Wood Tube Mod

whokrz

They will be made with 14650 and 18650 tubes/cones. The riva was just a test to see how it would look on a battery, sorry for the confusion.

They are very similar to how I turn a pen. Here is a link.

http://gentrywoodturning.com/cms.php?id_cms=7

Step 6 and 7 are skiped because bushings are not sold for these tubes. Bushings act as a guide while turning a pen blank these are just turned by eye.

If people knew the actual work that goes into these, They might have a better appreciation. But, I also understand their point of view as well. Might be why I don't sell many pens--LOL.

I think hand turned items just sell to people that want them bad enough and have the money all at the same time. I can honestly say that I don't make enough money to buy my pens (construction worker). I have to sell them so I can buy more parts to make them again and supprt the addiction. Luckly I make them so I can afford to keep a few. :D

They will be made with 14650 and 18650 tubes/cones. The riva was just a test to see how it would look on a battery, sorry for the confusion.

http://gentrywoodtur...ms.php?id_cms=7

Step 6 and 7 are skiped because bushings are not sold for these tubes. Bushings act as a guide while turning a pen blank these are just turned by eye.

http://gentrywoodtur...ms.php?id_cms=7

oh I know exactly how much work is involved. thats why i prolly will make one myself, I wouldnt ask anyone to work a ton of hours on something to go into daily use.

oh I know exactly how much work is involved. thats why i prolly will make one myself, I wouldnt ask anyone to work a ton of hours on something to go into daily use.

Mark and I are not trying to be rude. This is just how turning on a lathe for a hobby is. I enjoy spending tons of hours turning and I am sure Mark does as well. Some of my work is displayed as art and some of it is used. I actually like to see what I make in use instead of collecting dust.

Mark and I are not trying to be rude. This is just how turning on a lathe for a hobby is. I enjoy spending tons of hours turning and I am sure Mark does as well. Some of my work is displayed as art and some of it is used. I actually like to see what I make in use instead of collecting dust.

not being rude at all, i know alot of people that would just put it on a shelf, not me id use the hell outta it. just yall got it alot easier, you have a lathe oh do i need one so bad. I like turning wood its fun.

For the 18650 users that want a acrylic tube mod madvapes is now carrying a few different ones. For the price they are selling it for I won't be turning mine in acrylic, just the burl

http://www.madvapes.com/Patriot-Acrylic-Tube-Mod_p_3503.html

Britvapes looks like they will be selling a wood tube mod soon. It is about $70 and runs a 18650. Hopefully their finish is good enough to keep the e-liquid from staining.

http://www.britvapes.co.uk/Hand_carved_18650_wooden_mod/p1204754_5564919.aspx

For people that want a lathe but don't have a lot of money.

They requirements are that you must have good hand/eye/.....foot cordination and you profecient with a bow.

http://wimp.com/chesspieces/

With this setup he uses a skew chisel faster and better than I do on a power lathe.

Just thought I would pass along what i thought is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a few updates. These are 14650 E-power tubes and cones. Sorry it took so long life has been busy.

IMG_3445a.JPG

Stabilized madrone burl

IMG_3444a.JPG

Stabilized redwood burl

They will be for sale at some point but not threw me. This way your package will mailed to you much faster and with better customer service than I can offer.

It will also allow me to turn on the lathe more so hopefully there will not be a waiting list like some other mods.

These will also be produced on more modular battery units. I will let everyone know what they are when I am positive that they are practical to turn.

Lewis

Any possibility of being able to do this at 5 volts?

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

It really depends if it is possible on the other units. From what I have read it is possible to stack batteries in one of them to get around 5v. On liberty-flights site there is a 5v e-power but I don't know how the tube is designed yet or if I will be able to get tubes for them. I hope it will be possible but I don't want to say yes and not be able to do it.

Any possibility of being able to do this at 5 volts?

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Today I received a XL3 from discountvapers. The XL3 is a VV 3.0v-4.2v 18650. It looks like it will be possible to turn wood on that tube.

On there forum http://discountvapers-com.2303315.n4.nabble.com/XL3-td4121876.html

Posted by dowtort

Just FYI, that XL3 will take 2 CR123a batteries. It's not just that it will "tolerate" the higher voltage, it'll actually give you one more (green) voltage choice... on mine, green is around 5V.

dowtort is not the owner of discountvapers. I also do not know enough about electronics to say this is safe or not. I just thought the information may help to answer your question.

I really like the contests here so one will be donated to the forum, although I am not sure how I go about doing that.

I will just be donating the wood tube/cone. I will not be running the contest. The person running the contest will be donating other parts and fluid. He is on the ECF and not this forum. Because of this the contest will be on the ECF.

I assume most people are already on both forums. For those who are not on both I figured I would give them a heads up. The ECF is setup where you have to post 5 times before you can post in other threads which sucks.

This is not meant to draw people away from this forum to the ECF. I personally like this forum better as it is much more laid back with its regulations.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause people who would like to participate in the contest.

Lewis

boo to ecf!

You are more than welcome to have a contest here whokrz :)

I didn't think anyone would really care where the contest was held.

I was obviously wrong. :yes

I am talking with Eric at discountvapers.com about having the contest on his discountvapers facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DiscountVaperscom/130998956980631

I think everyone except me is on facebook. Hopefully this will allow everyone to participate with out any forum or group feeling excluded.

It will be at least a few weeks before the contest and it will be announced on both forums.

Currently Eric is taking care of issues with the payment processors which is taking a lot of his time.

When I have contest updates I will post them.

There are pictures of more wood tubes on discountvapers.com. They are not made by me, but they guy making them also does very nice work. In the future my work will also be sold at the same site.

Lewis

I turned three more on Thursday.

IMG_3449.JPG

Top-left is a XL3 variable voltage 18650 in maple

Top-right is a XL3 mini VV 18350 in brown ebony

Center is E-power 14650 tube and cone in redwood burl

i really like the e power one nice grain but there all very nice good work. alot better than the ones i did lol.

Thanks i also really like the burls.

Did you get your hands on a wood lathe?

Any pictures of the ones you made?