Vg Or Glycerine

DoIWannaSmoke

Can somebody tell me the differance between Vegetable glycerine, and Glycerine? I have been to every shop in my town and i have found Glycerine in most of them, but no VG. I am hoping it's the same thing, as I need to dilute my e juice.

I have a 30ml bottle 24mg juice, and was hoping to dilute to it to about 18, because a few times I've vaped just a wee bit to much and on one occasion actually felt quite a bit sick.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin. Glycerol, Glycerin and Glycerine are the same. I think what varies is what and where the glycerol is derived from and maybe it's level of purity?? It is used in all sorts of products but I'm not sure if there is a purity level that determines food grade vs other grades of VG. Here's the wiki entry for Glycerol .. it might help :)

You can get pharmacy grade glycerin at just about any pharmacy. Its sold as a skin protectant....Walmart sells one called Humectant. I know, skin protectant just sounds wrong. but it really is nothing more than a vegetable glycerine (VG), If you taste it, its a bit sweet.

You can also get a baking grade glycerin (also VG) from many hobby shops in the baking section.

Both work great for diluting liquids....just remember, it will also dilute the flavor a bit.

I found a pharma supplier on ebay 500ml PG for £4.99 +postage and VG £2.99 free postage, I bought a small bottle of the cake making stuff (DrOetker Glycerine, says suitable for vegetarians) and tried it last night works a treat using the calc suggested on Kitsunes and diluted to 14mg, flavour was fine but had some vanilla extract just incase it was too bland, although I did find 14mg a little too week but i did only mix 1ml to try it.

BTW one pharmacy did have Glycerol, it was bottled as a throat syrup, pharmacist thought there may have been other stuff added, and she had never heard of PG!

I think I'll get some of the ebay stuff

cheers keith

You should be good with ebay stuff--pharma grade. The baking glycerine has always worked well for me. Glad you were smart and only mixed a small amount to start. takes a bit of trial and error.

Both liberty flights and totally wicked have UK sites (as you probably know), both care some very good flavorings.

yes I got my starter kit and first ejuice from LF, they do not give much info away about there flavours tho ie: oil/ water based.

UK site doesnt have as much choice as US site either, especially with e-cigs, they don't seem to have any joye stuff at all, thats why i chose the riva 510 (750mAh) because it is compatible with most if the joye ego parts, so it's upgardable!

K

I guess I hadn't noticed that the Uk site had a more limited stock.

The flavourArt flavors are all water soluable....you can look at their site-- http://www.flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=7 this page gives some information about the flavors they sell.

You can check out the flavor suppliers. I primarily use FlavourArt or perfumers apprentice.

We all use various vendors for various supplies.

Glycerol makes glycerin. What makes glycerol is either vegetable based or another petro by product. When you ask for VG it means the by product to make glycerol is veg based.

You need to be more concerned about USP labeling. USP means it was manufactured and packaged to food additive quality. USP means it is certified for food use. Same product as none USP, just certification and big brother watching the final product. (A good thing)

Also, a kosher OU stamp tells you a rabii was paid to view and bless final packaging.

Hopes this helps.....

Haha I have VG coming out of my ears now I bought some from the pharmacy but not knowing if it was vegetable I bought stuff from ebay too 500ml for £6 inc postage, but I had emailed the producer of he stuff I got fae the chemist, they replied telling me it is vegetable I pad £2 for 100ml, plus I have the 38ml of cake baking stuff too!

so NIC liquid is all I need now.. lol

your opinions are still important tho, so check out my other and leave a post. Thanks for your help.

Keith