Noob!

SinginChef

Hey everyone,

I finally decided to join the forum. I've been Vaping for a couple years now, and have been a KR808 purist until today. After finally getting too frustrated with 808's, I decided to buy a ProVari kit :thumbsup: Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about the world of mods. I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer! I know that I definitely want a couple of tanks, but haven't quite decided which one is best. Also, will a 1.5ohm dual coil carto be ok on the ProVari at low voltage? Or do I need to abandon those?

Thanks for the help!

-Jack

Generally after a basic kit the next step up is an Ego kit. Going with a higher mod takes a bit more experiance/learning to get with.

Provaris are a very nice setup albeit expensive with having to get batteries, chargers, and cartos.

The best tank to get that I have had the pleasure of dealing with is MostAngryPirateIndustries.com He is the creater of the MAP tank. Get the Stainless Steel tank... It will definitely last you and avoid cinnamon/menthol vapes with these unless it is from Eminentvapor.com his Cinnamint tastes just like Gold Schlager. It is outstanding! His Banana Creme Caramel is heavenly too! I just ordered 60ml from him tonight!!

The biggest problem with the Provari is low ohms. The Provari doesnt like them too well. A standard, or high ohm will work better from what I have delt with.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've heard a lot of good things about the MAP tank, and that is likely what I will go with. The only bad thing I've heard about the MAP tanks is that the O-rings are a little loose and will allow the tank to rotate around the carto; if you're not careful you spill juice everywhere. It seems like every tank has issues with that though!

Jeff.....filling with needle and syringe or just dropper bottle?

Sorry, Welcome to the family singinchef !! This really is a great place. sorry not much help with the provari, I will leave that the those more qualified.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! I was able to get a DC up to about 4.6V on my Provari before it started giving me errors. I did find that my batteries didn't like the DCs much (they just didn't last long when using a DC).

I've had some horrifying experiences simply trying to buy the syringe/needle tip from pharmacies. Maybe I just naturally look a little thuggish so I usually drag a huge bag of e-cig stuff in with me and show them what I plan to do.

Don't EVER ask for one after drinking a whole pot of coffee or energy drinks. Results are funny if you ask me but the pharmacy staff gets very nervous and lots of them suddenly go on break :)

LOL....I am certain they are debating weather or not to alert security !!!

There are a few vendors that sell a blunt tip needle or the needle caps. I can see the whole needle and syringe thing feeling like a drug addict. I look at it differently, I look at as drawing up my medication. Then again, being a nurse makes it easier.

Using a needle and syringe really does make filling a tank so much easier.....

Jeff...you could probably handle a needle cap...

I have grown to love the weird looks I get when filling in public. I was recently on a greyhound traveling and filled up my Ego-C tanks and man o man did I get some strange looks. I used to donate plasma so I have a pretty decent scar on my right arm from the 17 guage needle they use, and I love telling people I shoot up whisky/heroin/anything that I can make up on the spot. I usually let that sit for about a minute and then tell them it's just nicotine and I am a professional chemist testing a new product ;)

I love greyhounds and barber shops because you can be whoever you want for the time.

Provari is a solid choice from what I hear! Congrats on making the step to MODS! A big step into ensuring your life is long and healthy. Just be sure to treat it like a woman and you will be fine.