Storing E-Liquid Question

JT_Hunter

Heat is the enemy of e-liquid. It should be stored at room temperature. I left a bottle of liquid in my car once and it lost all flavor and potency. :(

Keeping the e liquid in the fridge can cause it to taste "off." I would recommend just keeping it at room temp, away from sunlight.

I agree with TheNameless, from what I have read on all the forums.

The thing with the e-liquid is that they haven't been tested for log enough , to provide us with the right answers about how to store them, how to use them... for the best accomplishment.

I noticed that if you forget them in the car ashtray for a day or so, they would change their color and the taste as well. So the heat must have a bad influence and the atomizer as well might get broken. As about he cold of the fridge... I never thought that the taste might get low in intensity. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I need to know if there is any harm in keeping my E-Liquid in my car in the heat. I like to have my juice with me no matter where I am...office...home...etc...just in case I run out

It's best to keep e-liquid at room temperature away from any light and heat source. Light and heat reduce nic strength (like mention already) and will ruin juices. Storing in the refrigerator can cause some some juices to separate.

Uhhh, I would like to comment about the fridge storage. Everyone here says you shouldn't, BUT the juice I buy. right here at forevervapor, it says on the label, and I quote, "Keep in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator for extended life." juice is cheep. Buy lots of bottles, and keep some at home, and some at work. Then you will always have some. If you are pressed about keeping some in your car, for like a road trip or something, get a small personal cooler, and put a couple of those freezer packs in with them to keep cool. I don't think I would put in ice though, prolly to cold. I'm sure extream cold/freezing could be as bad as heat, but thats just a guess.

Uhhh, I would like to comment about the fridge storage. Everyone here says you shouldn't, BUT the juice I buy. right here at forevervapor, it says on the label, and I quote, "Keep in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator for extended life." juice is cheep. Buy lots of bottles, and keep some at home, and some at work. Then you will always have some. If you are pressed about keeping some in your car, for like a road trip or something, get a small personal cooler, and put a couple of those freezer packs in with them to keep cool. I don't think I would put in ice though, prolly to cold. I'm sure extream cold/freezing could be as bad as heat, but thats just a guess.

Interesting. I was told totally different by my supplier. Like mentioned above, not enough testing on storage for our specific uses. Thanks for the info :)

Ahh. You have a menthol flavored liquid. It as made from either menthol crystals or menthol liquid and not from food type flavorings. The storage could differ for menthol based liquids but I do not know of any. Well when regulation of this industry takes place then their will be storage guidelines set in place. Do all the bottles you have this same label?

The Menthol liquid from Forever Vapor does not contain menthol crystals. And while the liquid does say to store it in a refrigerator, personally, I don't. The liquid from Forever Vapor is stock Dekang e liquid. It is not a custom mix. That is what Dekang chooses to place on their bottles.

As for Vapor Talk liquid, it's best placed in a dark place at around 70-80 degrees max. Colder is of course better than warmer. But I've stored juices a number of ways and those temps seem to work best.

For other vendor liquids, you'd need to speak with them as each vendor creates their liquid a bit different. Especially the US mixers. :)

Gulf Cost Vapor - Yes, all bottles have the same label reguardless of flavor. And as Chistopher pointed out, its the label the manufacture chooses to put on there. Thanks for the other info Chris. So the overall concesus is, which everyone can agree on, room tempature is best, and dark.

Gulf Cost Vapor - Yes, all bottles have the same label reguardless of flavor. And as Chistopher pointed out, its the label the manufacture chooses to put on there. Thanks for the other info Chris. So the overall concesus is, which everyone can agree on, room tempature is best, and dark.

Yes I would say that's a fair conclusion :) I think most important more than anything - No sun light, no heat.