Mike's Bakery

Mike

Sure is nice to do some DIY again. I got a few flavors from Blue Mist and I already have a bunch of other miscilaneous flavors. I mixed up some "Cake Batter" and some "Danish Pastry". They came out really good right away. I wonder how it might change after they steep for a couple days. Can't wait to try some other flavors and to tweek things.

My target nic. level is 12%-15%. I have been vaping a 50/50 VG/PG but I put 25% VG for starters. I think less VG will give better flavor. I've got a lot of experimenting to do.

I chose bakery flavors because I want to distant myself from Tobacco flavors and straight up fruit flavors are not to my liking. All I need now is a good Coffee/espressso DIY Flavor to go with my pastries. I did get "Frothy Toffee Coffee" from Blue Mist but I doubt it's what I'm looking for in a coffee but who knows, time will tell.

I really like Flavour Arts Tiramisu and Coffee espresso flavorings. I use their coffee espresso in a lot of my DIY. Great with the Flavour Art Apple pie too.

I have tried a few coffee flavorings and I always come back to flavour art for coffee.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/ very good prices too. Also am in love with the flavor west butterscotch from ecigexpress.

diy is fun i kinda started in reverse ordered a sample pack of tobacco flavors then before they were even gone I started diy first week in. 5 months later still love it.I get my flavors from here http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/ they are very good over there customer sevice rocks, they stuck with me and helped me get my mixes on the right track. also http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/ has decent prices on nicotine. and its lab certified.

Thanks kitsune and mega for you're helpfull info. This is fun and enjoyable, especialy when you create something you like. So far, so good with my latest tries. I liked a flavor that I thought was a long shot and the ones that aren't so good still have potential. My goal is to have at least a half dozen flavors that are made to perfection to my own liking. I'll share my recipes when I think they can't get any better...but it's gonna take quite a while. Vape on!

Here's the follow up to my my DIY. I got these flavors from Blue Mist which I've heard mixed reviews on. The flavors I got are:

Danish Pastry

Cookies n' Cream

Peanut Butter cup

Beigian Waffle

Cinnabun

Cake Batter

Maple Pancake

Frothy Toffee Coffee

Brown Sugar

I eventually did a quick mix on all these and got surprising results. I wasn't absolutely accurate but I tried to put just under 20% of flavor in and about 75pg/25vg and about 14 mg strong in all. To my surprise, all were at a good flavor level except 2 and all vaped good with flavor that matches the decription.

Frothy Toffee Coffee and Peanut Butter cup were too strong and needed less flavoring imo. The ones that I like more are Cookies and Cream which has a uniqe flavor which is yummy, Danish Pastry which tastes like real bakery stuff and not too strong and Cinabun which is not over run by the taste of cinamin--you can taste the bun! Belgain Waffle is very good also and just a hint of maple, the waffle stands out for sure. I put a couple of drops of strawbery I had kickin around and Strawberry Waffle is very good.

One thing they all had in common was they all needed to steep for a couple days. There was a noticable undesirable taste to all of them after the first shake but it disapeared after a day and certainlly after 2.

I'm happy with this order and the service was quick. I have some keepers here and I don't have to improve much on them. I have to give them thumbs up cuz I have no complaints.

I know I said I was going to distance myself from tobacco flavors and I haven't had any in 4 months but I think I'm gonna shorten that distance cuz all this pastry stuff is giving me a tobacco craving again! Till next time, Happy Vaping.

hey if you need pg go down to tractor supply on bay st i think bay st in bj's plaza you can get a gallon for 19.99. tried it good quality. its in the back right corner of that store. lol bottom shelf

Edited by mega

The one thing I have found....as soon as I have found a flavor I love, I have to tinker with it a bit more. My taste buds seem to get bored easily !!!

Heres one of my go to favorites

2.5ml PG(or VG) 36mg

1.5ml Flavour Art apple pie

.2 ml Flavour Art Coffee espresso

.2 Marshmallow (Perfumers Apprentice or Lorann)

.3 Cinnamon (FlavourArt or Perfumers Apprentice)

Figured it might fit in the bakery.....

Very cool recipie, Do you have a name for it?

2.5ml of pg and 2.2 ml of combined flavors? That's a very high flavor %, is that right?

Edited by Mike

I vape all bakery flavors, no tobaccos either. If you want a good strong cappuccino flavor, Dawn at diyflavorshack makes a good strong one. I have put chocolate in it to tame it down.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Chocolate in my cappuccino and Kistune's Apple Crisp are definately on my to do list. So is adding a dash of this and a drop of that to what I have and see what happens. This is way too much fun....

TFA coffee clear is really strong. 1 drop to like 10ml is enough.
I have a 30ml bottle of.that crap. LOL

Everytime I open up my DIY box, that's what I smell and I have 3 baggies wrapped around it.

I could never get it to work and taste good. I ended up pif'ing some and making my own coffee extract.

For me TFA coffee is a bit too strong....has a weird after taste for me. Its why I always go back to flavour art coffee espresso, also clear, but has a smoother flavor to it.

@ Mike....DIY never gets boring....I love changing flavors and adding this, that and the other thing...however, when I finally do hit a really great flavor, I no long know whats in it. :wallbash:

Apple Crumb Cake

Apple - CK products

Cake Batter - Blue Mist

Marshmallow - Loranne's

Frothy Toffy Coffee - Blue Mist

Cinnamon - Lorane's

Until I pick up some FArt and PA and other things I gotta make due with what I've got. This is not bad at all but I wouldn't bring it to a bake-off. The CK products I use work really well but more often than not the flavors are better suited for a candy shop. I bought these and Loranne's off the shleves in town a long time ago and am determined to use them.

I use a few LA's. My favorite is Bavarian cream, butter rum & eggnog

Did you combine these flavors together or do you like them each on thier own? I can think of some combo's of these that might work, Thanks for the idiea!

Did you combine these flavors together or do you like them each on thier own? I can think of some combo's of these that might work, Thanks for the idiea!

24mg

10ml final

80 drops 60mg Nic juice(i used PG based)

4 drops PG

54 drops VG

25 drops LA Butter Rum

20 drops 10% LorAnn Eggnog

5 drops LA Bavarian Cream

11 drops Flavor Apprentice Whipped Cream

another variation is i took out 5 drops of butter rum and replaced it with Kentucky Bourbon

The Bavarian cream I could vape by itself. 20% flavoring all vg with a little EM and PGA

so many flavors and so many options !!

The crumb cake sounded good.

I was trying to make your Apple Crisp with what I had. I used similar flavor ratios.

I have most of the ingredients to bambsbbq's recipie and I think that's something I might like. Put that on my to do list also!