Becoming A Forum Addict

susan55040

Tomorrow is the day. I make the total reform to vaping and off analogs. I find for right now it helps to learn and learn as much as I can about vaping. Wow there is a ton of information. I have occupied much of my time studying about vaping and getting my set up all ready to go. Come to find out I have a buddy who is interested as well. So will be fun comparing notes. Beware I will be staying close to the forums for a while until I get comfortable.

I have a good line up (I think) I currently have the joye ego and stalking up on more juices. Ordered a pass through and a spare ego kit. Heavens knows I do not want to be out here with no back up. I figured the pass through will help.

Did analogs for 30 years. So will be huge for me. Just a rant here. :) Am excited to give it a go. Watched a lot of videos to. I was very impressed.

Good luck Susan, We're all here to cheer you on! :animier: Just be sure not to stress it and have fun (vaping has a little bit of a learning curve so if you have any questions, we're here for ya)!

Okay I got cartomizers in the mail today. I watched a video and preloaded it for tomorrow am. I also saw a video that when spent you can turn the cartomizer into an atomizer (which is what I thought I ordered but new at this) Has any one tried this. Looks like you take a tweezer around the edge and take a needle nose and pull it out when loosened and then it become an atomizer for direct drip.? I do not have the direct drip mouth piece yet has not arrived so am using a different style one. The one that came with the ego. Just pulled the cotton out.

The concern I have about cartomizers is that I will go through lots of e-liquid. More so then if I direct drip. Any thoughts on this?

I would bother messing with the cartomizers. There are some modders out there that come up with some neat tricks, but trust us, at least for now save yourself the headache :)

Cartomizers if used correctly will last about 3-5 days. Some people will use them longer but I find the performance drops greatly after about a week. The filler tends to burn and gunk up. IMO You don't really want to vape out of a nasty old carto ;)

I went from burny, burny, cough, cough to a lame, cigarette shaped e-cig first.

The day I received my Joye eGo, pass through and drip tip to compliment my e-juices, I quit smoking.

Let me restate it a little more strongly. Except for a few hour window on the third day of my eGo, I haven’t even wanted a real cigarette.

-Cantus

I've been smoking.. 8 years now and I'm in the same boat as the O.P. Eagerly waiting my E-go.... I can't wait to share to the forum how it goes! I'm hoping , praying, doing positive reinforcement, educating myself on the forum like crazy, this will work...I will be able to BREATHE again, feel better, live longer, maybe finally run a full lap around the damn track!

Edited by frosting

I am on day 6 and yep it is working. Am learning the different tricks to use. Any newbies coming in give it a good college try it works!!!!!! If I can do this anyone can. I vape heavy through the cravings and it passes. I want to be real open here. I have tried every smoking cessation product known to man. Usually I do not make it beyond 72 hours. One time many years ago I made it 3-months that is it. For the first time I really feel I can do this. The E-cig helps with the hand to mouth and that feeling of depreivation is not there.

BTW not sure why my facebook profile picture transferred over to here???? That is my Grandson. Not sure if that is a good pic to have on here. LOL Sure do not smoke or vape anywhere near him.

That's great to hear Susan! I'm so glad. I told my Mom, a smoker of 44 years about me buying the electronic cigg and she's excited about it too. She has tried many times to quit like you. Its exciting to hear that so far it's working for you because both you and my mom have smoked a long time. Its giving me hope to help my mom. I'm more then happy to let her try it and if she does like it plan on getting her a kit from liberty.... Assuming once i get mine all is good and well, nothing dies in a couple days. I really like their battery warranty so i'm crossing my fingers hoping all will be in good shape when it arrives. It was just shipped today so I'm hoping I'll be able to share how my mom, brother and myself like it sometime this Friday or Saturday. If it works for my mom , brother and myself my whole house will be smoke free! I'm so excited :)

Edited by frosting

Frosting, YAYYYYYYYYYY For you all. :):):):). You will rock this. It is great. Still holding strong here and yes there is lots of assistance. If I can help in anyway please feel free to contact me. You can e-mail me too if you want at susan55040@yahoo.com. I really believe in this as it is working for me and I almost had given up trying. Soon you and your entire family will be analog free. Seriously if I can 30 years plus in I know you all can. :)

Vape one and success is just around the corner. :):):). Now instead of yuck y'all will smell pleasant like fruit or whatever flavors you choose LOL

Aww thanks Susan! That's so sweet of you. I will be making a post when I get it. I'm gonna buy tons of tobacco flavors for my mom if she's into it. I think if i like it, she will too and will want to give it the fair shake. No other way to quit i know of that lets you "smoke" or lets you keep the ritual without the mess. I'm staying positive for myself and my family. My family being heavy, long term smokers, the E-go seemed the only way to go to know for sure if its for us!

Thanks for that tip Cantus. I'm concerned when they use the phrase" a few choice additives" when the whole point is getting away from additives. I'm going to see how Mr. E-Liquid works out... His sample sizes are really cheap. If all else fails, i will defiantly show it to my mom and give it a go if she wants to.

I don’t blame you for being suspicious. When you’re ready, give Geoff and Ramilya a call. Their Mission Statement is simply…

“It is the mission of TastyVapor.us to provide you with wholly unique and delicious e-liquids at affordable prices. Not pre-bottled, pre-mixed and sitting on the shelf liquids, but custom, quality, "made to order" e- liquids allowing YOU the freedom to customize your OWN vaping experience.”

They are responsible for my vaping transition, and I can't thank them enough.

-Cantus

Edited by CantusPro

Just remember... a great tasting, true tobacco flavor is not the easiest thing to find or make. They are hard to replicate since we aren't actually burning anything like with real analogs... not to mention all of the other unknown filler agents and crap that they throw in! I quickly realized this and went to trying the fruit flavors... I soon realized that was what I REALLY liked, especially with the addition of menthol for that little kick and cooling feeling! Keep searching... don't get discouraged... you'll find your happy place at some point.

Actually I find I like the coffee and fruit flavors much better. I did not think I would but like Dayvape said it is a different experience. There are some awesome Juices out there. I recomend staying open to many flavors as they may surprise you. I know you said your Mom is like me a long term smoker. I did Marlboro reds for 30 years and I seriously do not care for the tobacco flavors. Who would have thought? LOL. If she looks at it as an alternative and have fun with it. It really is neat. :)

Ya, i told my mom finding a "true" tasting tobacco is going to be really really difficult. She's always sucking on mints so i'm hoping she'll be open to some other flavors i know she likes while i try to help her find "her" tobacco. I'm tottolly open to fruit flavors. I ordered a "watermelon ice" the fruit with a menthol kick :) I've heard it tastes like jolly ranchers my favorite kind of watermelon so simply can't wait to try it. Also got menthol, i think my ego is gonna come with tobacco cartridges to go though first.