of course the very first time when I didn't realize I was supposed to pre-fill the carto until it leaks out the hole before inserting. But ever since then, it's been a champ (and so have I lol). I know that their set up works (and should on any 510 connection VV we have) and it might be worth a shot. Like McQuiver said, the tanks are kind of a hobby .... but once we find a good one for us, they're so handy that we end up having a tank for all our favorite flavors. They're worth it, in other words, to keep trying them out til you find the one that works for you. A lot of people have good luck with the map tanks, the J-tank, and so forth too.

Best of luck to you, and don't give up!

The SmokeLessImage Volt is an exceptionally easy one not only for first timers, but for the advanced user as well. They are powerful little cigarette sized ecigs, at 3.6volts with 2.8ohm cartos. I would seriously consider adding a kit to your arsenal for others to try.... and for you to enjoy as well. I have the SB, LT, Reo Grand, Copper Q3, and so on and so on, and just got the Volt last Halloween and it's become my main vape. I use it in rotation with my other mods, (different flavors and nic strength set-ups), and sometimes I forget to rotate. I like it that much. It satisfies in vapor, th, and handling.

Best of luck to you and your friends and co-workers!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone - Didn't mean to appear as if I was ignoring life's been CRAZYNESS lately!

Just an update -

I picked up some new carto's for the tanks... enlarged the holes a bit and still have the same problem. I've decided (begrudgingly) to put the tanks away for now... tho my stubborn side will end up back at em... no doubt. Just going to do more research before I start dumping more cash into em.

I did get the CE2's working pretty well. I remove all the innards and rebuild them all as soon as they come so that I have them ready to go when I need them. They're working out 100% better - but that still only makes them a C+... I know there's got to be better options. I spent all last week dripping.... best vapor and flavor... but what a pain in the hind quarter!

Volcano was in town last weekend for VapeBash and VapeFest... I purchased what I thought were CE2's from them to find out they were some shoddy knock off (a more expensive shoddy knock off at that)... didn't leave a very good taste in my mouth (literally or figuratively) on the company as a whole. But if you guys are happy with their tanks I'll keep that in mind when I get back to wrestling tanks :)

Imagine the fun all of you will be having once the learning curves are straightened out! Flavor tests, atty discussions, mod stalking, ... oh to be in your shoes!

Now that I have a set up providing a good experience... I'm having a lot of fun with the learning curves. Even rebuilding the CE2's is almost enjoyable. Flavor Tests.... Good Lord! I tasted an uncountable number of juices last weekend at VP & VF.... I've ordered 2 more sample packs of new flavors since! I think the VT signatures need to be re-worded to "Money not spent on cigarettes" Cuz I've surely not saved a dime! LOL

One of my co-workers makes her own mods... pretty simple - copper pipe/mechanical switch... I've been borrowing one from her that fits a 14500... I just ordered one from her yesterday for an 18650. The kick is on my "to research list" so that size will allow for it with a 18500 battery :) That will be Mod #2... and I'm stalking a mod from a local guy that's gonna be on cigtechs.com - the "Shockwave".

Forums, Vaporcast and GrimmGreen... OH MY! I have at least one vaping related window open every time I sit down to the PC... My boss threatened to setup an intervention....

Glad you checked in !!!

Personally if you can get your hands on some ego vision clearomizers.....They are by far the least painful devise I have used since I started vaping (almost 3 years), and trust me I have tried so many things.

http://www.vaporkings.com/Vision-Clearomizers-s/2060.htm

Great throat hit, vapor and flavor. some get a muted flavor, but for me, The flavor has been great. I love how easy they are to fill and use.

Mind you, this is just my personal opinion. As you have noticed, lots of opinions out there.

Happy vaping

Thanks Kitsune.

If I remember right those are 510 with a skirt. And if those are the ones that I'm thinking of - I've looked at them. The new mod that I'll have on Monday was offered with a raised 510 connector so that I can use those without an adapter. Which I decided to go with since I'm still looking for a good setup... the more options the better!

Thanks everyone - Didn't mean to appear as if I was ignoring life's been CRAZYNESS lately

I did get the CE2's working pretty well. I remove all the innards and rebuild them all as soon as they come so that I have them ready to go when I need them. They're working out 100% better - but that still only makes them a C+... I know there's got to be better options. I spent all last week dripping.... best vapor and flavor... but what a pain in the hind quarter!

Volcano was in town last weekend for VapeBash and VapeFest... I purchased what I thought were CE2's from them to find out they were some shoddy knock off (a more expensive shoddy knock off at that)... didn't leave a very good taste in my mouth (literally or figuratively) on the company as a whole. But if you guys are happy with their tanks I'll keep that in mind when I get back to wrestling tanks :)

I can really relate to what you have been through for I have just gone through it myself. I purchased the lava tube and a tube tank from volcano (well actually two) and no spare Cartomizers. The first one I didn't prime enough and burned it straight off, the second one I primed a lot more but still had wicking problems but it worked for three weeks and finally gave up the ghost. When I got my replacements I primed the Cartomizer before inserting it into the tank and let it sit for about 10 min, then inserted it into the tank and primed it some more. The result is a great working tank with absolutely no whicking problem.

A small head's up on volcano, the one reason I do business there is they are starting their own lines in the USA, using American labor. While they still have Asian products they are transitioning as fast as they can. I don't feel like a traitor to my own country when purchasing from them and feel better about myself because I know I am not putting my fellow Americans out of work. So I try to give them at least $100 a month business. Some of their beginning runs may be a little shoddy but they will keep at it and correct that. They may be a little more expensive but when I buy tool's, I do a search for American made tool's and if I can I will buy American before buying overseas products..

Oh yes, welcome to the forum's the :flower:

Edited by ancient11

I'm with ya in terms of buying American, but only when the product is at least as good as what I can get from overseas. In terms of their clearomizers, they just don't make the grade for me.

That said - I did also pickup a bottle of their Menthol Burst for a few co-workers to try and they totally loved it. So That will be something that gets ordered now by 3 people on a regular basis. :)

I'm with ya in terms of buying American, but only when the product is at least as good as what I can get from overseas. In terms of their clearomizers, they just don't make the grade for me.

That said - I did also pickup a bottle of their Menthol Burst for a few co-workers to try and they totally loved it. So That will be something that gets ordered now by 3 people on a regular basis. :)

I have never had a problem with most American products equaling or surpassing foreign good's the problem has mostly been foreign goods equaling American goods but with that said I am sorry you have had trouble with the Chinese Clearomizer or rebranded smoke tech clearomizer. It will be next year before they start making thier own, according to the reply I got.. I have bought 4 products from them I dont like but that is few compaired to some others.