Looking For A Vv Passthru That I Saw Somewhere?

OK, I'm thinking I saw a review of a VV passthru that went above 5V, I think it was a little box with a slide adjustment to increase in the voltage, but I can't seem to remember where I saw it. If this rings any bells, please let me know.

http://www.adafruit.com/products/184 For $15.00 bucks you can't go wrong with this,Will work with any 5 volt pass through you have or build "Onboard potentiometer for adjusting voltage from 1.25V up to within 0.5V of the input voltage. (20V max)"Which means if you put 20.5 volts in you can get up to 20 volts out.I put 6 volts into mine which means I could go to 5.5 ,but I have settled on 4 volts.Very easy to build and the people who sell it have a support network.

I put mine in a plastic project box and put a USB jack on the side so I can plug in cell phones or passthroughs.I had a 18 volt wall wart on it at first but since I keep it dialed down to 4 or 5 volts it got pretty hot so I switched to the 6 volt wall wart and it works very good.It is supposed to get hot that is why the heat sink is on it but heat means wasted electricity.You could also plug it into the 12 volt conveinience outlet in your vehicle with a lighter adapter.

Edited by mcquinn

I found a VV device that plugs into my car lighter. 3,6,9 and 12v. I made a conection holder out of wood and added a button. It works awsome on 6v and regular-like on 3v. Don't know what it was from, I found it in a dumpster!