Taking The Color Off Ego Battery

I have a red eGo battery here ( eGo T 1000 mah ) and I want to make it silver color. I tried using a magic eraser and the color wont come off.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the color from a eGo battery.

Thank you

I have never had one ,but I would suppose it is either covered in a contact paper type substance which you could peel off or it is anodised which you have to live with or paint.Not sure it would be worth the effort either way as long as it worx.Another option would be go to a lumber company or hardware store and get some of that foil tape for HVAC ducts and cover it.

Edited by mcquinn

Well believe it or not, that coating on the ego battery is a kind of rubbery material. I don't know of a fast way to get it off but I've had several black ones that I've dropped on the sidewalk and it nicks and chips at the coating. After it got so bad looking I started just peeling it away a little at a time with my finger nail till it eventually just all came off. It didn't happen over night but it did finally all came off and now I have silver batteries. Also, once you have a good start you can take a shape edge and kinda peel off the coating, then take some very fine grit sandpaper and polish it up to a nice even coat.

Good luck and happy vaping :thumbup:

mine has some nicks in it to. that is why I want to make it all silver instead of Red and scratched up.

I got the Red all off by using a Green scrubbing pad and it is all silver

Edited by Tagsanstuff

I was able to use an emery board to remove the coating (the rubbery stuff) and gave it a very nice brushed silver look. I really like the way it turned out. wasn't too difficult to remove the colored coating.

If you are willing to experiment a little, try using some solvent like acetone or naptha on a clean rag. I am betting the coating will soften up and wipe off. Nothing to lose for trying. Try a small spot first.

I had a Ego battery that got some cinnamon/menthol vape juice spilled on and softened the coating. Once I had a bare spot the rest I scraped off. In my case I wanted it black again. I masked off the button area, the battery connector and bottom and hit it with some black paint from a rattle can. Note you want all the oil/grease off the tube if you respray. Do multiple coats and let it dry between them.

So no runs, drips or errors!

Good Luck

Kaz.