E Cigs At Amusement Parks

Well I went to SixFlags in Jackson,NJ and of course I brought my Provari. I was worried that going through metal detector they were going to give me a hard time. First time through not even a word or second glance, but when I came in from having lunch at the car (no way I was paying $11 for 3 chicken fingers!) the second time through they did ask me what it was. I told them and they said well I've never seen one like that before. The guy seemed a bit too busy to push it further and just let me in.

At Six Flags in Jersey the have designated smoking areas and I used for the most part to avoid confrontation. I did stealth vape here and there without a problem. Which was quite nice when I couldn't find one of the four smoking areas in the park. One time when I was in the smoking area I did get a lady ask me what it was and started a conversation about the benefits and how much it has helped me. She seemed quite interested so I gave her a vendor card, but who knows.

I was surprised at how accepting people are getting of ecigs. I live in a pretty rural area and don't get too many people that have even heard of ecigs so I didn't know what to expect. Oh and by the way, while riding roller coasters remember to turn your ecig off when it's in your pocket. Only made that mistake once. LOL!

I went to 6 Flags this last weekend out here in SoCal and did not have one problem. Security didnt even ask about. Then again, I had my ego and not my Provari.

Have yet to be in an amusement park but going to Hersheypark next weekend and will see. Just spent the last weekend in NYC and have been doing lots of travelling lately with no issues whatsoever. I don't neccessarily stealth vape (generally a nose exhale in public), but i also don't make it a point to blow out big obnoxious clouds of vapor either. So far I have used in the following places quite normally with no issues at all: Amtrak train, boarding areas in 6 major airports, Penn Station, NY taxi cabs, hotel lobby at the Intercontinental in NYC, Broadway theater lobby, minor league baseball games (in the stands), tons of restaurants and bars and even in the local police station! I have yet to be approached and 'reprimanded' (except for the tour guide during an outdoor animal tour at Penns Cave in PA - then when I explained she apologized). Again, I am not blatantly obvious, nor do i really hide the vapor. I think in general people are just not paying attention, nor do they care enough to confront. I love being a vaper and will continue to 'politely' push the envelope (even though it drives my wife nuts!).

I found it quite refreshing being asked what it was. I like opening peoples eyes to something that may work for them just by sharing my experience. Once I told them how cheap it was compared to smoking I really got their attention. Come to think of it, it's kinda depressing that monetary benefits outweighed the health benefits. Hey, whatever the reason for stopping is its a good one.

I was just at the Jackon, NJ Six Flags with my two brothers and my cousin in July. We did the VIP Tour as we do once every year. Out of courtesy, I went to have a vape over in one of the squared-off smoking areas but our Tour Guide saw my Ego-T, asked me if that was an E-Cig, and he absolutely insisted that I don't bother with the blue squared-off areas. He said not to worry and to just be comfortable and use the E-cig as we walked from one ride to the next. Very cool.

• 2 months later...

I've been told in a wal mart that smoking wasn't allowed once when I was vaping on my blu inside, and I saw some old couple get very upset and tell a waitress in a diner I was smoking, only to have her look at my table with a puzzled facial expression(there was no smoke, no smell of smoke, and I put my PV away before she could see or say anything). Other than that, I don't really get much attention. Some people give me weird looks, but if anyone ever says anything, it's usually "what the hell is that thing?" They tell me it looks like some sort of drug pipe, to which I usually reply, "What drug pipe do you know of with a button? And where would the drugs go?" I only really carry my megalodon with me anymore. I can understand them being confused about what it is, but a drug pipe? These people must not be too familiar with drugs or what a pipe looks like... I've had a few friends tell me it looks like a dildo too, which I thought was kinda funny(and more accurate of a description than a drug pipe, really).

Most people seem to know what e-cigs are now, and they understand once I tell them, but they never know that my megalodon is an e-cig in the first place. Also, they always say, "I've never seen one like that."

I love trying to talk people into trying it because I know of the great benefits but for me to explain everything and how it works gets kind of old after repeating it all the time lol. But I enjoy trying to help people get away from them nasty cancersticks.

Now that the summer has come to a close, i can say that i have vaped at many amusement parks with little or no hassle whatsoever. I vaped walking through the park, standing in line, and even on a ride or two! I have been to Seaworld, Kennedy Space Center, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hersheypark, and Hollywood Studios. Got a couple odd looks in line, but was only approached by staff twice...both times in Seaworld. The employees politely said there was no smoking in the park, but when i showed them my Ego, they said 'No problem'. I was even able to share info about ecigs with 2 other people who seemed interested.

Spent 10 days at different parks in Florida this summer. I had no troubles. I had stealth vaped everywhere. I did go into smoking sections with my wife for big vape sessions. Nobody seemed to mind. I even vaped on the plane(stealth for sure).