Throat Hit: Flash, Menthol, Cinnamon

kitsune

Always in search of more throat hit.

Sorry, this is going to be a long post.

OK, Been playing around with flavorings for adding throat hit to liquids without adding more nicotine.

I will start with Menthol. I have been using menthol for the longest.

I have found that adding a few drops of menthol flavoring to any liquid helps add a bit of cool throat hit without tasting like menthol.

Currently I use Flavour Art menthol From Ecig express. Adds a bit of cool throat hit to any flavor.

When I mix 0mg, to get more throat hit, I end up having to add too much menthol for my taste. I can live with it if I have too and if you like menthol this is certainly an option.

I still add a bit of menthol to all my flavors, I like the additional throat hit. Its not a huge difference with throat hit, but it helps.

Cinnamon

Started playing with cinnamon flavoring for throat hit a few months back.

Flavour Art cinnamon from Ecig express and schilling cinnamon (over the counter, baking isle)

Prefer the flavour art cinnamon over the schilling(not as concentrated), but the schilling will do in a pinch.

The cinnamon adds a bit of a warmer throat hit. Same thing....I don't add much. about 6-8 drops per 10ml. The more you add the more cinnamon flavor. I'm not a huge cinnamon fan, so I stick to just a bit for an extra bit of throat hit.

Cinnamon does add a decent throat hit and would mix well with most flavors....especially if used in smaller amounts.

Flash

Now to the point of this Topic. I have finally gotten around to try a product from flavour Art called Flash:

Flash e-Liquid from FlavourArt

Nicotine free liquid designed to mimic the nicotine hit.

"With valuable feedback received for our previous 0 nicotine liquid, we reworked the formula making it more mild and well rounded.

Flash is designed as ready to vape E liquid but it can be diluted up to personal preferences.

*This item is in the Vape Heaven section on the FlavourArt website.

Food grade flavorings imported from Italy.

Contains 63% Propylene Glycol, 35% Vegetable Glycerin and 2% Artificial Flavor.

This is a product description from the ecig express website...can also be found on the Flavour Art web page.

Been playing with this for the past couple weeks and here is what I have:

Added to some 18mg liquid that needed a bit more throat hit. When I am playing with new mixes and flavors I use a 510LR atomizer and dripping....

18mg liquid (3mls) + Flash 10 drops (just under .5ml)---does help with the throat hit. Dripping 2 drops to the atomizer I get a nice addition to the throat hit, but as the liquid burns off (after about 3-4 hits) the throat hit becomes harsh and peppery. After adding another couple drops...good throat hit again. If I let the the liquid mostly burn from the atomizer...gets really harsh and actually makes me cough.

have to keep the atomizer pretty wet to maintain the throat hit without getting the harsh hit.

Same concoction + Ego Elegance clearomizer. Seems to work better in the clearomizer. The heating element stays wet enough to keep a balanced throat hit. Still get an occasional harsh/peppery throat hit...but doesn't make me cough.

Now....Flash + 0mg mix

Mix: 1ml PG, 1.5ml VG, 1.5ml Apple pie flavoring (Flavour Art) .5ml Flash (added a bit at a time until I hit .5ml)

Stopped adding the Flash at .5 ml...starting to get a bit to strong/peppery and had to add a bit more flavoring and VG.

Does add throat hit. again using a 510 LR atomizer and dripping. Very good flavor and good throat hit (not great, but good, especially for 0 nic) I really could vape this all day(I think..still playing).

Same Problem, as the liquid burns off, the throat hit gets really harsh and makes me cough. kinda like inhaling pepper.

Next step will be to add to my ego clearomizer (later today) and see how it holds up at 0mg.

Flash does have some potential...I did try it straight up and never again...way to harsh for me to vape straight.

In the near future I want to play with using a mix of flash + cinnamon and flash + menthol for throat hit.

Sorry the post is so long..... :baby:

good post. i won't be bothering with any of that stuff however. none of them replaces the th you can get from nicotine, they can "mimic" it, but not replace it.

i've finally dropped down from 24mg to 16-18mg to 12mg, i'll try to drop down to 6mg in a few months, but i don't think i'll go lower than that. i want to retain some th and i'm ok with taking in such a small amount of nicotine.

i'm sure the caffeine i get from the half a pot of coffee i drink every morning does my body more harm than the 12mg of nicotine i'll be consuming daily.

Yeah, I'm happily vaping at 12mg with the perfect amount of TH for me.

Interesting finds there Kitsune! I too am a menthol fan... and add some to nearly every juice.

(except for my beloved Bounty Hunter, it has plenty of TH at 12mg!)

Edited by DAYVAPE

Mind you....I have no intention to change my nicotine level. have used 18mg for the last 2+ years and am happy there.

I play with 0 nic just in case the impossible happens and the world runs out of nicotine.....My way, way, way backup plan. I know for a fact I can never go back to smoking (smoked for 30 years) and I can never(possibly never) give up vaping.

my second reason, is occasionally I have a liquid that needs a bit more something and usually its throat hit...sometimes I just add more nicotine or add a bit of flavoring.

adding menthol though is a must for me....I love the coolish throat hit it gives. Dayvape knows what I mean.

One thing I've heard and tried myself that wasn't mentioned is using a little pure grain alcohol, everclear or vodka(PGA or EC has come up in past conversations). I have no conclusions except that too much makes for a scratchy, hoarse, undesirable TH. Mabey in the correct ratios any number and combinations of ingredients mentioned in this thread could make a pleasant TH in juice that is lacking. Or mabey all it takes is one(or more) specific artificial ingredients to do the trick. This is what I think Flash is but I don't think there's a way to know what exactly what kind of ingredients it is or if it's the best way to do it. I believe that more secrets will come out over time. Halo has just released(or just about to) 0 nic juice. I'll bet they are on the cutting edge on this subject because I believe they have the resourses and the best lab techs, etc. of any USA juice suppliers. Just my opinion, because of several conversations with them. Kistune's findings are very interesting to a lot of vapers and mabey she's on to something that even the best juice makers don't know or are trying to keep a secret. Keep up the good work!

I have diluted the 0 nic solution (with the flash) a bit more and It really does seem to work pretty well. I have been using it most of today and enjoying it. The apple pie flavor is really good at 0mg.

A little of this stuff goes a very long way.