Finally Quit But Not Happy With Systems

Chindra

I have been trying different systems for about a year now but didn't quit until July 4th of this year. I can't seem to find a system to fulfill my heavy smoking habit. I have been smoking for 41 years but only about a pack/pack and a half a day. I find I want to vape more than my systems allow. Right now I have the E-Health cig.. I have also tried N-Joy, G4 system and some other one that just would not work from the start. What do you suggest for a heavy smoker. I like the way my breathing/coughing has improved and want to stay smoke free!!

Thanks in advance

Welcome Chindra, I'd recommend the eGo kit with 900mAh batteries. Buy a 5 pack of 2.0 Ohm LR (Low Resistance) cartomizers also. And/or dual coil cartomizers. I purchase most of my things from vaporkings.com in Tulsa/Sand Springs Oklahoma. (Close to Missouri) :) Great place! Great people! The eGo has long battery life and with the LR and dual coil cartomizers it will give you lots of vapor and great throat hit too. I use to smoke over a pack a day of Djarum Blacks. This set up got me to quit smoking cigarettes. Tastyvapor.us is a good place for liquids. avejuice.com and cloudsofvapor.com are also good places to try. Hope this helps!

Jay gave you stellar advice, you simply can't go wrong with the eGo and Boge cartomizers from VK's. They are a fantastic company.

Chindra, this is a great thing your doing for yourself. I know how hard and frustrating trying to find what works can be, and it's often a bit depressing too. But you will get it, keep hanging in here, this is a great forum and everyone will help when you need it. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. Do you drive there or shop online Jay. I will be back at MSU come fall. Yes I am the lil old lady living in a dorm!! School late in life SUCKS!! If you do how far away from Joplin is it? I can gauge how far from Springfield it would be then.

@ perroblanco: I am a menthol smoker.. I know... double addiction lol. So I would be looking for a good menthol juice. I thought I found one but the supplier is not that dependable. I will be trying Jay's advice and will let you all know how it goes!!! Happy to be here and thank you again.

Hi Chindra! I always recommend the eGo, too. I smoked a pack and a half a day for 34 years before finally quitting with ecigs. I went through a lot of different devices before they came out with the eGo and that's the one I've used the most now. I've gone on to some "mods", too, and love the ones I have, but I still use the eGo. I'm fairly certain it will do the trick for you. I also agree with the suggest of the LR attys...they're absolutely the way to go with the eGo. Much more satisfying vapor. I was not a menthol smoker, but I've heard that Tasty Vapor makes a fantastic menthol. You might want to give it a try. I do vape even more than I ever smoked (because I love it so much more than I did smoking) and find that I go through the eGo batteries faster than a lot of people do. I keep 4 batteries on hand - just in case. Usually one will finish charging before I need to charge the one I'm using, but if I can't be where I can charge, I need those extras. Just a thought. I also keep plenty of backups around...extra attys (lots), liquid (lots), and a spare charger. You don't want to run out of any one thing and have to resort to buying smokes again.

Good luck and happy vaping!!!

Edited by nana

Total agreement and great advice from the others. Being it sounds as though you'll be hitting this hard and often....I'd be serious about looking at the KGO 1100mah from Hoosier E-Cig. This being a true 3.7 device (but just a large Ego) and will easily last you all day with Boge 2.0 cartos. It will run right along side my Omega 18650 Mod without a hiccup, but is much more slender and easier to carry. All the while it has the nice soft activation switch of the Riva.

Was never a menthol smoker but tried some for vaping and found them to be tolerable. However, I actually purchase Halo Menthol Ice and it's top dog in my book. Nice hint of vanilla on exhale and lot's of kick. Good luck on your venture and congrates on accomplishments thus far.

I highly recommend the Ego T for starters then probably move on to 510 cartomizers (also comes in eGo carts). I use the Ego T from cignot.com with 1000maH batteries. It lasts me about 2-3 days between charges on med to heavy vaping. Got my juices from avejuice.com (Boba's Bounty and Blue Berry + Menthol drops).

Thanks for the advice. Do you drive there or shop online Jay. I will be back at MSU come fall. Yes I am the lil old lady living in a dorm!! School late in life SUCKS!! If you do how far away from Joplin is it? I can gauge how far from Springfield it would be then.

@ perroblanco: I am a menthol smoker.. I know... double addiction lol. So I would be looking for a good menthol juice. I thought I found one but the supplier is not that dependable. I will be trying Jay's advice and will let you all know how it goes!!! Happy to be here and thank you again.

From Springfield using I-44 WEST it's about 2 hrs 56 mins / 187.78 miles to Sand Springs, OK. I always order online. They have two locations right now. One in Tulsa and one in Sand Springs, just west of Tulsa. They are set up for internet orders and I think you can pick up pre-placed orders at the Sand Springs location. But unless you want to take the drive, you should just place the order online. http://www.vaporkings.com/Default.asp http://mapq.st/qnDcBL Be sure to check there store hours on the website if you plan a trip. I also added a mapquest link. :)

Thanks Jay I will order online!! They don't sell systems with the 900 batts but Rob from customer support thought the 650 would be a good place to start. He also suggested the Boge 2.0 carts. I have never used a cart before, any advice on this or are attys and carts pretty much the same quality wise?

Thanks Jay I will order online!! They don't sell systems with the 900 batts but Rob from customer support thought the 650 would be a good place to start. He also suggested the Boge 2.0 carts. I have never used a cart before, any advice on this or are attys and carts pretty much the same quality wise?

Using the plastic cartridge and atomizer thats included in the eGo kit is kinda out dated nowadays. I never thought they worked well anyway. The atomizers that come with the eGo kits can be used for direct dripping though. Most people buy a drip tip to pop on top of the atomizer and toss the cartridge away. I tried direct dripping for a short time. I quickly switched to using cartomizers. You fill them using the bottom fill method AKA condom fill method. You can go to youtube and find several videos on how to fill cartomizers. Also listed on the forum. I'll add a link below as an example. After you fill them for the first time you can just drip a few drops into the top as needed. Buy a couple of 510 drip tips. They work and feel better, plus you don't have to pull the small white soft caps off when you want to add a few drops to the cartomizer. :)

I started out with the 650mAh eGo batteries. I bought a 900mAh eGo battery later on, after one of my 650's died. The 2.0 Ohm LR cartomizers work great on the eGo. I recently tried the newer dual coils. It's a toss up which one is better. Leaning towards the dual coils being better though. Here's a link I found just to give you some idea of how you fill them the first time.

Youtube has a lot of good videos!

Also "Grimmgreen" does some great equipment and juice reviews on youtube! :) I'm also going to try the eGo MEGA dual coil cartomizers at madvapes.com They have good reviews, hold lots of juice and also look nice on the eGo batteries. http://www.madvapes.com/eGo-Mega-Dual-Coil-Cartomizer_p_3140.html

Hope this helps! :)

If you were a heavy smoker, I would make two recommendations: firstly DO get (as others have suggested) a bigger battery device like an eGo (or a "mod" device that will take regular Li-ion batteries - bigger but work out cheaper on batteries - I'll let others argue about which one), and secondly - use low resistance atomisers or cartomisers.

• 2 weeks later...

Chindra

As you can see I have not been analog free for long, but I did find a great ecig. It's a V2. I have been using this since July 15th 2011. You might want to check the website out www.v2cigs.com I was sold when I saw there was a lifetime guarantee on the e cigs. All you have to do is buy thier carts which to me is worth is because I have had 1 of my e cigs tip break and with no questions asked they sent me another one, another good thing is they give you a 30 money back guarantee that you will like their product. I buy the empty cartomizer and fill it myself with different e liquids. I really like gourmet vapor, I am able to make the flavors I like and you get to choose how strong of a flavor you like. Take a look, it wont hurt. You can get discounts for ordering and giving coupon numbers for discounts. Let me know what YOU think..

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the quit. I agree the eGo is the pv you need. I was always a 510lr atty kind of girl, direct drip and that sort of thing, but I bought some of the dual coil cartomizers and i really like the production and the amount of juice they hold. I use these on my eGo and I use a regular 510 cartomizer and drip tip on my Porvari and I'm at about 4.7 or 4.8 volts on the Provari. I switch back and forth between the eGo and the Provari because the one great fault the Provari has is it is too heavy for me to use all the time. I hope one of these days they will come out wirth a vv that's just like the Provari but small and light weight for us ladies. But anyway I'm pleased as punch with my set up now. You mentioned juice and since I didn't smoke menthols when I smoked I don't really know about them but someone on this forum said that the Vape Placid that Kick Bass Vapors carries is really a good menthol. They are good folks to deal with and they are reasonable regarding their pricing. Good luck on your journey..

My favorite juice is the dk tab or dark tobacco. i agree with the eGo recommendation. eGo and Ego-T, have been my favorite by far, but if you like the slimmer electronic cigarettes, i wouldn't recommend an American brand. i found the generic joy510 and it's personal rechargeable carrying pack extremely useful. I also prefer shopping online because it's far less expensive, even with shipping and handling.

Hi Chindra

One important thing to consider when starting out? I personally would not purchase anything which holds a ton of juice such as the GoGo, Ego Mega Dual, or other high capacity delivery carto device. For example......you will put 3.5ml of juice into a Mega Dual when your undecided on the juice itself.

Boge 2.0 is perfect for trying juices with very little loss if it's not to your liking. If they're new, you can just rinse, dry, and start over and grab another one while you wait for that one to dry. The tank atty is also a great delivery device for trying juices and I actually mix juices in the tank. I would recommend genuine Joye for the tank atty and the LR Type B . Others have suggested the 650mah as a good battery to start and would agree.......this battery, 2.0 Boge, and some trial juices would serve you very well.

Good luck!

Edited by maverick

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone for all the input. Jay I got my eGo system today and I a love it. I got the dual coil carts to go with it. VaporKings gave me an excellent price. I really appreciate everyone's advice. You folks ROCK!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone for all the input. Jay I got my eGo system today and I a love it. I got the dual coil carts to go with it. VaporKings gave me an excellent price. I really appreciate everyone's advice. You folks ROCK!!

Glad you love the eGo! I love mine too. :) Hey, if ya wanna try some other good dual coils that are standard length, avidvaper.com has some great ones. I got me several packs lately. I think, IMO, they are even better than the ones at vaporkings. Here's the link. http://www.avidvaper.com/products/X2-LR-1.5ohm-Dual-Coil-510-Cartomizers.html They also have some nice XXL duals that come with a soft rubber whistle tip. I haven't tried them yet but they look nice. Longer and larger in diameter too. (But I don't know if these work well or not) PLUS the eGo cones probably won't fit over them. I'll probably buy (1) with a small order next month. You can get 5 packs or singles. :)