Need Help With Ego Bat

I have 2 1000mAh ego passthroughs, unfortunately one basically quit working. If I plug it into a usb it sometimes hits, but only once in a while. It acts like it's not getting power to the atty, the light under the button lights up normally, and when on the usb the charging light comes on normally (when the button is pressed). Any ideas?????

Neither of my batts has the 5-click protection on them, and the 10 click reset doesn't seem to work. This batt quit working on me once before, but started working again fine shortly after. The usb in the end seems to be a bit loose, it can spin a very short ways in the end (about 10-15 degrees, which shouldn't be enough to cause a problem).

Probably gonna be ordering new batts soon, but I've only had my current batts for about 2 months.

If anything is moving that's a bad sign. If you're a tinkerer like me, you'll probably want to take it apart, but not before you have some new ones first, and definitely not while it's plugged in. It the ends spin, There's a possibility the wires are loose from their solder connections. You don't want to spin it too far and cross the wires inside!

If you feel you've gotten enough use out of them, toss 'em out and get some new ones. This is one of the reasons to move up to a solid Mod with replaceable batteries- something you can take apart and make adjustments/cleaning.

Those units are nice though, I have the same passthrough and it's been working fine so far. Good luck; please be careful.

Chris, I said at the bottom of my first post about 2 months. These are the batteries I quit smoking with.

would the button light still come on if it was a short? I have a second battery, so I'm ok for now, but I'll probably need to order new ones soon.

Any idea where I can get a walkthrough or something for pullin apart the bat Tektronik? I know how to solder etc, so if it's just a disconnected wire or something, I can hopefully fix it at least long enough to hold out till I can get new batteryes or a mod

Edited by 9tailedfox

You may try lifting the center pin. With a small screw driver, gently pry up the center pin on the battery (the part that will connect to the center of the attys). You really just need to wiggle it. Sometimes they get smashed down some and wiggling it will cause it to raise back up.

Chris, I said at the bottom of my first post about 2 months. These are the batteries I quit smoking with.

would the button light still come on if it was a short? I have a second battery, so I'm ok for now, but I'll probably need to order new ones soon.

Any idea where I can get a walkthrough or something for pullin apart the bat Tektronik? I know how to solder etc, so if it's just a disconnected wire or something, I can hopefully fix it at least long enough to hold out till I can get new batteryes or a mod

There are some videos on YouTube on how to take an eGo battery apart. Be careful not to be too forceful, it's all press fitted. You don't want to bend or stretch anything too far because the assembly will become loose, at that point, only some thread sealer will help keep it together.

It's tough to take them apart without damaging them. As was already said they are pressed. However, if you get some vice grips and wrap them with some electrical tape, you should be able to "unscrew" the bottom of the unit. Top removes the same way. It will take quite a bit of force to remove the top portion. (where the silver meets the black)

Wiggling it didn't seem to help, but thanks for the suggestion.

Really seems like a short. I have no idea how to take the battery apart though, any help would be appreciated

It's appears to be more like an intermittent "open" on the switch side. If it's still charging, then that side is fine. I wouldn't risk twisting the USB end anymore; if you connect it and the wire really detaches from the solder, you could damage your USB circuits on your computer. If you wanna play, use a powered USB hub instead.

Back to the switch side, When you pull it apart, it should be obvious which wires are loose, you can solder them back together and hopefully it will work again. Be very careful your solder doesn't come in contact with the casing. You know what? Just toss the thing, and find a replacement.

Ok, got a new battery. it's a 1000 mAh eGo-T passthrough. If I can find a video on disassembling and reassembling a battery, I'd like to try to fix my broken one. Gives me an extra battery to work with/loan to friends who want to quit smoking.

Can somebody link a video of how to pull an eGo battery apart? I looked on Youtube and couldn't find one.