Need Help Deciding Which E-Cig For My Mom.

mrsmiles20

Hello VaporTalk community,

My mom is 55 and has been smoking for 20-30 years. The past year she switched to mini-cigars. A few days ago she decided to quit(I kept nagging her) and now she is on day 3 and struggling a lot. I would like to help her be successful. I need help on deciding what to get her. Are there certain questions on her specific smoking style I should ask her? I can already guess that she won't want anything huge. Probably either normal cigarette size(I think she used to smoke Virginia Slims) or even better would be mini cigar size(I believe they are only slightly bigger than a cigarette.) Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Like Jeff said, get the eGo. It is reliable and the battery charge will last longer than the 510. Also she may prefer cartomizers(cartos) instead of the atomizer and cartridges. It will be easier to use with cartos, which will give her a better chance for success.

I went way overboard thinking I would need e-cigs everywhere like my car, office, kitchen, bedroom, etc and spent way too much at once.

I ended up quitting e-cigs in a little over 3 weeks using 1 mega 510 kit! I smoked for 40+ years.

I purchased 5 mega kits, 5 disposable 510's, tons of extras. way too much juice, usb passthroughs...basicly everything I had read about on the forum in one day..LOL I read all the reviews I could and put in 1 big order that evening....BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

Spent over $300 in stuff and only ended up using 1 of the 2 510's that came in the kit along with menthol 18mg juice.

I gave the open kit to my sister and she's been good for about a month without real smokes!

Whatever your mom buys....TELL her not to go overboard on her purchases! I figured I was spending $60 a carton on Virgina Slims, so spending $300+ at once seemed logical.

Now I have all this brand new stuff sitting here I shouldn't have purchased!!!!!

Edited by retirednflorida@yahoo.com

I agree about the eGo XL. or even an eGo PT (you can charge and go or vape while charging).

The eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers from Madvapes or Clouds of Vapor or any number of places will keep her vaping for long stints between refills. (after she knows which flavors she likes... which can be done by regular cartos or direct dripping).

(snip)

Whatever your mom buys....TELL her not to go overboard on her purchases! I figured I was spending $60 a carton on Virgina Slims, so spending $300+ at once seemed logical.

Now I have all this brand new stuff sitting here I shouldn't have purchased!!!!!

You could gift it to a smoker, or try selling it in the VT classifieds.

Was she a heavy or light smoker? The ego is a great device- and it will perform as needed, but it is a bit bigger than a cigarette. Most people start with a cig look-a-like, but find that the battery life isn't that great for a heavy user. She'll also spend less and enjoy more if she stays away from prefilled cartos and units with proprietary carto/attys. When she does discover that vaping is for her, then make sure she has backups.

Wow., thank You guys for all the great responses. Sorry it took me so long to get back on, but I assumed I would get an e-mail telling me this topic was responded too. I think I will start with the e-go Kit. You mentioned getting Juice? Does the starter kit not come with it? Also, Would it be better to buy it online or a smoke shop? (Don't know if they even sell vaps...lol.)

Yes, you will need to order liquid separate from the kit. Most kits do not include liquid. If you are not sure what flavor of liquid you would like to try, look for suppliers that sell smaller sample sizes. You will want to order more than one bottle anyways. It is always best to have more than one flavor at your disposal. You will find better deals, more variety when purchasing online and shipping only takes a few days.

Hey there like above get her the Joye Ego and a bottle of ejuice. Head over to vaporpro.com and check it out. They sell genuine Joye products,fast shipping, and great customer service. I love mine and never plan to put it down. Happy vaping to everyone!

I guess I can't figure out the lingo here. I have done the starter kits, Lux Vapor and e-cigs. Both have which taken me for a 100.00 dollars because of the small print. Anybody ever try them? I want to start but decided to try another trial kit so that things could be charged without waiting. Got lots to do and my mom is who I take care of. I tend to smoke more than ever. So I guess what I need to know in a nut shell is which is best. I have Chantix, makes me nauseous, I have the lozenges which make my throat feel closed, I also have the patch which leaves me wanting to put something in my mouth. I really like the fact of no smell, no hard breathing, and I guess just simply being addicted to nicotine and not all of the stuff that goes in my lungs from regular cigs would be better for my energy level. I get really tired of being "winded" when I have to do strenuous things. Then I think maybe I can get to none at all. I would appreciate any help at all. Oh! and as you all know the expense is horrible to buy the poison of real cigs.

Ditch those expensive starter kits and try the ego. You won't be throwing away your money and you shouldn't have a need for the chantix, lozenges or anything else after you discover vaping on a good device, with a good juice. Do post up in the introduction section if you haven't and feel free to ask any questions. -We have ya covered!

I guess I can't figure out the lingo here. I have done the starter kits, Lux Vapor and e-cigs. Both have which taken me for a 100.00 dollars because of the small print. Anybody ever try them? I want to start but decided to try another trial kit so that things could be charged without waiting. Got lots to do and my mom is who I take care of. I tend to smoke more than ever. So I guess what I need to know in a nut shell is which is best. I have Chantix, makes me nauseous, I have the lozenges which make my throat feel closed, I also have the patch which leaves me wanting to put something in my mouth. I really like the fact of no smell, no hard breathing, and I guess just simply being addicted to nicotine and not all of the stuff that goes in my lungs from regular cigs would be better for my energy level. I get really tired of being "winded" when I have to do strenuous things. Then I think maybe I can get to none at all. I would appreciate any help at all. Oh! and as you all know the expense is horrible to buy the poison of real cigs.

Good luck to your mom. I smoked for 48 years and it wasn't hard at all not smoking analogs after getting an eGo, so my vote is for an eGo but with the kit get a few cartos to see if your mom likes them. Get a couple of bottles of juice and don't go overboard on tobacco. A lot of us thought it would be tobacco that we loved and wanted juice to taste just like tobacco and come to find out, you really don't get the taste of tobacco from a burning cigarette, so of course the taste is different. I bought a bunch of tobacco flavors over this past year and have tried to vape them over and over and I don't like the taste at all. I love my coffee and my "rice pudding" and wouldn't ever want to give them up. Good luck again and keep on vaping.

Keep it simple. She's 55 and won't like "change" If you keep her as close to a real cigarette as possible you'll be better off. Get her an auto battery to start with tobacco flavor (or menthol if that's what she smokes). After she likes it you might be able to upgrade to a manual battery.

try going to westsidevapor.com. that's where i get all my supplies. they have a great selection and have the best prices. i used to smoke 2 packs a day and i haven't smoked for 3 months now. i didn't even want to quit. now i can't stand the taste or smell of cigarettes! i got their clear dual coil low resistance cartridges and i absolutely love them. the starter kit was only $15, and the cartridges are only $10 for 5. they have alot of different flavors in different strengths. the coffee is really good, but my favorite is the menthol. good luck!

If your automatic battery gets liquid on it from a leaking atomizer I heard that it can harm the battery. My Joye 510 has the manual battery and its not hard to press the button at all and it keeps it from going off and firing in your pocket. The battery is closed off on the manual batteries and cant be damaged by leaking atomizers. Id get her a Joye 510 kit and some eliquid in her favorite flavor. Dont buy prefilled cartridges it is much more cost effective to buy blanks and pick up a 30ml bottle of liquid for 10-15 bucks and fill it yourself. Its easy as pie. Like the above comment go to westsidevapor or vaporpro.com and check out the 510 kits. If she like the 510 and wants an upgrade definitely get her an ego. She wont be charging batteries every 3 hours cause the 510 batteries are so small but the closest size to a traditional cigarette. Good luck on her journey into the vaping experience. Vape hard my friends.