Disposable Battery? Cheapest Options.

sasetrase

I am in need of a disposable or cheap battery...

I am going in for surgery on the 24th of February for a Total Hip Replacement, and I know the hospital will NOT ENJOY me vaping in my hospital bed, but I will require vaping...I am sure of it.

I would like to use my cartos there, but I would rather it not be a huge financial loss when I do have them taken away if I do not get them back. I will also need extras. With my VV Tube and 2 650's I cannot really lose these, but maybe there is a super cheap 510 battery I could use?

Cartos are all 510 style and I don't need, or rather I know I won't get, quality batteries but something cheap and that I could deal with the loss of should I not ever see it again. I would probably need to get 10 of these to be sure that I have enough for 3 days in my bed while I recover from the surgery.

Maybe pick up a few of the cheapo Kr808's or something...but I would need something that actually produces vapor, and if I were to have them after the surgery, I would like whatever option I do pursue to actually benefit me with my vaping in the future maybe? I might be asking for too much here.

Any suggestions?

Edited by sasetrase

Good luck with the hip replacement sasetrase! I feel your pain, I need both hips and both knees replaced. I'd go crazy without my Ecig while in the hospital. Let us know how you are! Get well soon! :)

solid. thanks for the help guys. simply not used to the disposable scene. i got an apollo with my vtube, since they are free with the 60 dollar purchase, and it works amazinly well. anyone able to compare these types to an ego with an LR carto? how much of a reduction is it in vapor reduction?

I only wonder because if I am vaping 100% of the time, chain vaping to get my fix, they are sure to notice vs. my ego where i only hit it about 3-5 times in 10-20 mins.

I will just get them all and experiment i suppose. i love experimenting.

Edited by sasetrase

14. The use of nicotine products (i.e., cigarettes, cigars, gums, or patches) has been shown to increase risk of complications following surgery. They can inhibit bone and wound healing by decreasing blood flow to the surgical site. They can also increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT, a.k.a. blood clots). Please discuss smoking cessation with your doctor.

This noise truth?!?! With the whole nicotine constricting blood vessels thing I get it...maybe I will have to lay off for a few days until I get back on my feet...

14. The use of nicotine products (i.e., cigarettes, cigars, gums, or patches) has been shown to increase risk of complications following surgery. They can inhibit bone and wound healing by decreasing blood flow to the surgical site. They can also increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT, a.k.a. blood clots). Please discuss smoking cessation with your doctor.

This noise truth?!?! With the whole nicotine constricting blood vessels thing I get it...maybe I will have to lay off for a few days until I get back on my feet...

dead on I thought I heard this before in a story about a guy that was hit by a car and bleeding bad, he looked screamed rolled around for a min.then smoked a butt waiting for emt's to show, when they got there they said the cig saved his life because he shoulda bleed out. I alays thought the story was bs now I kinda belive it.

grrrrr why does it do a double quote.

Yeah, I don't intend to vape MORE in the hospital, I just don't want to be out 40 bucks when they confiscate my Ego because I won't listen to them and stop vaping... Then again I will probably be pretty hopped up on morphine for the first 8-12 hours so I doubt I will care a whole lot. Thanks for the help guys!

In all honesty man, it is probably best to leave the PV at home.

You are going in for fairly major surgery, and the last thing your body needs is another drug in the mix. Smokers undergo surgery all the time, and have to go without their fix for several days. It isn't the easiest thing in the world, but you are in a hospital. It is probably wiser to go without.

any cheap 510 type would work great....pretty cheap these days.

As a nurse, you really shouldn't have too much trouble. we are getting more and more vapers. Most nurses are fine with it. I haven't heard of any being confiscated. Just let them know up front and it should be fine.

Funny, just had a patient a couple days ago that had been vaping all week and the nurses were good about it.....all non smokers.

Sorry about the hip....I am actually an ortho nurse...you will do great. ask for pain meds when you need them, be out of bed as much as possible. first couple days will be pretty rough, but then it will get better each day !!!

You really shouldn't have any trouble vaping, especially if you let the nurses know up front. If any have trouble, stealth vape.....

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Really appreciate the help.

@ Kit- Kinda neat that your are an ortho nurse and vape, and it just so happens that I am a vaper going for arthroplasty of teh hip. Just curious how small a world it is with THE INTERNET!

They have you walking way sooner than you would expect and it is not that bad .The Physical terrorists Therapists are awesome and they are not trying to kill you .It just seems that way.

All of us the medical profession have a few sadistic tenancies.... Just remember to be very, very, very nice to your nurses...they are the ones with the good drugs !!! And power over your vaping !!! We really like chocolate.....

I always marvel at how small this world is at times.

your nurses are idiots !!! My last hospital was good...Then again most of the them new I vaped and figured it was cool. Seems to be pretty accepted here in Hawaii.

Had a nicotine test for hire, tested positive (hadn't stopped vaping), They asked if I smoked, told them no, I use an electronic cigarette instead of patch or gum and they were good with that....maybe there is hope for the planet yet. :baby: