Getting Started?!.

sasetrase

Hey guys, I want to get started with a LITTLE DIY. I do not want to go 1000% balls deep quite yet, but I do need to be able to sweeten some of my liquids, make some of them...something else. (EX. I have a caramel that will kill an ox with throat hit and horrible taste, I would like to be able to experiement/learn to fix that...I have 30 mL of that so...)

I am a menthol addict, and I recently found my all day vape in a house methol that is sweet. I vape this stuff like candy and have crushed 30 mL in about 4 days of 24mg/ml strenght, along with my others that I switch hit, cinnacide/ultimate vanilla/Nuport/candy flavors of misc. I vape 24mg.

I need a few things I know, and I know you guys know of a lot of things I need that I don't have any idea about...so here goes my starting list, please add insight, additional things to purchase, and where to purchase said items from.

1. Flavorings. (no idea where the suggested supplier would be, any suggestions? Loranns seems to be a favorite but I have a hard time finding one that seems decent.)

a. Menthol

b. Caramel

c. Vanilla

d. Tobacco

f. Cotton Candy/Sweetener of some type.

2. PG (about 5 oz to start?)

3. VG (about 5oz to start?)

I have rubber gloves/syringes/some bottles, 5ml and used 30ml ones, which should be plenty for my little mixing thing I want to do...\

Thoughts tips and tricks are appreciated, I am still getting aquainted with the threads in the forum, please bear with me as I learn. Thanks in advance guys.

Don't forget some pipettes. :) You'll need nicotine also unless you just plan to doctor up the eliquid you already have.

I like ecigexpress for flavorings because they carry just about every manufacturer (Loranns, TPA (called Signature Series), FA, FlavorWest).

http://www.ecigexpre.../flavoring-c-16

For nic, I usually get mine from myfreedonsmokes (use "20off" for 20% discount - not sure when that expires, but they just about always have a code):

http://www.myfreedom...juice-e-liquid/

I would also recommend reading Kitsune's DIY basics:

Edited by Brian

Hi, Welcome to the world of DIY !!

It really doesn't have to be too hard. I love DIY. Bryan posted the link to my how to on DIY basics.

I usually prefer Flavour Art (FA) or Perfumers Apprentince (PA)..

PA has a great Caramel and Marshmallow (Great for using as a sweetener), vanilla.

FA- I love their Apple Pie, Tiramisu, and cafe esspresso, Vanilla, menthol

Loranns- Watermelon, English Toffee, Butterscotch and Butter Rum

All that being said...flavor is very subjective.

Mix small amounts to start so you can play with the flavors until you find the right combination.

For now, You can mix any existing premixed flavors you have together...multiple flavors make a great new flavor.

i.e: You can use the caramel you don't like and mix with the cinnacide....I actually like caramel and cinnamon together. again, start small...mix only about a ml or so to begin.

I also love adding a bit of menthol to all my flavors...for me, I just add a few drop...but you make like it a bit stronger. They great part of DIY is mixing to your taste.

Merry Mixing

Pulled the trigger...I have Aquisition Disorder....so yeah... but assuming I don't kill myself with the 100mg/ml nic liquid, this should do for awhile ;)

Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total

LA -Blueberry Flavoring (Size: 6ml) LA-BLBERRY 1 $2.49 USD $2.49 USD

LA -Caramel Flavoring (Size: 15ml) LA-CARAMEL 1 $4.45 USD $4.45 USD

LA -Creme De Menthe Flavoring (Size: 15ml)

LA-CREMDEMENTHE 1 $4.45 USD $4.45 USD

LA -Pomegranate Flavoring (Size: 6ml)

LA-POMEGRANATE 1 $2.49 USD $2.49 USD

LA -Pralines And Cream Flavoring (Size: 6ml)

LA-PRALCREAM 1 $2.49 USD $2.49 USD

LA -Vanilla Flavoring (Size: 6ml) LA-VANILLA 1 $2.49 USD $2.49 USD

Menthol Crystals .25oz MENTHOLCRYSTALS 2 $3.95 USD $7.90 USD

Syringe with 18ga Needle (Size: 3ml)

SYRINGE-18G 2 $0.95 USD $1.90 USD

TFA -Sweetener (Size: 6ml) TFA-SWEETENER 2 $2.19 USD $4.38 USD

UnFlavored Nicotine Smoke Juice E-Liquid (Strength: 100mg, Size: 250ml, PG/VG Mix: 100% PG)

NIC-100-250-100PG 1 $45.95 USD $45.95 USD

USP Grade Propylene Glycol (Size: 1-Liter)

USP-PG1000 1 $24.95 USD $24.95 USD

USP Grade Vegetable Glycerin (Size: 250ml)

USP-VG250 1 $11.95 USD $11.95 USD

Subtotal: $115.89 USD Coupon Code (20OFF): -$9.19 USD Shipping: $0.00 USD Grand Total: $106.70 USD

But, considering the amount of liquid I can now produce, I will have saved a substantial amount of cash in the long run. ANyone have suggestions for a good sweetner?

Wow! Yes - do be careful with that 100mg nic! I usually use 48mg to mix with. Even when I got some 100mg I mixed it all down to 48mg at one time so I only had to handle it once. I wouldn't use 100mg to mix with regularly.

TPA Cotton Candy is a great sweetener.

I'll check out tractor supply, something just doesnt sem right about using tractor supplies in my tasties ;) Ill pick up some cotton candy and a few more flavors... I really need a solid tobacco...of course the best is to mscerate your own....but flavor will work. I just need the undertone of tobacco, not a forfront flavor. Oh the possibilities ;)

PS, I will cut the 100 to 50 immediately, and then to 24 very quickly. Childrun in the home...gotta be real careful. It all stays in my safe, in my locked room, high on a shelf, but yet something crazy terrible could happen and it is simply safer to cut it to 48 asap, and then 24 very quickly.

Edited by sasetrase

Sounds like you are off to a great start. You will have tons of fun creating new flavors. Hoping you plan on posting some recipes.....

Very glad you are being safe with nicotine...especially with kids around. With 100mg, it is best to wear gloves and if you do get on skin...wash immediately. won't kill you, but can really make you feel crappy.

Not sure about needing a gallon of PG. was just on the ecig express site...they have pg and vg 120 mls for about 5$. It does go a long way when mixing. I have found more and more, I find a base premixed flavor I like (like coffee flavors) and add flavoring as needed. usually buy 36 mg and use the flavoring to cut to 18 or 24mg.

Again...recipes please !!!

I will be sure to share recipes, assuming I find any that are good lol. Thank you all for your help. I can't wait to start mixing and hopefully create the first nicotine sentient being! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE AHAHAHAHHAAH!!!

let me know if you come up with anything good with the creme de menthe. just picked up a dram of it and dont know what to do with it. frankly idk what to do with any of my non tobacco flavors lol.

The best way to start with DIY....Pick a flavor (premixed liquid) already in your collection....can be a flavor you like or don't like.

1. in a separate 3ml or 5ml bottle, put 1-2 mls of your premixed liquid. PG= 30 drops to a ml, VG=20 drops to a ml. Give or a take a bit.

2. Pick a flavor you want to mix with can be another flavor premixed liquid or flavoring.

3. If using flavoring...start with a couple drops of flavoring, add to liquid, mix and vape test. Dripping works best for testing.

4. if using premixed liquids...You can mix them 50/50 to start. or if you are fixing a flavor you dont much like....add less of the flavor you don't like and more of the flavor you want.

5. Creme de menthe is fairly strong....a couple drops will go a long way. You can add this to any liquid you want to spice up a bit..works like a menthol. A Little will add a bit of added flavor without being to minty/menthol.

Always mix small until you find a combination you like.

maybe im just not a fruity flavor vapor lol. almot all my tobacco blend i mix are great. rootbeer tastes like soap to me. cola tasstes flat. added cheery to cola was a bit better. grape seems like your drinking grape juice.havent opened the rest of them yet.

Fruit or sweet flavors are tough.....

The only fruit ones I really like are Loranns watermelon and raspberry, and flavour art forest fruit. Not had much luck with other fruits. Lorann peach isn't too bad.

Lorann pina colada is pretty good....hmmm, may have to mix that up, sounds good.

When using fruit flavors I have found that mixing in a sweetener helps...my personal choice for sweetener is Perfumers apprentice marshmallow, Loranns is pretty good too.