Considering To Vape To Quit Stogs.

Chorddd

I've recently found out about this forum researching E-cigs. I have been smoking cigarettes for just about 5 years(10-15 cigs a day). I went cold turkey drinking alcohol, then led to more cigarette consumption. My questions are what models\brands E-cigs have you guys had most success on quitting cigarettes with? and is this a possible cheaper alternative than the real thing? I pay $6.50 a pack. I'll truly appreciate for some feedback because I want my body to be healthy again and would like to start by getting rid of my addictions as soon as possible.

Hello Chorddd, Joye eGo is the most popular e cig to start if you don't care that it is slightly larger than a real cig! The reason it is so popular is the battery life is much more superior than that of a standard size e cig. Let us know what you are looking for and we can point you in the right direction :cheers:

Welcome to VT, ChordD!

I think you'll find, like many of us did, a preference for vaping over smoking. Once you find your own personal nirvana, change that maybe into a definite. :)

You don't smoke that many a day, so I would suggest a SmokelessImage Volt kit with the PCC. It's easy to put together for a puff, and delivers a satisfying vape. The short batteries 68mm are great for hands-free situations like playing the guitar, xbox, or working on the car. (in the new drip resistant Sealed Automatic batteries). (they last a few hours)

The longer 78mm batteries last longer between charges. (they last about 4 hours)

They have both short and long, Sealed Automatics and regular Manuals.

I have all of the above. :)

One of my sealed autos is kind of "airy" but the other one is great. A combination is good to have.

I have their Premium kit which includes the PT, PCC and WC. Plus I picked up extra spare batteries. (13 bucks each). I love my Volt!!

I also agree with the eGo. The eGo was my first love and I still love it to this day, 2 years later. You can't go wrong with an eGo. But, I will say, that's it's becoming more and more difficult to select a choice kit. They have so many choices now, it boggles the mind. I would start off with an eGo, some Boge cartos, (liquidxpress.com has some nice prefilled ones as well as empties). and after you find a juice you like, pick up some EMDCC's. (eGo mega Dual coil Cartos) for your all day excursions.

Good luck! As long as you stick to a Volt or an eGo for your first choice, you'll be in good hands. Both the Volt and the eGo will still be in your rotation stable even after you acquire the latest and greatest Tim the Toolman Taylor Digital Spaceman Mods. :0

Feel free to ask questions! You're making a wise decision to swtich to vaping from smoking!!

I'd recommend a Riva 510 lite Bundle from www.liberty-flights.com. After the 20% discount(there's a button on the top of the page), the kit costs like $30-$35(An Ego will cost you at least $60). The Riva is essentially the same thing as an Ego, but it has slightly longer battery life. It's a really good place to start.

I would also like to recommend the Megalodon(or just Don for short) from www.electronicstix.com. It's about 100 bucks, but it's incredibly versatile. Once you get into vaping and start learning more about it, you'll probably want to try different voltages. The Megalodon accepts various different battery types, which allows for changing voltages without having to buy multiple mods or spend a ton of money on a variable voltage mod(I haven't looked in a while, but last time I checked, the variable voltage mods were quite a bit more expensive than the Don). And, if you use a standard 3.7 volt battery at 2400mah, it'll last several days to a week, possibly even longer, depending on how much you use it.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

Can't go wrong with an eGo. I smoked 1.5 pack per day for 20 years and have now been smoke free for almost 2 years. If you don't take up vaping as a hobby where you want to try every new thing that comes out and build a 3 year stock pile of stuff (like anyone would really do that :rolleyes2:) , it is defiantly cheaper than smoking.

These are all great responses. After looking up all the models suggested I have leaned to look at the Ego the most. I will make an order for one by the end of the week(basically after I pay this semester's classes), and if this works for me I'll definitely consider trying different models and what not. Thanks for the replies guys, this has been a lot more helpful than clueless Googling. :yes