Provari Flaw...

AARONH

Been on and off with this thing since I got it....sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.

The hate: random E2, E3,E1 codes. Button has to be pressed firmly to fire, sometimes while driving over bumpy roads, it will go to the menu becuase it went on/off 5 times. It needs a more "clicky" button. The screen dispay window caved in on mine. I assume this is because it is in the opposite position of the switch, therefore I put pressure on it when I fire the button. I tried to pull it back out off of the circut board display, but it spit in half and I ended up just pulling it out, now I have no screen;(

The love: When it works, it works great.......and thats about all I can say about it. Have recently found out it works good with the DCHV cartomizer.

I've had mine for about a week and a half. No problems so far. Only thing I found out is you have to lower the voltage to run dual coil cartos.

Provape recommends SR attys and carto so I just got some. Bump up the voltage and they work great like LR.

I've never had any issues with mine personally. But I can say that Pro Vape is really good with warranties. (We have no affiliation with them, if they sucked I'd say so :) )

I can say the errors usually appear when you're using LR atomizer. So long as standard atomizers and cartomizers are being used it shouldn't be a problem. If you still get the errors with normal resistance I'd send it in for repair. :)

With the price of that thing shouldnt it be flawless? Lol, I will just stick with my 5volt big kazoo. Just got it today and I love it; However if I had the spare change Id like to get that black Provari. That thing looks sexy!

agreed, thats why i got the poor mans provari, comes in black and chrome too...lol

Sorry but whats a poor mans provari? lol. I just got my first mod yesterday, a big kazoo 5v boxmod and I love it. I couldnt imagine vaping anything better than that, and it was only 35 bucks, lol. But what I like about them provari devices is that you can go up in .1 volt increments. Thats pretty cool. Im loving 5 volts but whos to say that maybe 4.7 volts is a better voltage for me. Might check them out when I get paid. Until then Im happy with my Kazoo!

I've never had any issues with mine personally. But I can say that Pro Vape is really good with warranties. (We have no affiliation with them, if they sucked I'd say so :) )

I can say the errors usually appear when you're using LR atomizer. So long as standard atomizers and cartomizers are being used it shouldn't be a problem. If you still get the errors with normal resistance I'd send it in for repair. :)

I agree. I only get errors when playing with LR stuff so I just lower the voltage. I have zero problems with SR stuff.

I've gotten the E3 once in a while (not very often at all) and it's usually a sign that my atty is getting dry. I also got it on Dual Coils when I went over 4.6V. I have have the same issue with not holding the button down hard enough and getting the menu options when I'm vaping, but not a biggie. I've had mine since mid January and haven't used anything else since (except my eGo when traveling).

On the ProVape forum, there has been mention of a few broken or cracked screens. They have improved the screen and they will cover that repair under warranty. I have had mine since May with zero problems. I used it all day, every day as my main vape. Also on their web site, they say they are not intended to be used with lr hardware. Good luck. I'm sure ProVape will take care of you.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my provari when it works. I have yet to have one last me more than 5 months and I'm on my 3rd unit and that ones screen caved in so it's got to go back out. If I have one more problem with it I'm switching to the Darwin. The fact that it has issues with LR is bs too. For the price it should be able to run any arty/carto I throw at it.

Why not switch to a Buzz Pro or Infinity Pro from notcigs if the Provari can be such a PITA?

Do you really need all the information and read-outs?

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm still very much in the honeymoon phase with an IPro, but I find the thumbwheel to adjust voltage is perfect and I don't get too hung up on a number. I just adjust the wheel till the heat and flavor matches my mood and go...

Good question...However, the Provari is kinda in its own class..tempermental?..perhaps. I think its just a matter of knowing that you can't vape at 5V on a LR carto, and other things like that.. you just have to know your voltage limits with whatever cartomizer, atty, you are using, be it LR or Standard res. The deal with the screen is still to be determined. I hear this new one they put on mine is an upgraded one..should be here tomorrow or Wed.

anyone have any issues with the button? my bosses wont work when he pushes the button down. the red light will activate but nothing on the screen. He had his less then a week when this happened. It does not bother him as it bothers me and I don't even have one. I am writing due to his not working @ all....

Wow, sorry to here all the problems. I've been beating mine up for a few weeks, zero issues. If you look at Provape's website, its says Provari should use SR attys and cartos. I run LR on mine, but I did pick up some SR cartos so I could try different voltages.