Brand New Ego -C

Still sounds like you may need to push the wick up in the atty.

When the tank is .50 or less full, the air vacume is more pronounced. Displacement has your air pushing much stronger on the wick and forcing the juice into atty cup. It almost sounds in this case......there is no wick at all (though we know there is).

Is this your first experience with e cig? Question is not meant to be disparaging at all.....but if so, you may need to take lighter and longer draws? This concept is quite the opposite of an analog. With ecigs, the lighter the draw, the better the hit. If your drawing this thing too hard, AND, the wick is too low in the spike.....this would bring on the problems you describe.

From the factory these things are not that far off, especially 3 out of 5 in a pack. Lets go backward and figure out what we might be doing. Before adjusting or messing with wicks, can you confirm the light and slow draw? Gurgling sound tends to be an indicator of hitting too hard.

Steady as she goes, and feather that accelerator?

Meanwhile, I'm shooting through e-liquid at a rapid rate without even vaping, and spending money on accessories (a case, the caps, new tanks, a syringe, etc) for something that may just be a piece of crap.

Frustrated.

Any other bright ideas out there? Help, please!

Buy low resistance cartomizers and atomizers

Tank systems(ego ones anyway)are an epic fail IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Buy low resistance cartomizers and atomizers

Tank systems(ego ones anyway)are an epic fail IMO.

True to a point. Kinda fed up with all of them at this point. Cartos have become a PITB and atties were always such. This tank combo is just a reflection of not going quite far enough. When it works, it's great.

Have moved on to another delivery device, but those who need troubleshooting with their purchase may still need assistance until the final choice is made. Just loaded 2 flanged 1.7 cartos in DCT tank today and both are fail. Had a couple of 2.0's last week which were not good.

In this case and thread.....it may be that a new vapor person is not hitting the device correctly and time will tell if it's the product, or adjustment in approach is required.

True to a point. Kinda fed up with all of them at this point. Cartos have become a PITB and atties were always such. This tank combo is just a reflection of not going quite far enough. When it works, it's great.

Have moved on to another delivery device, but those who need troubleshooting with their purchase may still need assistance until the final choice is made. Just loaded 2 flanged 1.7 cartos in DCT tank today and both are fail. Had a couple of 2.0's last week which were not good.

In this case and thread.....it may be that a new vapor person is not hitting the device correctly and time will tell if it's the product, or adjustment in approach is required.

How are cartos a pitb? Not saying you are wrong or anything just curious. Maybe I can help them be less of one.

Cartos are the easiest IMO. You fill em, vape em, and put 4 more drops in every half an hour or so.

i agree with Bob 100%.

carto's should be where every new vaper starts. fiddle/hassle free. dripping and tanks (atty/tanks and carto/tanks) should be held off until the user is at least comfortable with carto's first, that way they have a fail safe.

mommag i'd seriously recommend just picking up some boge lr 510 carto's. it's under ten bucks for a 5 pack and that can literally keep even a heavy vaper going for a few weeks.

re-visit the carto's at a later time.

Agree with Bob as well. However, this person is asking for help in a purchase already made....be it subject to scrutiny or no. Cartos are not perfect, atties are hit and miss, as are Ego C atties and tanks.

Point being....I've had cartos fail, atties junk, and all manner of things go wrong in QC and production. In this case....it could be a vapor person not hitting the device correctly. I figure it's a final attempt to assist without throwing away the purchased product. Your suggestion for future purchase are valid and most agreed upon.

I hate to see someone in distress with current vape equipment purchased. It could be we need to help a fellow vapor in not throwing money down the drain. It's most discouraging, and if we can get him/her though this impass and on to better things afterword? Gotta try?

Edited by maverick

I've had an Ego-C since December, and had nowhere near the leaking issues the OP has mentioned. I've noticed that when the tank gets really low, I've had a small amount of leaking down the outside of the cone. I also had some very slight leaking once when I filled a tank too full. I'm wondering if it could be either the cone, or the atty base not holding the atty correctly?

Agree with Bob as well. However, this person is asking for help in a purchase already made....be it subject to scrutiny or no. Cartos are not perfect, atties are hit and miss, as are Ego C atties and tanks.

Point being....I've had cartos fail, atties junk, and all manner of things go wrong in QC and production. In this case....it could be a vapor person not hitting the device correctly. I figure it's a final attempt to assist without throwing away the purchased product. Your suggestion for future purchase are valid and most agreed upon.

I hate to see someone in distress with current vape equipment purchased. It could be we need to help a fellow vapor in not throwing money down the drain. It's most discouraging, and if we can get him/her though this impass and on to better things afterword? Gotta try?

Sorry...i haven't read through this entire thread. The 3rd page i read made it seem to me like she had just about given up so i thought i would make some suggestions for an alternative to the tank system.

The only thing i can suggest on these is to try the ego c LR attys. I am not to fmmiliar with the ego tank systems beyond trying them a few times and not being a fan.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Don't think the tank is a problem for new vapors starting out, if everything works OK, and your a light to medium ex smoker. It's not for the heavy or hard hitting vapor person. For the latter, it would seem you need cartos, or even an atomizer. My experience with the LR C atty (being a medium/heavy vape person) is the wick does not feed the atty fast enough. If your not careful, the LR will eat up the fed juice and nasty things happen after that. They will also readily burn juices and I got rid of them in a hurry while ordering the SR version. (much better)

The Ego C is right on my borderline for vaping and I've not been satisfied with them in the long run. I've since moved on and will list the remaining parts in the classifieds. Would still give them an endorsement for light to medium vapors and they are stellar for those times used. Being I have to reach for something else during heavy use has me parting with them.

Edited by maverick

• 2 weeks later...

You do run through Ego-C attys at an alarming pace sometimes, and sometimes they last almost forever (3 weeks of heavy vaping). I vape the same juice, the same way, every day, and have noticed that the LR attys go at about the same pace as cartos, always hit or miss really. The attys are easy to clean for a 2nd run though through dry burn/boil/alcohol bath, much easier than cartos are at least.

Keep with the Ego-C in my opinion, but YOU MUST get a pack of cartos in case of failure. You cant let yourself get caught off guard with these little guys ;) The Ego-C is equally as reliable as cartos IMO, and about the same price, but with better flavor overall, cartos tend to get muted about a week in to them, I have never had a loss of flavor until my atty dies in my Ego-C.

Have you tried punching a hole through the soft bottom caps like I orginally sugested?

My experience with the eGo C still has no leaking issues even with the hard plastic tank caps and after many refills. I am using a silicone one now and am having some issues. When the tank is full I've been getting dry hits. Another thing is that the cap is much more difficult to put on. I know it's suggested not to fill the tank to the top but I always did with the hard cap and had no problems. I'm going back to the hard cap because it works fine for me and it's easier. Also I haven't had issues when the juice is low either. There were a couple of times that it leaked for whatever reason but for the most part it works for me like it's designed to from begining to end. There are enough parts in this e-cig to make diagnosing a problem difficult. That's why I wouldn't recomend it to anyone but at the same time I like it very much for myself. Mabey it's not the tank cap that's causing leaking problems for some vapers, mabey it's the way the heating coil sits in the base or something. I don't know because I haven't had these problems.

Same Mike. The C has run great for me since I picked it up as my first serious vaping device. Full, empty, it always runs well.

If something ever starts to taste bad, switch it out, and it fires great right after.

I start with my atty, then the tank I am using, and that has always fixed it right up.

I received my ego-c last week and the biggest problem I had was always getting a inconsistent taste maybe a little burnt and sometimes dry.

I did two things to improve 1- took my atty and cleaned in a cup of hot water(like it say in manual) and let sit a few and then rinsed (repeated). 2- made sure when puncturing that had a good hole in tank and punctured piece was cleared. With the silicone cap I actually pushed a small screw driver into it to oversize hole.

So that being said even increasing the hole size I still have no leaks not a drop.