Correct Way To Steep?

bear

Just let it sit in a cool/dark place for 2-3 days. That is typically enough to steep it once you get it from a vendor because it has already been steeping a couple of days while it was being shipped to you. It's as simple as that really.

Just let it sit in a cool/dark place for 2-3 days. That is typically enough to steep it once you get it from a vendor because it has already been steeping a couple of days while it was being shipped to you. It's as simple as that really.

Does the bottle have to be open?

x2 to everything Dayvape said.

I will add that in my personal experience, it seems like certain liquids do good steeping for a week or more. Some only need a few days.

example is I got some vanilla cupcake a little over aweek ago and it was nasty on tuesday when I first tried it. Cracked it open again this morning and its pretty delicious now. :)

Here is how i steep

1. Shake bottles really well

2. Put them in a cool dark place for 24 hours with the cap off

3. After 24 hours replace the caps and shake again

4. Let sit for 2-7 days

5. Give em one more good shake and vape em

If i let them sit for a long time i like to shake em every 2 days. I don't know why but this is just the way i do it...i just like shaking things :)

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

I honestly think that is a bit of overkill. The whole cap on cap off thing never made any difference with anything I was steeping.

Very overkill...i only do this with juice i don't like when i first try it. Only 2 juices have ever made it past 3 days.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Taking the cap off isn't steeping, BTW, it is ozidizing. Steeping simply means allowing the flavor to penetrate the juice. Time is the only thing that accomplishes this.

Oxidizing can affect the flavor of some juices, but it is a different chemical process. If the juice needs to be steeped, just let it sit in a cool, dark place for a while, and let the juice mature on its own.

Nothing wrong with oxidizing, but it isn't steeping :lol:

My way is a conflict with some. When I DIY, I do it two ways. First way is I mix my flavorings pg / vg, EM in a bottle. I heat a glass of water to about 96 degrees(I have digital meat thermometers LOL) , seal the bottle and submerge in the water. Occasionally I take it out & shake. I vape high Vg or 50/50 so this method helps break down the viscosity of the VG. I then add the nic.

Most times I just add all the ingredients including nic. I have been doing this since I started DIY & have not noticed any weakness in the nic levels. Ymmv

When you do it this way, you will notice that the juice has no cloudiness to it.

It works for me and nobody has complained with the quality of my liquids :D

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

i agree with baam i noticed this cleaning a fresh bottle i ran it under water hot waater and it needed no steeping lol.

I ran a bottle of a thick VG cinnamon pastry juice under hot water and it seemed to help it. Hmmmmm?

No need to.double boil. If you want to experiment and see how this works try this.

Put 3 ml of VG into a bottle, now take 1/2 ml of your darkest flavoring(or food coloring will work) and put into bottle as well. Now shake a little bit and you will notice either your liquid is cloudy or has a million little bubbles in it, the flavoring / food coloring will not blend perfectly. Drop that same bottle into a water bath and shake every once and awhile. You will notice a different liquid.

This is how it works for me YMMV (always have to post this so no one argues. LOL)

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I am a newbie myself and I found this to be so helpful. I received and sample pac of juice and there was a note inside that said it would be better if I let a certain one steep for about a week. I had no clue what they were talking about and now I do. LOL...thanks!

Same here with the hot water. I run a glass of very hot water, drop in my juice bottle, shake it up occasionally while the water temperature drops to room temperature, and it's done. Tastes just like juices that I put up to "mellow".

Try it yourself...put some of your newly purchased juice in a small bottle and try the "hot water steeping" method...compare it to the juice you don't soak and you'll notice a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

ok its been a while and some experimenting, fastest way would be, microwave some water till before boil, next take out of microwave and place fresh liquid into water bath and let sit till room temp. liquid should be steeped enough at this point.

Glad this thread got bumped because I have a steeping question! :)

Would a flavor that is really sugary sweet mellow out with some steeping? I'm quickly learning that different vendors have wildly different ideas of French Vanilla. Bottle I got today is good, but whew, is it ever sweet!

• 4 weeks later...

I have found that my favorite way of steeping is to use hot water (110 degrees, just what my tap puts out) and let it sit for 1/2 an hour. I have tried the week long steeping and didnt see much of a result except the throat hit (TH )was alot stronger (if that what you like, go for it). I prefer no TH which is why I use all VG. The flavor does become stronger after I steep in hot water, But in all honesty I didn't notice a big difference if I steeped or not. I accidenatlly left the cap off one bottle of sour apple for 2 weeks and the TH was really strong and I wasn't real happy with it. BUt since it seems so many people like the TH, Time seems to be the answer. For just flavor, The hot water worked for me.

Smokeater116