Nicotine Levels

IanVape

Not that I'm aware of... but maybe someone will chime in with a study they've seen. I've just never been too concerned about it to wonder... I just go along with what my body tells me is enough nic. You are certainly on the high side of nic level at 24mg however. I recall starting with 24mg and it was just too strong for my liking... once I got to 12mg I noticed a huge difference in the flavor/quality of my juices. Much better/smoother/tastier ! :yes

Edited by DAYVAPE

Its easier to breakdown as amount of nicotine per day...for me, I used to smoke about 30 cigarettes/day. Marlboro LIghts = about 1mg nicotine/cigarette, so looking at about 30mg/day when I was smoking. I usually vape 18-24mg/ml (depends on my mood). I figure I go through about 1.5-2mls/day....give or take a bit I figure I get about 27mg to 36mg nicotine/day---just about a wash. Then again, traditional cigarettes have added chemicals to aide in the absorption of nicotine into the system, that vaping does not.

For me anyway, I have been able to vape 0 nicotine without any cravings...so long as I can get the throat hit, I'm happy. However, vaping 0 nic doesn't give the same throat hit, so I ended up going back to nicotine (which isn't anywhere near as harmful as most of the other chemicals in a cigarette).

Like Dayvape posted: I listen to my body and go from there. So far, its been working for 2.5 years (smoked for 30 years).

I'm a little different like that. I was a heavy smoker, sometimes 2+ packs a day. I was able to quit vaping 24mg juice and then dropped it to 12 or 18mg for a while. That didn't seem to cut it for me so I went back up. I know my nic levels can get pretty high if I vape to frequently so I try not to but I like the fact that I get my fix in a few quick toots. Now that I'm hearing that lower nic juice is tastier, smoother, better, more flavorfull, I think I want to go back down.

Yea, there really haven't been any legit studies on how much nic your body obsorbs vaping. I know its not 100%. I would think you obsorb about 50-60% of nic, but thats just my guess, based on nothing other than an hunch. When I started vaping, I vaped about 3 mills of 18mg., which is 54mg. I Smoked 1.5packs/day before vaping. (which is about 36mg)

That was 4+ months ago. I now vape 6-7mg of 3mg nic...(because I love to vape ALLLLL day) I'm almost down to 0mg nic.

Edited by mjradik

I started out at 24mgs because thats what came with the kit....lol, but quickly went down to 18mgs and seemed a lot smoother. Somewhere I read and agree with totally that nic gives a peppery taste to your juice! Now I;m down to 6mgs when I feel I need that kick and actually vaping 0mgs morning till around noon :cheers: