Noob Greetings

MadKat

Hi everyone. My name is Kathryn and I'm new to the world of e-cigs. Got a little pink e-cig from a Smoke Free kiosk at the mall Sunday a week ago, and despite the fact that I've since discovered there are cheaper and better pv's out there (been hanging around ECF), I'm LOVING it! I'm IMPATIENTLY waiting for my KGO, ribbon drip tip, 2.0 ohm low resistance 510 cartomizer.(single coil) 5 pack and 2 little bottles of e-juice from Hoosier Supply to get here. I've realized trying to keep up my supplies with the company I bought from originally is going to just be too expensive, so I switched :) I've learned a little as I read, but I'm hoping to learn more!

This forum is so much easier to navigate than the other I've been hanging out on, so I'll probably be here lots!

Meh...i like ecf(got a feed glv) but this is a tighter knit community. Ecf is huge and it gets boring reading a OMFG LOLZWHATECIGSHOODIBYE! thread every 30 seconds lol.

Don't get me wrong... i don't mind those threads but it seems like that is 50% of the content on ecf.

Congrats on the kgo. It is an awesome PV! Let us know if you need help with anything.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

LOL, I love that first shipment excitement :animier:

Welcome to Vapor talk...we keep it much more family oriented and as useful as we can....we do occasionally get derailed :turned:

I started with ECF, but I stay here. much more pleasant and plenty of info. I mostly rely on our many talented surfers to dig up new and cool stuff.

Let us know soon what you think of you new stuff, and ask any questions you need.

BTW, Welcome

Yes, I saw a post by bobthesalesclerk in Tips for Noobs, VERY straight to the point and appreciated! LOL! Thanks guys! Loving it so far...dripped two flavors (first time I ever tried the drip method) to taste test and like both. French Vanilla Coffee and Candy Cane. Now trying to decide which to put in the cartomizer ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

OH! Little info book says to charge first time for 8 hours even though the light may be green...are they sure? I don't want to burn out any batteries sooner than they need to be. One's charging and I'm using the other right outta the box. WOOHOO!

i've never personally followed that rule, just about every manufacturer recommends it but i remember reading an article about lithium ion battery's awhile back and it clearly stated that was NOT how li ion batts actually work. but, i don't suppose it would hurt. they usually just never come fully charged right outta the box.

Yes, I saw a post by bobthesalesclerk in Tips for Noobs, VERY straight to the point and appreciated! LOL! Thanks guys! Loving it so far...dripped two flavors (first time I ever tried the drip method) to taste test and like both. French Vanilla Coffee and Candy Cane. Now trying to decide which to put in the cartomizer

Thanks for the warm welcome!

OH! Little info book says to charge first time for 8 hours even though the light may be green...are they sure? I don't want to burn out any batteries sooner than they need to be. One's charging and I'm using the other right outta the box. WOOHOO!

Batteries will normally come with some charge to them and are fine to use out of the box. There is a right way to do it and a reason behind charging before using first. It is called spot charging and you should do this with any battery with a protection circuit first time.

Charge until full, remove from charger, put them back on the charger until the light turns green again and repeat this 5 times or so, fully discharge the battery until the light blinks, fully recharge the battery.

This sets up the battery and gives you the longest life time. If you don't do this its not a big deal...i can never wait either lol.

I'm glad you found my post helpful and Congrats on the new kit! If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

tried that and the light was green every time I put it back on the charger....so I put the one I ws using straight out of the box onto the charger and now I'll work on FULLY discharging this battery before recharging ;) So much fun!

One more question...should I always put the same flavor into the cartomizer or will the flavor burn off and I can add another flavor to the carto then? And how long can I keep using the same cartomizer before I need to throw it away?

how long you can use the carto is completely dependent on how much you vape. you might only get a week out of a carto, you might get two weeks.

basically when the draw of the carto starts getting tight, or when it starts tasting burnt or nasty at all just throw it out. you can boil them to clean them out but imho it's not worth it. carto's are cheap. i generally get a full week out of one of mine, vaping about 2-2.5mls a day. i get more time out of my larger carto's but for now let's just say generally about a week of good solid use.

you can always add new flavors to a current flavor carto, but you want to make sure the flavors will "work" together. for example, vanilla and caramel or something would probably be a good combo, menthol and caramel, probably not so good.

ok...I'll assume it will be good for one week then because it's a new toy and I can't put it down!

I get about a week per carto but i use reallllly thick juice(100%VG). The ammount of time a carto lasts depends on a few things

1. Quality of the cartomizer - my rule of thumb is if the connection is silver its good lol. I have gotten 2 packs of cartos with gold or copper ends and they were TERRIBLE

2. Juice thickness - the thicker the juice the more gunked up they get

3. How wet you keep it- the higher the voltage the quicker they dry out. I top off my cartos constantly and get good life. If the filler on top is dry add 4-6 more drops around the edges of the carto...try not to get juice in the center tube but if you do no biggie.

Cartos can last a few days or a few weeks depending on how you use them. If the draw starts to get bad or the flavor is off toss it. I have successfully cleaned cartos by boiling them but they need atleast 2 days to dry and its more of a pain than its worth.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

Hmmm...so when i woke up this morning I topped off the carto and when I went to vape it spit e-juice into my face! What's up with THAT? I don't think I overfilled it as it wasn't pooling on the top of the filler. Also I noticed last night that I seem to need to top off the carto fairly often as it dries out quickly. I used the condom method to fill it and then topped off the top of it before using. Any helpful hints there? The smoke free brand pre- filled carto lasted all day so I'm a little confused. I've already used about 1/4 of a 10 ml bottle of e-juice!

Thanks!

Edited by MadKat

I am in no way a carto expert....others will be along soon. It does sound like its too dry. Try adding liquid a few drops at a time to the filler, let settle....keep adding until the filler is wet again.

the low ohm carto's will use more juice than a standard resistance carto faster. just get a good initial fill, and then top off regularly, if i'm vaping alot i usually have to top off with 3 or 4 drops every half hour or so.

I didn't miss it...it was $5.00 per pack. Oh well....I'm not going to sweat it ;) Thanks for the greetings Viper!

Figured it out! It didn't want me to ad the $ sign in the box :D I DEFINITELY have not saved any money...spent well over $200 so far on my new hobby. UGH! I know it's just startup costs though and I'm happy. We'll be eating ramen noodles this week. LOL!

Edited by MadKat

ahhh...so a 2.0 ohm low resistance carto will take more refills then? Should I get different cartos next time I order?

the lower the resistance of a carto/atty the more power it draws from the battery. a lower resistance carto/atty will give you a warmer, thicker vapor so if you like the vape your'e getting from it stick with it. personally i prefer lr carto's as opposed to sr (standard resistance) ones on a lower voltage battery.

you'll get a good thick, warm vapor from the lr carto's but yes since they draw more power they will run through more juice than a sr carto. kind of a double edged sword but worth it in my opinion.

Glad you fixed your banner...you will be amazed at how much you will save in the end.

I spent alot the first 6 months....went a bit vape crazy !!!

Currently I keep my spending to 1/2 of what I would be spending smoking. I know for a fact I would still be smoking if I hadn't found vaping. Currently in Hawaii, a pack of cigarettes is 8-9$ per pack....carton is 75.00. Gives me a decent working budget for vaping toys and necessary supplies.

I love my banner !!!