Ego-T Battery Leaks At Button

AimeeG

I bought four new ego-T batteries last month. The two black ones leak at the button area. Anyone else have this issue? I use atomizers on them with a Super-T liquid feeder. I've never had this problem before. The cone is tight. I clean out the atomizer connection to the battery and the place where the battery holds the atomizer regularly. Any thoughts?

Jeff and BirdDog: Contacted supplier. Was told that "batteries are completely sealed so there is no way for the liquid to enter into the battery compartment" and that it "is usually a result of leaving the ego on its side over night". With the Super-T VapeMate on the eGo-T battery, I do indeed do this, kind of. The batteries/entire unit is propped up on a raised coaster, about a quarter inch, off it being perfectly horizontal, so maybe a fifteen degree incline. The button faces the ceiling. Maybe it is indeed user error. Anyone have ideas on a resting stand set up? :)

... Anyone have ideas on a resting stand set up? :)

The wall?? lol... J/K.. a simple sturdy glass cup should do the trick, or metal pen holder. Are you sure its comming out through the button, and not down where the atty meets near the button, and it just seems like the button part is leaking? The atty can't be air tight otherwise there would be no air flow for the vape.

I never personally used the Super-T, but based on the pics of it, does it use the standard eGo-T atty or does it use the eGo atty, and the cone?

mjradik, you are a funny guy! the wall, indeed! :) Glass cup, check. Should work. It just seems weird that since I have the battery leaning, with the button toward the ceiling, that the liquid would come through that area and not behind it (the part toward the desk or table). I'm using a just a 510 atomizer, not an eGo-Tank atty. And yes, I use the cone with it. It's weird.

It was purchased from one of our stores. :)

This is the first time I've had anyone state the batteries are leaking from the button. Does the liquid appear to actually be coming from the backside of the button? The button is clear so, if the liquid is coming from the battery, there should be liquid behind the button. (The back of the button is hollow) That's what I'd inspect if the battery was returned. If the liquid simply appears to be on the side of the button it's more likely that liquid has some how dripped down to the button and is now sitting on the sides.

The reason I ask is because the button when removed is shaped like a top hat. The "edges of the hat" go behind the metal portion of the battery. The liquid would hit the back end of the button before coming out of the sides. Thus a good way to tell if the top portion of the battery is leaking or it's simply a case of liquid running down the sides at some point.

If it indeed is coming from the back, we're more than happy to replace the batteries :)

Chris, I didn't want to say where it was from. :harhar: I hope you appreciate me withholding that. :) I'm only trying to figure out what it is that I'm sure I'm doing wrong. When I just pressed on the button to see if it was discolored behind it (i.e., the color of the liquid), it is not. Nice, bright, shiny white LED. It seems that is a simply a case of liquid running down the sides and defying gravity to go around the button (as I rest it button up at the fifteen degree angle, as mentioned previously). It's not a huge issue, I was merely curious if it happened to anyone else and see what I might be doing wrong. Placing it in a cup of some sort while it rests will likely help, especially when it's overnight and in the off mode. I appreciate the help and the service, if it were indeed warranted. (Not the same as "under warranty".)

Aimee I am having this same issue with my eGo-T tybe B when using a LR atty... but the regular atty's dont leak at all... I just asked if any 1 new why in the thread I started when 1st joining this forum in noob questions lmao.... the only thing I can think of is because the LR atty I have seems to get much hotter than the regular atty's maybe causing the e-juice to thin out or some thing? and yes it is a official eGo LR atty... hmm

YouMayLose, I'm not sure if Aimee is leaking for the same reason your atty is. I think its her mod that leaking at the connection to the atty, not sure. But to try and help you out You MayLoose, there can be several reasons why your LR atty is leaking and the other is not. First is, could just be the atty its self. The wick could be to low, or to thin due to a manufacture defect, prolly most likely the case since this is the only atty leaking. Second, could be the exact reason you said already, hot atty mean thins the juice, thus making the seal around the wick tube not as tight, thus causing the leaking. And third it could be the tank cap at the bottom is worn out. Try that tank and cap on your regular atty. Check out this youtube video below, and see if that can help you. I use LR Attys, and they get VERY hot. So hot some times I can't hold the ecig by the atty at all. However, I never have a leaking issue because I use a 20%VG solution, and because I use the pre punched soft bottom caps for the tanks. (See video)