Prefilled Cartomizers

Catmom

I've done a lot of reading. I know that filling your own is considered the best option by most people. It seems to be the ONLY option for a lot of people. But for me, I can't see getting into cleaning cartridges and attys, and filling them, refilling, dripping, etc. It just sounds like so much work! I already have more work than I can get to. I like my prefilled cartomizers. They may not taste as good as the DIY, but they sure taste better than analogs!

I decided on a Kr808 kit because that seemed to have the largest selection of prefilled cartos. I've continued reading and researching since I started vaping (all of 10 days ago, LOL) and it appears there are adapters! So maybe I can still use my prefilled cartomizers and get a better battery? Any suggestions, other than telling me to use the e-liquids? I'd like more battery life. What other advantages are there to the other battery types?

Hi Catmom, even the prefilled Carts and cartos can be refilled at least a few times! I don't know much about the kit your choosing but for battery life eGo is the way to go. As far as filling blank carts and cartos it is very easy to do and if you go to the tutorial page on this forum it shows you how :)

Yeah, buy the empty cartos, I promise you it is WAY better than pre-filled. They are often not filled all the way... and who knows how long they have been sitting on the shelf, they are a waste of money really. With cartos, I simply fill a few with my preferred flavors, then after I have used each one for several days (3-5 typically) I toss it and refill a few more... why not, they are cheap!! Keep in mind... as I'm using them I'm also making sure to 'top-off' often to keep them nice and wet... cartos must stay wet! My rule of thumb is that once I notice a decrease in flavor/vapor... it's time to 'top-off' again with 5 or 6 drops (as needed). Then, once they filler material starts to take on a brown/nasty tint and starts tasting 'off', it's about time to trash it. (You'll know when it's time, don't even waste time boiling them, just grab a new one!) It's really very simple... and you can have a piece of mind that they are filled properly, and with juice that is tasty and fresh! That's the easiest, most hassle free way I have found at least.... doesn't really require any tinkering and/or cleaning at all! Cartos are disposable... and once you get the hang of filling them it becomes second nature. You will find yourself quickly filling them in a matter of minutes with no leaks or problems at all!

Nothing beats a brand new / freshly filled carto!! Good luck! :thumbup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I completely agree with Dayvape, don't bother cleaning cartos. Fill them up, top them off when needed, when they start looking or tasting old, toss them. If you buy your own juice, you can decide flavors, PG/VG mix and get exactly what you want, it is not hard at all.

If you want to keep using the KR808 cartomizers but want a bigger battery, the iGo has a KR808D-1 connection. The battery is 1100mah so should give you great battery life.

iGo Kit - http://shop.nhaler.com/The-iGo-igo.htm

iGo Battery: http://shop.nhaler.c...ery-igobatt.htm

iGo Charger: http://shop.nhaler.c...Charger-753.htm

I have not used one so can't vouch for it. You may want to look into it though.

Edited by Brian

Thanks! I remember seeing one site that included a free bottle of juice with a carto order (or maybe it was a starter kit order), if I can find that site again it would be a good way of trying the liquid. I'll definitely look into the iGo battery.

I checked out the iGo battery, and found that nhaler.com has a new KR808 kit. It sounds really cool. Here's the description:

KR808-DM1 Kit is our newest KR808 Model with a stylish matching larger capacity (2mL) Horizontal coil Cartomizer. You will be shocked with the flavor and vapor of this new Big Battery Ecig. Comes with 2- 480 Mah batteries that have the NEW Click Switch Technology and Smart Charge indicator to let you know the degree of remaining charge left on your battery.

Click the button three times and your battery is off, and safe for your pocket or purse. Click three more times and your back to vaping!!! These will work with all KR808 cartos.

Currently available in 2 colors, Red Ice and Blue Ice. A great textured paint look. Also available with 2 flavors 555 and Menthol. Blanks are also available for sale separately.

Not the largest batt on the market, but bigger than what I'm using now. I love the idea of having an indicator that tells me how much charge I have left on my battery. And the colors are really cool too ;) The blank cartos are $2.00 each. Is that a good price for a blank carto?

I work from home and don't go out a lot - the longest I'm away from home is usually about 6 hours to play golf, and so far one Kr808 batt has been fine for that. My biggest complaint about my batts is when I go outside with my husband for a smoke break (for him, a vape break for me) and my batt dies. Then I have to go back inside to get a charged one, and he's done smoking by the time I get back outside, LOL. So having an indicator would help me to be sure to have an extra charged batt in my pocket when my batt is running low.

Deal of the day: Boge LR 510 cartos for about half that price... ok, $1.20 each.

Boge 510's: http://shop.goodprop...0&categoryId=34

Here are the GP branded ones... not sure who makes them.

They are the gold threaded ones... which i don't prefer.

Never tried them... cheap though!

GP 808D's: http://shop.goodprop...2&categoryId=56

Edited by DAYVAPE

Deal of the day: Boge LR 510 cartos for about half that price... ok, $1.20 each.

Boge 510's: http://shop.goodprop...0&categoryId=34

Here are the GP branded ones... not sure who makes them.

They are the gold threaded ones... which i don't prefer.

Never tried them... cheap though!

Hey DayVape, VaporKings still has the bulk option for the Boge carto, reduced price for 10 or more. Plus the discount code VTALK15 for 15% off. After shipping, it comes out to about $1.02 per carto.

THAT'S just a wonderful thing... 50 cartos for $89.50! MINUS $29.50 ! Great deal... order placed. Thanks again for the reminder... that's what friends are for! AMEN.

I should prolly stop now... I only have roughly 200 blanks ready to rock that 'always better than an atty' way !!

Those of us 'in the know' will agree that nothing beats that freshly filled carto!!

CARTO LOVERS... UNITE!! :evil:

Edited by DAYVAPE

The more I learn, the less I know! I found the tutorials section and watched the video on filling cartos with the "condom" method (LOL, when I first saw that term, I thought it involved actual condoms!) and I think even I can handle that!

So --- which supplier? Should I look for a sample pack? PG/VG mix? Everything I've tried so far (in prefilled cartos) has been 100% PG. I still have some issues with coughing, though it's getting a little better, and I wonder if I might be sensitive to PG (why not, I'm allergic to penicillin, sulfa, cats, grass, pollen, dust mites, etc etc). But I've read that VG juices tend to mute the flavor.

I'm really enjoying vaping, but it's sure a steep learning curve!

Thanks again for all the advice.

Another sure-fire problem is that VG simply does not wick to the coil as well in cartos. Some people use a blend with some success... but I find that it does greatly affect the performance when using VG to any extent in my juices. I like... and stick with, 100% PG in mine. Works/wick the best by far... only problem is that it is definitely stronger than VG. VG will mute flavors and is 'softer' feeling on the inhale. Two reasons I don't care for it at all... I actually prefer that 'kick in the back of me throat' that PG helps give. You could get away with say 80/20 PG/VG I would guess.... see if that helps any. Too often, folks describe a 'burnt/nasty' taste with cartos, and stick with atty's... but I have a feeling that many of them are probably using a PG/VG mix that doesn't wick very well in the filler material. Of course, if one just chiefs away w/o letting the juice soak in, then you will end up with that bad tasting carto. PG simply is the best thing for them if you can vape it. Period. HAPPY VAPING!

Edited by DAYVAPE

So now I think I need to find a place where I can get sample-size bottles to try in all PG, all VG and a mixture, to see which works best for me. If it weren't for my coughing when I inhale vapor, I'd be sold on 100% PG. I've read a lot about VG being thicker and just not working as well. But if I'm sensitive to PG and will always cough when I use it, I'm never going to get the most out of vaping. I've checked a few sites that have samples, but they don't all have low nic samples. I'm liking my 6 mg cartos and I don't want to go back up to 12. I should probably also try a small bottle in 0 nic PG to see if it's the nic that's making me cough. It amazes me that even with all the confusion and challenges, I'm still enjoying vaping way more than smoking!

You might also try just adding a little bit of VG (to 100% PG juices) at a time to take that 'edge' off if it's too harsh on the inhale. Just go buy you a bottle of VG at a local Pharmacy... that's where I found mine. It's quite cheap! It could also be the nic... for sure... but I doubt it at 6mg. Good luck! Let us know how things are going... we're here to help!

Edited by DAYVAPE

I've been looking at cartos for filling. When they say empty or blank, I assume that means totally empty? No filling? Do I need filling? I did pull the top off a spent carto I have, and there was what looked like white cotton or gauze in there. I'm such a noob! I want cartomizers that are ready to be filled using the condom method. Help!

Catmom, it sounds like you have carts (cartridges) they have a foam like material that you drip into till it gets soggy like a slushy. Cartos (cartomizers) have a rubber cap at the end you pop off and fill in a variety of ways including the condom method :)

Ron, they're definitely cartomizers. I got Kr808 starter kits (a Vapor King and a Volt). They're 2-piece units. Maybe cotton or gauze wasn't the best way to describe what's left in there. It's a white material, and all I can see other than that is the hole that goes down the center.

Edited by Catmom

Ok they are cartos and they can be refilled a few times even if they were prefilled in the beginning although unless you know what was in there you could be mixing two different kinds. If they are empty cartos you have to fill them before use. There are some videos on how to do this right on this forum. Chris shows one way of dripping into the carto with it slightly tilted. If you can not find it I will post the link. :)

Yep, the cartos come with the white filler in them... you just add the juice of your liking. The condom method works fine on the first fill...just make sure the filler is nicely saturated before using. ( I fill several at a time and set them up on the threaded end so the juice soaks down, then top off if needed) Then, as you vape and it's time to add juice, just pull your drip tip off (if you don't have a drip tip... get some!) and 'top-off' by dripping several drops down the sides while rotating. You will know when it's time to add juice by the slight change in flavor and vapor. Remember, cartos like to be nice and wet, so when you notice the flavor decrease it's time to top it off. I typically take 8 - 10 good drags (about a analogs worth for me) and then set it down till next time. Then, before the next use, I will just top it off again. I don't wait until the filler starts drying up or the flavor/vapor has totally gone away.... that's a good way to shorten their lifespan anyway. The nice thing about topping off between vape sessions is you don't ever have to worry about getting that harsh/dry hit that an atty gives you if you are low on juice. Never get that with a carto... which is what I really like about them. Don't have to count friggin' drops or wonder if you are going to get a harsh hit or good hit! Very simple really. Happy Vaping!

Edited by DAYVAPE