Time For My Second Unit... What To Get?

So I've been vaping for about 6 months now. After a disasterous start with a DSE-601 pipe, I picked up a Boge Leo and have been very happy with it. I switched to the LR dual-coil cartomizers, and liked those even better - though I don't really like how quickly they suck brand new batteries dry.

I'm happy with my experience, but I think I am ready to brand out and try something else.

I know enough to know that I prefer flavor and vapor (tons of vapor), and don't care all that much about throat hit. I like Boba's Bounty, so I want something that can handle VG well. I am also wondering about an alternative to cartomizers... it seems like I am having to replace them after just 2 or 3 fills, and that gets expensive.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I should try next?

I've tried the Boge Leo and that's about it. When I first went in to get the eGo I was steered towards the Leo instead.

I'm game to give it a try, but I kind of want to make sure it performs well in the areas I like... if you know what I mean.

Interesting, and actually doable. I assume getting the 510 top is the best way to go? I am going to have to get some new cartomizers anyway.

I am curious about all of the different things you can hook up to that. It would probably be quite dangerous if I understood how all of them worked :lol:

Boba's Bounty loves my Reo Grand by Reosmods.com

The best BONUS thing about my RG is that it's also the best DD device on the market. It's never messy, and all the excess goes right back down the tube into a bottle. Of course, it works great the way it's intended to of course, which is from the bottle to the atty, and I enjoy it that way as well. Oh! and pretty soon he's releasing the Vv editions that he and BuzzPro guy built together. :)

Delivery device seems to be the number one problem with vaping. Many options work for different vapors, but not one clear cut champion. Battery and juice is the easy part; what delivers that juice is the variable. Tanks, carto's, atty's?

I keep them all on hand, but wish they would come up with one break through delivery device. Has not happened yet...at least for me. :detective:

Edited by maverick

That is kind of what got me thinking about trying something else. When my Leo is on - it is fantastic. But occasionally the draw just isn't right, or something is off, and I am less than happy with it. My best guess is that my carto (even on its second or third fill) is gooey, and that's the fault of the juices I seem to like. Sometimes the problem is fixed by popping a new carto on, but having just filled a 4 ml? I am too cheap to do that until I get what I can out of the old one.

I like dripping fine, but it's a pain and I feel like I am working too hard for what I get. And cartridges feel the same way, only more of a hassle. I don't know if I am just being impatient or doing something wrong... but I feel like there is something else I can try.

Sad thing is, among my friends who vape, I am the "veteran hand" - the others trying it out after seeing me with my Leo - so this forum has been a wealth of information for me. Especially considering how hard it is to find info for that middle ground between the guy with a starter kit and someone building their own box in their garage.

Thanks for the advice - I ordered the Infinity Pro. Will see how it goes when it gets here.

I did pick up one other thing from VapingZone - a Twin Coil Clearomizer - I have never seen one of those before, I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Anyone have any experience with them?

Edited by Deadpool809

Well, I finally got the Infinity Pro in the mail... and I like it so far. But I ran into a problem pretty fast. I guess I am spoiled by the Leo carto... it is maddening how quickly regular 501 cartridges run out! As heavy as I have been vaping, I have to fill up too frequently to really enjoy it.

I ordered a J-Tank... hopefully that lasts longer. How long to cartos last in one of those before they need replaced?

Well, I finally got the Infinity Pro in the mail... and I like it so far. But I ran into a problem pretty fast. I guess I am spoiled by the Leo carto... it is maddening how quickly regular 501 cartridges run out! As heavy as I have been vaping, I have to fill up too frequently to really enjoy it.

I ordered a J-Tank... hopefully that lasts longer. How long to cartos last in one of those before they need replaced?

Depends on what juice you use. I only use bobas bounty(100%vg)and I normally get 4 refills out of a cartos in my j tank before it starts getting a tight draw and tastes kind of off. I could probably get 5 or 6 uses out of one but I choose not to. I usually go through a tank full a day.

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

Depends on what juice you use. I only use bobas bounty(100%vg)and I normally get 4 refills out of a cartos in my j tank before it starts getting a tight draw and tastes kind of off. I could probably get 5 or 6 uses out of one but I choose not to. I usually go through a tank full a day.

That's about how long my Leo Cartomizers are lasting (I also MOSTLY use Bobas), which works for me.

I also decided to order a LEO - 501 adapter so I can hopefully continue to use my LEO cartos on the Infinity... I am still a regular pipe smoker (though much less), and I like the tips on those. That was another off-putting thing about going to the 501 ... the shape. That's a personal thing though.

Honestly, I would recommend using a blend of VG/PG, somewhere around 50/50 seems to be popular. Then, since the cartos stay nice and wet all the time, they will last a lot longer than if you used one the usual way. I don't think it's uncommon for folks to have them in a tank for a week or more. There are a LOT of people using tanks now... so that says something to how effective they must be. Also, with the Infinity Pro being variable voltage, you will want to get the 3.0ohm cartos to go in the J-Tank... or at least around 3.0 ohms. 2.8-3.0 depending on what is available. Maybe someone with that device can chime in and say what type of carto works best on that device and in a tank?

Edited by DAYVAPE

Yeah, the cartos I got were BOGE 3.0 ohms. I get that using 100% VG is going to make them last not quite as long, but my issue isn't how fast they are going bad, but rather how frequently I have to fill the damned things. The Tank should fix that.

I am thinking if the LEO Cartos work with an adapter (not in the tank, obviously), I am going to have to go back to Standard resistance. I've been using those dual-coil LR ones. Maybe - I am finding I like the vape on the lower voltage, and I rarely have gone over "Yellow", tending to stay just below that.