Ready To Step Up (A Little)

Hi there

I own a set of Ego-T's for me and my wife, she loves it and I do too, but I feel like I need to kick it up a notch, that's why I need your help.

Couple days ago I bought a MAP tank from COV and should be here next week, but I like to plan ahead and be ready for my next purchase in case this one doesn't work as I expect it to.

I need something that can hold a charge for some time, not a big issue because I always stay on top of charging and always carry spares if going out for a long time.

Need to hold plenty of juice, I hate to refill constantly, that's why I started with a tank system from the get go.

IMPORTANT: I don't think there's a 100% LEAK FREE PV in the market, but I want to stay away from leaky products, heat in TX is a big issue, I guess you heard about it lol, and I carry my PV with my on my van and it stays there long hours, sometimes I throw it in inside my cooler, but it leaks no matter what.

If I can buy something with this features without having to take a loan for it I'd be HAPPY :thumbsup:

Shoot your preferences here and guide me through this process

Thanks and Happy 4th !

Have you tried using Boge Cartomizers? They last quite a long time in between fills and they don't usually leak. They'll fit right onto your eGo T and cost about 8 bucks.

Shoot me a link Chris, I might add a couple on my next order :thumbup:

I live in Houston too and I dont have any problems with leaking and i leave my tank in my car, inside the covered cup holder standing up in an empty pill bottle. I am not a big fan of the MAP tank mod, in fact, if you do like it, I have plenty of replacement cartomizers and a pipe cutter if you want to buy them. I prefer the liquinator, which uses the BOGE cartomizers and doesn't burn. The MAP tank always burns for me after about 5MLs or so. I plan on selling my extra stuff, including the MAP tanks and refills soon. If you like them and would like to buy them locally, let me know.

I use my MAP tanks exclusively. Mine don't leak, but I have found it works best for me if I clean them often. I tear them down completely and rinse the wicks under the faucet with warm water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Then I do a dry burn to get the gunk off the coils. It just takes a few minutes and for me the CE2 last a long time. Usually I break off a wick before the element burns out. I have gotten to where I only use 3 flavors of juice so I have 3 MAP tanks filled all he time. If someone used several flavors a day, I can see where the MAP tank might not work well for them. I must say that the first time you have to change the CE2, it can be a pain, but it gets better.

I use my MAP tanks exclusively. Mine don't leak, but I have found it works best for me if I clean them often. I tear them down completely and rinse the wicks under the faucet with warm water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Then I do a dry burn to get the gunk off the coils. It just takes a few minutes and for me the CE2 last a long time. Usually I break off a wick before the element burns out. I have gotten to where I only use 3 flavors of juice so I have 3 MAP tanks filled all he time. If someone used several flavors a day, I can see where the MAP tank might not work well for them. I must say that the first time you have to change the CE2, it can be a pain, but it gets better.

Thanks !

Mine should be here any minute (stalking the mailman already??) and if you have a chance let me know if there's anything you'd suggest to do before the first use, like getting ride of any primer or stuff like that.

If I like it I plan on ordering more and more heating elements .... what kind of things I should avoid? How low the juice level can go ? How often do I need to top it off ?

Any help will be appreciated

Take care y'all

Thanks !

Mine should be here any minute (stalking the mailman already??) and if you have a chance let me know if there's anything you'd suggest to do before the first use, like getting ride of any primer or stuff like that.

If I like it I plan on ordering more and more heating elements .... what kind of things I should avoid? How low the juice level can go ? How often do I need to top it off ?

Any help will be appreciated

Take care y'all

I'm a GP SSR (basically the same thing as a MAP) and it works great. There's no primer on the CE2s, so nothing to worry about with that. For me, turning it sideways for a few seconds or a quick tilt upside down keeps it wicked very good. You'll need to so this more so when the juice is low. Mine holds 4ml and lasts me just about all day, sometimes more. I don't know how much juice the MAP holds.

I'm a GP SSR (basically the same thing as a MAP) and it works great. There's no primer on the CE2s, so nothing to worry about with that. For me, turning it sideways for a few seconds or a quick tilt upside down keeps it wicked very good. You'll need to so this more so when the juice is low. Mine holds 4ml and lasts me just about all day, sometimes more. I don't know how much juice the MAP holds.

Thanks Brian, but I'm so frustrated right now. Just got mine and seems like the atty is gone or who knows, it doesn't fire up.

When I inhale it sound like when you're trying to get some soda from the end of the glass with a straw ... tried it with different batteries and with my pass-through so I don't know what's wrong. It should fire right away, isn't it > :wallbash:

Thanks Brian, but I'm so frustrated right now. Just got mine and seems like the atty is gone or who knows, it doesn't fire up.

When I inhale it sound like when you're trying to get some soda from the end of the glass with a straw ... tried it with different batteries and with my pass-through so I don't know what's wrong. It should fire right away, isn't it > :wallbash:

After looking up the MAP tank, it is assembled differently than the SSR. This vid may help:

This is what's causing my no-fire issue right ? SEE PIC

How can I fix it ? Should I have to order a new CE2 element ?

F**k I hate to wait for things to get here and they don't work

post-9249-0-59980700-1309648682_thumb.jp

This is what's causing my no-fire issue right ? SEE PIC

How can I fix it ? Should I have to order a new CE2 element ?

F**k I hate to wait for things to get here and they don't work

Yep. Looks like the negative connection is off. Got a soldering iron? You can solder he wire back in place.

Naahhh everything is f**ked up now, I bent the thread to the battery now, have to trash everything and keep the tank until I can order another atty.

:thumbsdown:

Are they the regular or XL CE2s? GP and Madvapes both have them pretty cheap. I think GP has them on sale.

Are they the regular or XL CE2s? GP and Madvapes both have them pretty cheap. I think GP has them on sale.

No idea Brian, just bought the "standard" from COV, I wanted to order a spare one just in case but they we're not available, kinda funny if you sell the mod and don't have parts, but whatever.

Thanks for your help Brian, I appreciate it a lot

No idea Brian, just bought the "standard" from COV, I wanted to order a spare one just in case but they we're not available, kinda funny if you sell the mod and don't have parts, but whatever.

Thanks for your help Brian, I appreciate it a lot

Damn - that sucks! I looked at COV and they do use the XL size, but looking at them they look different (the connector part) than the CE2s I have, so not sure if you have to have special CE2 or what. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

Edited by Brian

Damn - that sucks! I looked at COV and they do use the XL size, but looking at them they look different (the connector part) than the CE2s I have, so not sure if you have to have special CE2 or what. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

Just emailed Bruce at COV to see if he can get me spares, if not I'll give the Liquinator a try as some suggested here.

Maybe some Boge cartos for my Ego-T since I cleaned them today but my jaws hurt at the end of the day because of all the effort I have to make to suck through those cartos all day :veryangry:

Ordered a Liquinator, got tired of waiting for someone to email me back.

Terrible post-sale service, seems like I can cross Clouds of Vapor from my supplier list.

Just hope VaporEscence ships fast enough, I'm not far from there and pay for upgraded shipping to make sure I can get this ASAP

Is the REO looking any better? ....I threw away a lot of headaches once I got mine. Just the REO, battery and a good atty. No wicks or wicking issues, no dripping unless I want to. Nothing but good, reliable vape. Beats anything with a wick IMO. Either way- best of luck on your issues.

Is the REO looking any better? ....I threw away a lot of headaches once I got mine. Just the REO, battery and a good atty. No wicks or wicking issues, no dripping unless I want to. Nothing but good, reliable vape. Beats anything with a wick IMO. Either way- best of luck on your issues.

A REO, maybe a mini, is in the near future. I'm a newbie, just 3 weeks into this, and just tried it on my ego-t so far. Don't have a lot of knowledge about voltages, dripping and stuff like that, I keep using it like I'd with an analog just to keep me from going back, but until now never smoked again and I don't take as many breaks while working so I'm making more $ per hour :thumbsup: