Ordered My Lavatube, Cannot Wait, But New To 510/dripping.

sasetrase

Recently ordered my Lavatube, Should be on its way soon ;) Will keep you all posted on experiences/results ;)

I will be brand new to the 510 setup, having only used my Ego-C before, so I will post a full review on it as a complete newbie to the setup, although not to vaping. Hopefully it will help some out there make their decisions on VV vaping.

You will love VV vaping !!! My preference is 510 atty and dripping....best flavor for me and great throat hit. If you run into trouble ask away. I do like the Tube tank...sold by volcano, works great on my ego, but I am certain it would be amazing on the Lavatube...I've seen it in action.

I think you will like your new toy.

7ml or 4ml would you suggest? I figure the 4 would probably be enough as I don't go through THAT Much vapor at a time.

What the hell is the tube sock they are wanting me to pick up with it? Is it just a carrying case/cover for the tank?

As far as carts go for it, what options are available there? Is it just like a boge you stick in there after punching it? or do they corner the market and only allow you to use their size carts?

Also, thank you Kit. You have been extremely helpful in all of my vaping endeavours.

Edited by sasetrase

I am always glad to help when I can. I was once the noobie and had tons of questions.

The tube sock is a metal piece that fits between the tank and the battery to give a flush look.

The 2nd pic shows the tube sock...its an optional item. The pictures are with an ego, but the principal is the same.

4ml lasts me a couple days usually. Just make sure to order extra of the inner cartomizer piece(tube tank cartomizer piece)....the plastic part can be used over, but the cartimizer will burn out eventually or if you want to change flavors.

The lava tube will also fit any 510 atty, cartomizer, tank etc. and like wise the tube tank will fit any 510 compatible battery, such as the ego.

Clear as mud?

Clear, so I have to use the cartomisers from volcano then? Are there any other options or do they work quite well? 1.5 dual or do you use the 3.0 single? I think I could get more vapor out of the 3.0 single in theory, but who knows till I try it ;)

EDIT: Out of stock on the refil cartomizers...sad day.

Edited by sasetrase

As far as I can tell, only their cartomizers work with their tank....not too expensive. I have only used the 3.0. Im still new to the tank thing. But its the only thing I have stuck with for more thsn a few days.....other than dripping. The tank cartomizer loses flavor...but still good throat hit and vapor. Great for when I can't drip

Awesome. Any tips for dripping? I have never done it before and when I get my lavatube/510atty/drip tip is it pretty straightforward or should I pull up some youtube vids? Maybe I am just anxious...

sorry about the late response...work got in the way.

No great secrets dripping. I usually drip 4-5 drops to a new atty...vape, if getting a burned taste add another drop and then 2 drops at a time. 2 drops is good for 4-5 draws for me. More than that has a tendency to flood the atty. You can usually tell if the atty is flooded....will be really gurgely or Just lacking a hit. to fix flooding....blow in and suck out on the atty a couple times until the vapor picks up. another tip: make sure the atty isn't getting too hot, should be warm to touch but not hot, if hot...give a bit to cool down.

getting a drip tip?

all i gotta say is dont ovver drip. you might be wanting to keep hitting it and hitting it. bad idea lol. im new to dripping and the taste is awsome. just dont over do it.

I have a few drip tips/510 attys coming, what is the life of a typical 510? I am hoping the 510/dripping will work better with my higher VG liquids than my ego-C tank system or carts. Bobas is great, but jams those up pretty hard.

Any specific differences between drip tips? I have a few soft ones and a few acryllic ones coming just for fun, I think? Haven't gotten on the tank train yet as I am still learning and I don't seem to have to refill cartos too much as I am using Ego Dual Coils and they hold plenty, and when switching between two they last quite some time. I don't think I will really need a tank. Although I am sure I will get one, or a few...I want A Jonboyusmc tank just for fun, but they are quite hard to obtain...

Will post back with my experience once the LT arrives!

Also, new favorite liquid website! Sweet-vapes.com! This place is amazing. Picked up their blueberry cheesecake in double flavor 24mg, and the throat hit is rediculous. I cannot believe the flavor and power packed into it.

Edited by sasetrase

a drip tip is a drip tip just diff materials and shape/size are only differences

if regular cartos are working fine for you don't worry about tanks, they're for people who vape basically nonstop. This way they don't have to cntinually fill. Great if you chainvape, but if not more of a hassle than its worth imho.

as far as dripping goes give it a shot, some love it some hate it. I personally HATE regular atty's and dripping. But that's personal opinion.

just my .02

Sounds like you are on the right track all the way around !!! as you know, I love dripping, it really is my sweet spot. For some insane reason and need to buy stuff....I can never leave well enough alone. Its all about finding what works.

cant wait to hear how things go with dripping and you lavatube :animier:

lavatube has been here for about two days now. I am loving it. i use a 3 ohm 510 atty and drip, which is much easier than i thought. deliciousness is all i can say. i have een whipping up my own liquids. look for a guide post i will be writing in the diy section soon, along with many recipes ;). the LT is ezactly what i needed. hassle free, great setup. it just works. clicky button and easy adjustments. i highly reccomend it to anyone. excellent product at a great price. you have not experienced high vg liquids correctly until you vape them at high voltage for the warm volumeous flavor. amazing. any hesitation about getting a vv device should be quashed. just do it as it is well worth it.

I am so glad you are loving your new device. Its amazing what a difference finding the right set up can make.

And then of course theres DIY....I love DIY. I'm finally getting a bit more time to play with some new flavors.

Happy Vaping and Merry mixing.

LT mini is now slowly getting seasoned with dripping and some cartos. I still love my EGO, and wouldn't suggest starting with a VV device, but it is a fine addition for when I am just sitting about and want to really tinker. If you aren't a tinkerer(er?) don't expect to love dripping.

LT is excellent. Exactly what I wanted/needed/expected. Stable and simple enough.

A good question I have come up with, what is the use of a drip shield? Is it something I should pick up? I do get quite a bit of leakage with dripping. I drip at about 4.2V with a 3.0ohm 510 atty for my fruity flavors, but get more dry/burnt hits than I would like and end up dripping 2 drops and get leakage. Any thoughts on what could help me out? I have the bridge in the atty, is this something I should remove?

Glad you are liking you LT !! Removing the bridge doesn't help leaking. a bit of leaking has always been a problem with dripping. I find I have more leakage when I am dripping too often. Liquid does build up quickly with dripping.

I'm interested to hear if anybody has used the drip shield......

If you look at some of the other posts I made the past 2 days... I'm not really liking my lava tube. I got mine in on Thursday. I won't go into long detail why I don't like it, because I've posted it several times in other places... but in short, battery life is horrible (not sure if I have a bad batt), and it regulates my attys/cartos far below at what I should be vaping... i..e my 2.5 ohm carto should be vaped at 6v... On my LT it won't go above 4.9..... So my 1.7ohm resurrector on my ego batt is more satifying than my 2.5ohm on my LT at 4.9 volts.... ARGGG.

Love the variety that dripping gives me, recently found Crystal clear vaping, who offers cartos at DIRT CHEAP bulk pricing, with free shipping, So I will be grabbing ressurectors and boge LR carts for the first time soon. Excited. I crushed a box of SmokTech EMDCC's this past week. I have been vaping the mass produced Nport, I have 200mL of it, and it is the closest thing I have found to my old habit, so I keep going back to it in a carto due to ease of use. I cannot find another Tobacco menthol that does justice to my old habit besides this one.

I have been out of my ego-C attys for awhile, will probably pick some more up shortly with my next order of my favorite menthol juice that I apparently cannot replicate...trying to replicate juices is TOUGH...but I have managed to make a few good ones ;) Turns out I am a fruity type of guy more than Tobacco, and I have no idea what I am going to do with my Brandy and Abisinte flavorings I picked up...made juices with them...and I still have a solid 4.5 mL of each left after tying them a bit. Booze flavors are not for me, but they do taste EXACTLY like the real things.

Loving the LT/Dripping. I am sure I would love a Provari or any GREAT VV decive more, but the LT does it as far as making things work. If you want to step into VV vaping, get at it. If you are reasonably satisfied with Ego batts/LR cartos I wouldn't really bother, but every vaper should try a VV device/dripping just to know whats up. The LT performs well, I am sure it's not as good as the other more expensive models (you get what you pay for, duh!) but it is enough to let me know I don't need to peruse the more expensive mods further. VV vaping is fun, but not a necessity for me, maybe one day down the road I will pick up a decent mod, as mjradik said the LT doesn't really perform perfectly, I have noticed that I cannot really PUMP VOLTS into my cartos as I would like to with a VV mod.

Bottom feeders/Wet mods interest me yet...not sure if I will go near those though with the beauty of the Ego-C it really isn't needed.

These are my feelings after about 2 weeks using the mini LT along with the cartos. I have been using 510 Dual coil LR cartos a lot as well. Theses 12 hour shifts at work make me vape... A LOT.

Edited by sasetrase

Very nice update !!! Honestly, I do great with my ego and LR attys and dripping. I like my VV, It adds a warmer vape and gives me that extra throat hit I need sometimes.

Glad you are working out you vaping...The only way we figure out what works for us is to try different setups.

Half the fun is playing !!!

Aint that the truth kitsune. between cartos, attys premade juices,diy, batteries, mods and everything else vaping is so much fun! tinkering is my favorite, and if I ever acually dial in what I really want and stick to it I COULD save a ton of money vs. deathstix. Im already feeling incredible in lungs and confidence and health. My wallet currently wants to stab me in my sleep. but she will get used to it andcome to love me soon.

What do you have for a VV kitsune?

I have a turbo from vaprlife...I've had mine for a bit over a year. Mod keep getting fancier and fancier....no nifty digital read outs. Mine has been set at 4.7 V for about 6months, that seems to be my favorite spot.

I found my sweet spot about a year ago....and I still can't quit trying new stuff. Like you, I love tinkering and once in awhile I do find something that works for me.

Currently: Ego (or ego type) battery + 510 LR atomizer + Drip tip = my sweet spot. This is what I use most of the time.

For Driving or when I can't drip: ego (or ego type) battery + Tube tank. The Tube tank is the first tank system I have used that has worked consistently and well.

I use my VV intermittently in between when I want a bit of change.

I don't spend near as much as I used to. Then again having a Volcano vaping cafe close by isn't helping much + the fact that they keep adding new stuff.