Questions About The 510 (Help Please) Ohms?

Gamera

Hi,

I'm new here and wanted to ask some questions regarding the joye 510. I wanna get the 510 model with a dual cartomizer.

I was looking at these because frankly I was hoping for something about the size of an analog and also that would look like one but give me a decent short pull.

http://vaporsupplies...&product_id=339

Do I want the 1.5 ohm or the 2.0 ohm? It seems the 510 will work with both. So what is the advantage or disadvantage of either?

thanks in advance people.

So Viper Ron.... I have am in a band called The Tenafly Vipers.... not that that means anything just thought I'd share. I would prefer the 510 because of the size. Call me vain if you must. Which dual cartomizer do you suggest to use with the 510? The gentleman at Vapor Supplies suggested the one I posted, but didn't specify ohms. I don't need to screw this thing up again. I already paid a ton of money to the useless S2Live people.

Actually the battery guide and cartomizer guide that you posted is what brought me here. Thanks for that. I'm just not sure I understand why the 510 won't work with a 2.0ohm carto? The 1.8 might heat up a bit fast but it seems that the 2.0 might not push the battery too hard... Am I mistaken here? If so, if you have a suggestion for th a cartomizer that will work well with the 510 I am all ears.

Just so you understand why you can't use 1.5 ohms.

It's not that you can't it's just that the battery wasn't designed for it. 1.5 ohms as you can guess, use almost twice the power of a standard atomizer. They heat twice as fast and burn liquid at the same rate. Battery life on a Joye 510 with a standard atomizer (2.5ohm) will last about 4 hours max. It's usually closer to 2-3 depending on how you vape.

Add an LR atomizer and you'll be lucky to stretch an hour or so out of that battery. Not to mention you'll shorten the life of the battery much faster. Thus the reason we usually recommend the eGo. The larger battery can take the extra power required by a low resistance atomizer.

The 510 batteries only put out 150mAh or 280mAh of current. (Power) The cartomizers you are asking about are usable on the eGo batteries at 650 900 or 1000mAh. Most sites warn that if you use any LR (low resistance) cartomizers on any battery lower that an eGo 650mAh, the battery will die quickly. I've used 2.0 Ohm cartomizers on my 510 batteries without them completely dying "BUT" the 510 batteries do need re-charged more often than usual. If you want to use LR cartomizers you'll need to purchase eGo batteries with current output of at least 650mAh to have a usable combination. The cartomizers you posted the link for details that they work on 650, 900 and 1000mAh batteries. (eGo)

I have a feeling I will definitely upgrade at some point to the ego. It just makes sense design wise. I'm just not ready to full on have this huge battery thing yet. I've only been doing this for a short time (5 days) and even the small ones seem big to me. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll come around at some point.

The 510 batteries only put out 150mAh or 280mAh of current. (Power) The cartomizers you are asking about are usable on the eGo batteries at 650 900 or 1000mAh. Most sites warn that if you use any LR (low resistance) cartomizers on any battery lower that an eGo 650mAh, the battery will die quickly. I've used 2.0 Ohm cartomizers on my 510 batteries without them completely dying "BUT" the 510 batteries do need re-charged more often than usual. If you want to use LR cartomizers you'll need to purchase eGo batteries with current output of at least 650mAh to have a usable combination. The cartomizers you posted the link for details that they work on 650, 900 and 1000mAh batteries. (eGo)

Ahh aha,. If it drains fast I'll get the ones Ron linked above. Are those single atomizers?

Ahh aha,. If it drains fast I'll get the ones Ron linked above. Are those single atomizers?

They are standard resistance cartomizers. They will work with 510 batteries. :) Atomizers use a snap in plastic cartridge and filler material with juice. Cartomizers are a cartridge AND atomizer built together in one package. Most people use cartomizers now. Unless you plan to direct drip, then you would want an atomizer.

Gamera The eGo batteries look a lot bigger but once you get them in your hand, they feel perfect. They put out lots of power and you can also use them with LR (low resistance) cartomizers so they pump out lots of vapor and great throat hit and taste. It's all I use, except I also have a larger NOEGO with an 18650 battery. LR works best for me. It's sorta like a high voltage vape. You will enjoy using 510 batteries with SR (standard resistance) cartomizers but you'll love eGo batteries with LR cartomizers. IMO :)