Lavatube & 6Ml Dct Tank Problems

Daveapples

Hi

Great forum ( hopefully I've posted in the correct place)

I purchased a lavatube with a 6ml dct tank.

Ive been having problems with the juice being sucked up into my mouth , it seems like the wick bit in the middle of the tank soaks up way to much juice ( until its gurgling).

At this point it becomes unpleasant to use unless you empty the juice and vape with empty tank.

This happens with a full charge and any voltage used on the lava tube.

I've been using a VG/PG 60/40 mix juice.

Am I doing something wrong , just to add the hole to let the juice into the wick bit is very small so don't think that's the problem.

I would be gratefull for any ideas that may help.

Thanks.

Ps. Luckily I have since purchased a LCD ego-t

So am happily vaping away for over a week now but would love to use the lava tube with tank.

I haven't had that problems, so am of no help. Sorry.

If it doesn't work itself out, maybe a donut shaped trippy tip from trippytips.com would help? Those keep juice and spittles down to below miminum from what I hear, plus they're cool looking.

It's definitely not the Lavatube - nothing about how it functions has anything to do with the amount of juice that soaks in the carto in a tank. So rest easy - your unit is fine.

If you are using a tank carto, you shouldn't be getting so much juice in the carto that it is that saturated. At least, not in my experience. When you look inside the carto, does the filler look absolutely soaked, or is it mostly white?

Are you punching the cartos yourself? If so, how "little" are the holes?

Are you using a tip on the carto of any kind?

Are you using the XL cartos? A little extra space at the top should help with the liquid spitting up in your mouth.

Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to figure out the actual source of the problem.

Hi Deadpool

The carto is came pre-drilled and ready to go.

The hole is probably about the size of a pin hole. the tip is about as long as the tank but I think the main problem is the juice coming even as far as the tip when vaping. So I would think the inside bit is completely soaked.

This is the second 6ml tank I've purchased (same make)

the first seemed to get completely blocked and being new and desperate to vape I got a bit over enthusiastic with a small screwdriver and ended up pulling the carto to bits = 1 unhappy but wiser new vapor.

As both suffer the same problems I think I'm ready to give up on this model and try any proven tank system for the lavatube.

If you have any suggestions I would be gratefull about 5/6 ml would be fine or smaller.

Thanks for your reply

Ps. It will vape fine if I put a few drops in the tank but that's not really the idea of a 6ml tank but will keep me going allong with my ego-t LCD which is great :-)

Please forgive me for this question if you know better... but I have to make sure.

You know the cartos on the inside are disposable, and instead of buying a new tank, you can just replace the carto on the inside, right?

I read what you are saying as you threw out the tank because you destroyed the carto, and I just want to make sure that isn't the case....

How are you filling the tank?

Where did you buy the tank? Can you provide a link?

What you are describing should not be happening at all, and everything points to the carto being the problem, and not the tank or the Lavatube...

Hi

As I was new to all this , I ordered a whole new tank with carto & extra carto.

Luckily I kept the tank so now have what should be 2 working tanks with carto inside.

This is the kit I bought the tanks can be seen at the bottom of page , would seem they are 3.5ml not 6ml (I was told they were 6 ml but mine are the same as in advert so must be 3.5ml )

They look as they do in the picture.

I usually fill the tank up by removing the bottom rubber section and filling along side of carto till just over half full.

http://freedomvape.co.uk/shop/article_32-002/VV-Lava-tube-Kit-(DCT-Tank-Or-Atomizers).html?shop_param=cid%3D2%26aid%3D32-002%26

Hopefully that link will work.

Off to sleep as its late here ,

thanks for your help

Hey Dave !!! Welcome. Sorry you are having trouble. I don't have the map tank, but I do have the Tube Tank from Volcano....look the same. I you get liquid into the center hole of the carto inside the tank...it will give you the gurgling and liquid in your mouth.

With a brand new carto.. place the carto into the tank...I add liquid to the white filler inside the carto 3-4 drops at a time, making sure you are not adding directly to the middle but to the white filler.

once the filler is saturated....won't aborb anymore or leaking from other end....Then fill the tank. I leave the rubber tank seal in place and push the carto down until you can see into the tank...drip the liquid down the side until about 3/4 full...don't want the liquid to spill over into the carto.

Push the carto back into place....place the drip tip and vape.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I tried dripping into the wadding till soaked , it still gurgled a bit, I used it till it stopped gurgling then filled tank up as far as the inlet hole.

Seems to be working great at the moment.

I will let you no how I get on when I have the courage to fill up the tank more .

At the moment I am vaping like a pro , so the pre soak seemed to work well.

Thanks again guys.

I have just figured the problem out.

When I had filled the tank and had problems with the juice being sucked into my mouth .

I had repeatedly removed the top bung ( rubber seal) closest to the mouth piece to try and see what was causing the problem.

In doing so the air pressure when re- inserting the bung forces the liquid into the carto and floods it.

To remidy this ,I turned the lavatube upside down and pulled the tank downwards which in turn ( whith the air pressure ) pulled the liquid back into the tank from the flooded carto.

A very carefull further pull allows air into the tank equalising the air pressure and no longer causing a piston effect causing a flooding of the carto.

I hope that makes sense :-)

And hopefully may help someone else in future.

:-)

I am glad things are working better. sometimes its just a bit of trial and error. It is all a part of the learning curve. Everytime I try something new, it takes me a bit to get the hang of things.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble with the Smoktech DCT .. Same as the OP, it seems to take a full tank and empty it into the carto literally.. I have a full tank and within a couple minutes the 3 ML is gone , has to be going into the carto because the drip well is little wet but gurgle gurgle... I am using the Smoktech Dual Coils carto stainless steel 1.5 ohm and 3.00 OHM with same issues any ideas?

• 2 years later...

Volcano flooding. I too have an enormous problem with the lava tube flooding. I have been through four of the metal cylinders. The first one was my fault I thing but the last three worked great for about two or three weeks and started flooding to the point of being unusable. The thing is top notch when it is working but the extra four bucks every 2-3 weeks I may as well be paying for cigarettes