Questions And One Idea

jtphenom

Questions: The aftertaste of smoking an e-cig... has anyone else gotten a bad aftertaste? Does it go away with time, or a different brand of juice, or a different flavor, etc.? Or am I just tasting the aftertaste of the nicotine?

Idea: There should be a forum just for questions of all kinds. I think there is a forum for issues with "broken" e-cigs or whatever, but not one for all questions in general. Or did I just miss it?

With e-cigs, there seems to be different reasons why you'd be getting a bad aftertaste. It all depends on how you're vaping. Here's a few that most people come across:

1) New atomizer - usually atomizers have a break-in period and may give you some weird taste in the beginning. Just keep vaping with it and it should go away.

2) If you're using cartridges, it's possible that the cart filling is being burned by the atomizer. I don't know a good fix for this since I don't use cartridges anymore.

3) You've vaped all the juice away and the atomizer is dry. Just refill the cartridge, or if you're dripping...then add more drops.

With e-cigs, there seems to be different reasons why you'd be getting a bad aftertaste. It all depends on how you're vaping. Here's a few that most people come across:

1) New atomizer - usually atomizers have a break-in period and may give you some weird taste in the beginning. Just keep vaping with it and it should go away.

2) If you're using cartridges, it's possible that the cart filling is being burned by the atomizer. I don't know a good fix for this since I don't use cartridges anymore.

3) You've vaped all the juice away and the atomizer is dry. Just refill the cartridge, or if you're dripping...then add more drops.

You don't use carts anymore? So you just drip right onto the atomizer every time?

jtphenom, here's the bottomline for you. Aftertaste can easily be solved simply by chewing any sweets like candy or gum and in no time it's gone. The real deal here is what it provides you, a lot more healthier lifestyle without getting rid of that habit. Putting it simply, don't worry much of the little things and look forward to the huge advantages right there in front of you. Puff on!

We haven't fully figured out why atomizers are doing this but, we have narrowed it down to a few strong possibilities (When I say we, I mean the Vapor Talk staff). We have all come into contact with this issue although, Chris waaaaayyyy more than the rest of us. What we are leading to believe is the main issue causing this is "overheating" your atomizers and taking too long of a draw. Chris does seem to "beat up" his atomizers more than the rest of us and it just so happens that like I said before he has this issue more than us. The other things we think it could be is "sediment(s)" on the atomizers, ie. cart fibers etc., getting on the atomizer and the atomizer burning them as well as the juice. Another thing I think it could be is the build up that collects over the atomizer's heating coil over time causing less heat from the heating coil and a weird taste. We're not really sure what it is but, we've noticed it usually happens when an atomizer is a little older and been used for a while. Either way is sucks when it happens and the only real way to get rid of it is to ditch the atomizer and get a new one. Sorry. :(

The best way to tell when an atomizer goes bad is when it stops working. That or the taste is really bad. Although that's normally from mixing to many juices or letting the atomizer go hot. If you look at the coil on the atomizer and it's really black from build up, it could be time to change it.

Rule of thumb, change your atty once a month.