Ice Mod?

Jtherien1215

Anyone ever done this? I don't even know if it would work but I've "heard of bongs" that use this method. I'm not sure if the vapor would hold its consistancy or if it would just turn back to a liquid once it's cooled down to frozen temperatures. Let me know my fellow vape heads.

The vapor is drawn in but before it gets to your mouth it passes through ice cubes. Im trying to accomplish what anyone who mods is trying to accomplish, a better vaping experiance, or at least a different vaping experiance. something new, that's what makes vaping fun for me, always something different and new.

Develp an atty with a liquid cooling system. I think that would be awesome. have you noticed how much better your atty works when its cool as opposed to hot?

Yes! And throat hits are more comfortable (for lack of better words)! I was thinking of using the tank of my carto tank and somehow mounting the atty and cartidge inside with ice chips in the tank. Idk I it will work or if it's even possible but maybe it will

Somewhat sarcastic... yes. I just find it comical some of the lengths we go to to try to improve/change the way we vape. Everyone is different, obviously, when it comes to what they like and dislike... for me, I actually prefer a warmer vapor upon inhalation. I would simply have no need/desire to cool the vapor off before I inhale it... that's all.

Edited by DAYVAPE

So we put a low resistance atty/carto on a high voltage device to get lotsa nice warm vapor and then run it through ice to cool it?Makes sense to me.I am not sure about condensing it quicker ,when I vape outside in freezing weather the vapor hangs around a lot longer than I would have thought it would.

Edited by mcquinn

Develp an atty with a liquid cooling system. I think that would be awesome. have you noticed how much better your atty works when its cool as opposed to hot?

not me.....that's the biggest reason I use lr stuff is I like a warm vape. If I wanted a cold vape I'd buy a tank system :lol:

This might be an overkill, but have you thought about picking up a liquid cooling kit from micro center or a local computer parts store? And assembling it with mod you built from scratch? Im sure it can be incorporated. Also, I think you can use a similar design like a hookah since it has a chamber where you can put ice in it, grimmgreen had short video about e-hookah =) another idea would be one of those cups with silly straw in it

It seems like it might be possible for someone to develop some kind of liquid cooled cone - or one with a fan on it that would activate when you pressed the button. Would drain more off the battery, but only a negligible amount.

Or fill a carto tank with water, keeping an old used carto in there to maintain the gap in the middle. pull the old carto out when frozen, then insert an unpunched 510 carto. The water will melt, but the tank should hold the water.

Might not be the best thing for your seals or for carto longevity, but it could work.

It also begs the question - at what temperature does juice freeze?

Edited by Deadpool809

I did some research for you. Now if your juice is mostly PG then the freezing point is pretty low. At 60% pg 40% water the freezing point is -60 degrees F.

VG seems to freeze at -36 degrees F

Sounds like a different idea. I am like others and like a warm vape.

Now something else to think about. I work outside through all temps, my mix is 50/50 and let me tell you, at 40-50* a pv vapes like crap. I played with 3 of my pv's for a long time just to get a little bit of vape. I ended up putting them beside a heater so I could at least use them. Cold temps and pvs inho do not mix.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Sometimes i take a cold drink with lots of ice, take a nice toot off my device and gently 'lower' the vape right on top of the ice. It looks like dry ice in a drink - really freaks out my co-workers. :)

I don't mind the coolness, and the vape seems to be drawn to the cold. Behaves rather oddly - check it out.

Xx

• 4 months later...

I have seen on 'youtube' a person rig what looks like an eGo to a water bong using some silicone tubing to attach the cartridge to the 'acceptor piece' of the water pipe

I don't know if I can find the video but I'll re-post if i do...

It was interesting. Fun I imagine, but I don't think I would buy a water pipe to try it