Dripping For Dummies

Deadpool809

Perhaps a dumb question, but if those parts get in the way - why do they include them in the first place?

i don't think it's a dumb question at all. i'm going to take a stab at it and guess that they're put their for the purpose that atty's were really meant to be used with cartridges. i'm assuming they help in the feeding process to get the liquid from the cartridges to the atty's coil. however since most cartridges are basically garbage people started dripping liquid directly on to the atomizer.

Well, I got my new Atty in, and I successfully debridged and dewicked it.

First attempt at dripping? It was fantastic! I can see why people seem to like it so much.

Then I got to the end of the juice in the coil, and got a nasty taste. So I put a couple more drops in.

Great for a few more pulls. Then nasty again. So I put more juice in.

Dead atty.

Yeah, I got 10 minutes out of a brand new atty.

I am less than impressed with direct dripping.

I assume I am sol, as I pulled the thing apart. And I did the procedure correctly.

In truth, while thus taste was better, having to add more juice constantly is not worth it. Cargoes sacrifice a tiny bit of taste for a lot of convienence...

Sent using tapatalk... so if something looks wrong, blame Autocorrect.

sucks man, sorry to hear your experience with dripping didn't go that well. i still plan on picking up a 510lr atty next week sometime but i think overall i'll come to the same conclusion as you.

carto's are just where it's at for me. i love em.

sucks man, sorry to hear your experience with dripping didn't go that well. i still plan on picking up a 510lr atty next week sometime but i think overall i'll come to the same conclusion as you.

carto's are just where it's at for me. i love em.

I took the plunge and ordered a few atomizers. We'll see.

Most everyone here knows that I used to be a die-hard carto user! I mean, I used to be 'anti-atty' for the most part, and I wasn't about to start using atty's again! Well, things have obviously changed for me, and I couldn't be happier about it. It didn't necessarily happen with me on my first or second attempt... but the fact is, it DID end up working and it's just another great way to enjoy vaping for me now. So, I will still say to you, I honestly still feel that if you were to keep trying different things something would eventually click for you. I know, you say you are totally happy with cartos and that you don't really care for atty's, and that may very well be the way it is for you. It was certainly like that for me for a long time actually... until I basically just got bored with cartos and felt like giving 'dripping' a go again. I am certainly happy that I did too... because it is my 'go to' thing now at home. That is not something you would have heard me say 3-4 months ago either! I don't know but with the new stuff that has come out lately like variable voltage, dripping atty's, drip shields, and drip tips(The Universal)... once I found the right combination of them it all just came together. I honestly DO NOT ever worry about flooding an atty anymore with my setup... and that is probably the thing that bugged me the most about dripping... never knowing how much juice was there or what was needed, and having juice spit back into my mouth while vaping. Now, I honestly drip 6-8 drops, and have enough vaping with that to satisfy me until I'm ready to pick it up again and repeat! Simple as that... no flooding or no dratty! Not no more!

Once again... You may be a carto user for life... but I too was one not so long ago and things have changed. Just keep that in mind, lol.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I think this is such a funny thread. I'm here sitting at the edge of my seat as if I'm looking at an old cowboy gunfight. My attys are coming in this week, very scary and very exciting, and I'm wondering which side I'm going to land on. Knowing me, I'll probably have uses for both, and not land on any side. But, it will be interesting!

Edited by Breal

And it may never change... but we can at least HOPE that it does, right? LOL.

That seems silly - why would you hope that my taste in vaping changes? LOL

Well, it looks like I am going to have to try again anyway. I ordered a drip shield and forgot about it. It is arriving in today's mail. Now I have to find another damned atty to at least use the thing once...