Slight Difference In Cartomizers

I have noticed a difference in the cartos I bought in the beginning and the ones I got recently. I was beginning to think the new cartos I bought were defective? I was getting small amounts of vapor and TH unless I pulled on them longer than usual! I still have some of the 1st batch so I cleaned them and tried them and they still work great? So I looked at the two side by side and have noticed something different between the two. Where the battery makes a connection the original ones match up in size to the connector on the battery and on the new type cartos it is much larger and doesn't match as well? I'm not sure this would make a difference but the results are telling me it may. I tried to take a pic of the two but it did not come out so i made a little diagram to hopefully show you what I am talking about. Type A is the old type and type B the new type.

post-10360-0-61284100-1314021254_thumb.j

If you notice type A,s connector is much smaller and matched the battery connector in size. (Oh by the way I am using a standard 510 batt from the 510 starter kit and hopefully will get an eGo soon :))

But in the mean time the 510 is working just great :)

Anyone else notice or having this problem? The cartos are working but just not as well as the 1st ones?

Are they suppose to be the same brand? Looking at my Boge cartos, I'd say they are like Type A in your diagram. Looking at a SmokeTech Dual Coil, it looks like Type B in your diagram. I didn't like the dual coils at all.

I have found the Bauway carto's were just not very good at all .There were a few good ones but most ended up in the trash right away.Boge is way more consistant although you will find one once in a while where the air hole down the middle is smashed shut from the get go.The size does not matter ,so I am told .As long as they make good contact and allow for air to flow.

Both were purchased from here, the one on the left is the one you guys are currently advertising (510/eGo High Performance Cartomizer Standard) and the one on the right I bought a few weeks ago and came from China (i believe to be the 510 Standard). Hope this helps! What I mean about the size is let's call it a pin on the batt and carto are both around let's say around 3mm in diameter and the new ones let's say 5mm. I've tried the Boge ones too and they are similar to the latest ones. Maybe it is hard to find a match for the standard 510 batt? Well anyway the old ones match and work great, tons of vapor and TH, so I don't get it but I guess I will order till I find them again....lol :cheers:

Edited by Viper Ron

Just to clarify we have 2 stores that are part of the Vapor Talk family. Forever Vapor which is our direct shipping site and Vapor Talk. They are both a part of VaporTalk but does not necessarily mean both stores carry the same products. The Vapor Talk store carries Boge Brand Soft Top cartomizers. However, the Forever Vapor store carries KR soft top cartomizers. They are not the same though they may look it at first.

KR cartomizers tend to burn quicker but do not last as long. Boge cartomizers (what I prefer personally) are a bit cooler but tend to last longer. In general most customers prefer the Boge soft top cartomizers (Vapor Talk Store) but the KR 510's are fairly new.

Thanks Chris, would you happen to know a site that carries the KR,s? I guess the only way to know for sure is to try them and see. Thanks again

P.S How do I get the Over 18?: Yes...........off my page in this forum :)

Edited by Viper Ron

Alright, maybe I'm thinking a bit to hard on this. The new ones are working maybe needed a bit of breaking in time or just a bit of a different approach. Seems if I draw a bit longer and slower I get want I'm looking for although on the older ones it's a bit quicker draw I guess. Giving time I will learn the ropes :)

Just to clarify... the Boge cartos / silver threads... are by far the best of the two. (Boge vs. KR)

I will also say, I grabbed a box of the 'Yeti' cartos from AltSmoke, and they are as good or better than the Boges!

These things rock! It almost seems like they are Boges... but I don't see that marked anywhere on the box?

Anyone try these and know what the story is on them? I know I'm really liking them.. that's for darn sure.

http://altsmoke.com/accessories/carts-html/yetinpcart.html

Edited by DAYVAPE

• 2 months later...