New Here, Looking To Quit Analogs

Fred Rogers

Hello all!

I am looking to quit smoking "analogs".

I currently smoke a pack of camel lights every day.

I tried the patch but it gave me nightmares.

I would like some help/advise on a vapor kit.

What is the best way to get started?

How much nicotine do e-cigarets have?

How do you regulate how much "smoking" you do? I have been trying to read up on the subject and I see that a lot of system have the equivalent of a pack of smokes in each cartage. So how do you make sure you are not getting to much nicotine?

If there is any other information I can give please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the advise!

-=fred=-

Hi , Fred, I think I can help you with some of your questions. FIrst off, congrats on wanting to make the switch. There is a lot to learn, but it isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it, just a learning curve. I would recommend that you get yourself an Ego kit. There are a lot of vendors on our list, Vapor talk has a store that has very fast shipping, whether you go with them or someone else, try to make sure you get a genuine Ego, not a knock-off.

I would also recommend buying your own atomisers or cartomisers rather than the pre-filled ones, the juice you buy is better and it is cheaper to do it that way.

Youtube has lots of videos on ecigs, you can learn a lot. Also look in the noobie section here on the forum for tons of info. Hope this helps. Welcome :)

Welcome to Vapor Talk Forum Fred! Congrats on making the decision to quit analogs! :animier: I sincerely hope that you find vaping to be satisfying and much more enjoyable than analogs. You can't go wrong with an eGo kit. Sweet-Vapes has a good tobacco e-liquid that you might like, Spanish Gold and Vapor Talk Store's Exotic Tobacco is also a good tobacco juice. You may want to start off with a 12 mg e-liquid. A cartomizer is good e-liquid delivery device to start out with. This forum has a good how-to video section.

Good luck and there are a lot of VT members to help you out along the way! :yes

I wish you alot of luck in your quitting the analogs. I go back and forth but am trying to stay off the analogs myself. I highly recommend this site for any help that you may need. There are alot of nice folks here.

I have the Riva 750 and l love it. My mother had a different brand, it looked like a cigarette, and took it back and got a riva also. The place I go to has a white one for 29.99. He said that the company sent him white ones by mistake and he is trying to get rid of them. Needless to say I bought a back up kit because I tend to misplace mine. :hope::crybaby:

Edited by savanahrose

What Fran said!

The easiest way to learn is to get your pv, lots of juice samples and some cartos and attys. You will likely be comfortable with an 18-24mg nic to start. I still do around 20mg as I enjoy the nic- but you can go down to 0mg as well. Regulation at first can be tricky, but nothing to worry about. You'll likely vape a lot, as it's new. I still vape a lot, because I like it. If your body is getting more nicotine than it's used to, it will tell you in the same way as if you were to smoke too many analogs. It will all come to you rather quickly once you pick up a pv and give it a go.

Also check out "LR" atomizers and cartomizers (low resistance). They produce a nice warm vape and a lot of vapers prefer them to the standard res. as they are supposed to simulate higher voltage vaping.

Your first purchase should be a minimum of two batteries (with charger, 1000+mah and a pt/passthrough are ideal IMO), at least 2 atomizers and a pack or two of cartos., and at least 30ml or more of different juices. -Be prepared to make another order within a week or so after vaping for backups and more juice samples.

The VT store is a great place to start.

Good luck, and welcome to VaporTalk!

Exactly! Grab up an eGo kit, some cartomizers, an atty or two, and some juice!

That right there is a wonderful start into vaping. I would honestly start with 16mg... simply because you will be vaping more than you smoke in the beginning. And, people often experience coughing when trying to vape, and I think alot of that is due to the nic strength / taste. Because you can certainly taste the nicotine in many of the juices. I started off with 18-24 mg and it ended up being too high and effecting the flavor of my juices... besides not being necessary anyway.

http://www.vaportalk...s/Joye-eGo.html

http://www.vaportalk...artomizer-.html

http://www.vaportalk...ories/e-Liquid/

Edited by DAYVAPE

Greetings Fred,

The only thing I would add to your list of things to have is at least one bottle of E-Liquid of a 24mg or higher. Preferably in a strong tobacco flavor so if the 16 to 18mg is not cutting it for you and the cravings you have a go to option.

Also do not think something is wrong if you find yourself using the PV more frequent than you did picking up your pack of smokes. This is a new thing you are doing and is not "just like smoking". There is and was so many other things in that analog we got used to having along with our nicotine. You may do more vaping to make up for it.

Most of us are still fine tuning the right gear and liquids even after many months of doing this. Believe me there is new gear almost everyday on the market. The forum here is very good about helping you out sorting through the choices. So many liquids and I have so few PV's....

General stuff

• To get started?: Order a kit. Get some extra parts (batteries-cartomizers/atomizers-chargers) Stuff breaks and wears out. All it seems at the wrong moment. VaporForever/VaporTalk has the gear you need to start out.

• How much Nic in E-liquid?: From zero to about 36mg from most vendors
  • Whats in it?: Either straight PG or VG liquid or some mix of the two (50/50 70/30 60/40) and Flavorings. Some may add some water or alcohol as well.
  • Is there a Pack of Cigs in a Cartridge?: Nope-thats just marketing. (you vape and add liquid as you have need)
  • Sizes of E-liquid containers?: Generally 5ml to 50 ml if bought premixed and retail.
  • Too much Nicotine? : Your a smoker, you know when you get that "feeling" Put it down when that happens. You will not do it again.
  • How much money?: Plan on a budget of what you would spend on a carton or two of Cigs (you can usually do better if you catch a sale) but dont go so cheap as to not get good gear. It is not always about the money sometimes, and you know there is always a cheaper price to be had just right after you bought it.

That should be enough to get you to the next set of questions.

"What do you use and why do you use it and where can I get it?"

Good luck

Kaz.

Congrats on your decision to switch over to vaping!

I so agree about the eGo. The eGo will still be in your arsenal even later in life when you move on to fancy modified styles. It's extremely popular for good reasons.

Here's another place that sells a good starter kit. SmartVapes has an affordable eGo PT (pass through that you can vape while it's charging and you can unplug and vape as well).

http://www.smartvapes.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_21&products_id=55

Welcome to VT

Hi Fred, congrats on quitting tobacco and welcome to the discussion :))))

I switched to E-cigs 6 months ago and have never looked back - I started with Blu e-cig they are small, but they are simple to use and they taste terrific! They also come with a charging case, which is very handy. I was a heavy smoker but did the trick to get me started - When I got it in the mail, I gave all my analogues away and just smoked the e-cig. It was much easier than I thought it would be!

After some time you probably want to upgrade to more battery power, but while you learn more about them, and if you want a device that is simple to use, it's a good choice - Best of luck! :)

Good luck!! :)))

. I would honestly start with 16mg... simply because you will be vaping more than you smoke in the beginning. And, people often experience coughing when trying to vape, and I think alot of that is due to the nic strength / taste. Because you can certainly taste the nicotine in many of the juices. I started off with 18-24 mg and it ended up being too high and effecting the flavor of my juices... besides not being necessary anyway. http://www.vaportalk...s/Joye-eGo.html http://www.vaportalk...artomizer-.html http://www.vaportalk...ories/e-Liquid/

Totally agree. Most people think they are heavy smokers and need high nic strength. The last thing you want when you are trying to quit analogs is too much nicotine. It will give you headaches, make ya feel a bit dizzy. It's better to have little lower strength juice so you can enjoy vaping more often, especially helpful during the quitting phase. Most of the time the action of vaping replacing smoking, is more important than the nicotine in breaking the habit. ;)